2006 Jeep Commander

Great Car, Great Engine!

by from Los Angeles, CA on September 20, 2017

Realiable, powerfull, low maintenance. Loved this truck. Towed 7000 lb trailer across the country and, through the Dakota winds, and the Rocky Mountains. The Commander was just that! A commander of the road.

It grew on me

by from Eureka, CA on September 14, 2017

I bought this because I needed a third row seating option quickly. At first I viewed it as a station wagon with all wheel drive until after owning it for a few months I really began to appreciate it. It drove smooth, looked good, and felt good. The gas mileage sucked but no more than my Chevy Silverado. Id still have this Jeep today if it wasn't for a Drunk Driver.

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!

by from Owensboro,KY on August 25, 2017

First off in the first 2 months of owning battery died, then 1 year later the antifreeze bypass hose was leaking, now after having the jeep for 4 years a piston destroyed, destroying my engine now gonna cost me $3000, mechanic told me Jeep should recall for it cause it is a known problem and has been since they came out with it.

Jeep commander

by from Garden City on August 16, 2017

Nothing but fun. Took it off roading and it did everything I wanted it to do the suspension was great the horsepower was awesome I was very impressed and happy with the Jeep Commander
Not Rated Reliability

Good vehicle

by from Pittsburgh PA on August 16, 2017

This car has a lot of leg room , I love that the middle seats also come down so we can fit dressers, tables, etc. and not miss having a truck. Also much better gas mileage than our old truck. It handles well for all the hills in Pittsburgh and although purchased used with regular maintenance this car is just perfect for what we need.

A Beautiful vehicle

by from Ohio on August 8, 2017

Oh my God the comfort and legroom even in the 3rd row seating is phenomenal. Amazing amount of cargo space, nice bulletproof engine (4.7 V8) amazing reliability and power delivery. Overall a great vehicle, loved it with no complaints besides some lower gas mileage.

LUV MY JEEP, HAS BEEN BEST AUTO I HAVE EVER OWNED

by from 24277 on July 25, 2017

VERY COMFORTABLE ON LONG DRIVES, AWESOME IN THE SNOW, FEATURES I LUV AND EASY TO USE, ONLY CON IS THE GAS MILEAGE GET BOUT 16GAL/MILE ON CRUIES CONTROL AREAS

Great Family sized truck

by from Alexandria, VA on July 24, 2017

GREAT TRUCK!!! PRO: Space 3rd row seats or extra storage space Cons: Gas guzzler 3rd row seats are only useful for small children (no leg-room)

Didn't realize I would like it until I saw it

by from Orlando Fl on July 20, 2017

This wasn't my fist second or third choice for a car when I was looking. I never really have these a second look until the salesman showed it to me. It hit all the checkmarks I was looking for in a new(used) car. But I will say the gas mileage is terrrrible, but for the safety and security of my family it's a small price to pay.

MISS MY OLD JEEP

by from Port Aransas, TX on July 14, 2017

Saved my life in a T-bone crash. Had to be totaled but I walked away with a couple of bruises. It was quick, loaded with options and powerful. I now have a 2009 Commander 4WD Overland and love it just as much. Great cars, lots of options and plenty of power to get up and go. i towed a car with it a couple of weeks ago and never knew it was behind me.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Jeep Commander