2006 Grand Cherokee

$549 - $15,013  MSRP Range
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Love my jeep

by Noquarter from Columbus, OH on Tue Jul 21 2009

I have th 3.7 and at first I hated it. I upgraded from a 97 Grand Cherokee with the 4.0 and I felt the power was lacking. However, I have since started to like it. The trick with the 3.7 is to drive it hard. If you baby it, it does lack in power but if you drive it a little harder you start to see it does have good power. I read on the Jeep forums that the engine likes to be driven hard. The interior is comfortable and functional. I bought mine used with 46,000 miles on it and there are few little problems with the interior, mainly a squeeky back seat when its in the up position. I put larger tires on it then stock and it made a big difference. It looks much better and performs better.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V-6

by AS from Fresno CA on Wed Apr 21 2010

I have owned this care for 3 years abd put nearly 40k on it without one breakdown of any kind. The V6 is a little underpowered and the gas mileage is disappointing though you can get close to 20 on the highway if you stay at 65. 13-14 is about as good as it gets in town. The car is quiet, very comfortable and roomly carrying 4 adults and luggage with room to spare. It has the very solid feel of a Jeep built tough enough to go off road.

One of the best vehicles on the road

by jeep enthusiast from Cleveland,OH on Sat Aug 21 2010

This Jeep has been great for me great power,features, 4 wheel drive is the best on the market.Also has a great aggressive look.The only thing is fuel economy not the best but I don't care much about that.You should buy a Jeep if you are looking for overall performance not fuel economy.Also had a wrangler highly reccomend both!

my favorite vehicle yet

by happy driver from lyndonville,ny on Wed Feb 06 2013

Bought my jeep at summit view in spencerport,ny. One of best vehicles i have ever owned. Thank you summit view!!

greatest vehicle I ever owned

by FUAD from NASHVILLE on Tue Nov 07 2006

the vehicle that i owe is great,I owe 06 grsnd cherokee 4.7 litre v8 4x4 it`s off road cAPABILITY AND VERY ROOMY . I LIKE IT VERY MUCH, IT`S LOT OF VEHICLE FOR THE MONEY DONT HAVE ANY MORE COMENTS,BUT YOU KNOW HOW THEY SAY "ONCE JEEP OWNER , ALWAYS JEEP OWNER"

wonderful vehicle for the money

by also own sports car & formerly lincoln continental from THe Minneapple, Minnesota on Wed Dec 19 2012

True four-wheel-drive; no snowstorm stops her. Luxury, comfort, all the goodies, room, power, speed, great for towing and looks, too. Love the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Wonderful vehicle for the money.

most reliable car ive owned

by weebs from houston, tx on Mon May 11 2009

I have owned this car for approximately 3 years and it has driven better and is more durable than any other car i have purchased and i am a car fenatic.

LOVE MY JEEP!!

by Carnie from NY on Mon Oct 19 2009

I have owned my 2006 Jeep for almost 3 years and I absolutely LOVE it! I have had no real trouble with it. Just routine repairs. The only issue I have is the seats were stained when I bought it (it was a rental), someone spilled coffee all over them. Cleaning them is very tough and if you drip water on the seat it leaves a ring. I'd go for leather seats with my next Jeep. Yes, I will be getting another when mine is paid off. I can't think of driving anything else.

Great Vehicle

by BigRob from Houston, TX on Thu Mar 04 2010

This was my second Jeep and my second Lease...Yes I said Lease...Easy transaction on the vehicle. Anyway, smooth as silk, quiet and I will get another one soon...If you have ever owned one then you would see!!! Nothing beats a Jeep...

Near perfect

by Hooked on Jeep from Plano Tx on Fri Jan 29 2010

Purchased the 06 Overland model with a blemish-free interior and exterior and replaced the engine with a new 09 Hemi 5.7. The previous owner ran the 5.7 without oil and burned it up. The Jeep serves its purpose well. It has a nice jaw line and a handsome profile. The valet at a popular hot spot often parks it right up front along with the luxury cars. It has plenty of power and easily pulls my motorcycle, band equipment, and work trailers without a second thought. The Quadra-Trac II does its job well. It is fun to drive in the sand dunes on Crystal Beach and the snowy San Juan mountains. The interior is sold and well appointed. I bought it as a beat-around car with towing and off-road capability, but it grew on my quickly and i now like it better than my ML-500 and almost as well as my wife's Audi Q7. My 3 biggest qualms - 1) the GPS controls are small and quirky, especially compared to the Q7. Took some time to get used to. 2) the "premium" sound is not very premium and will be replaced soon. This may not be a big deal for most, but i am a music freak 3) Headroom - the top of my hair touches the sun roof trim area. Again, just something I'm not used to, but not a big deal. I use it for everything now, and for my needs the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is near perfect.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I thought a hot rod Jeep Grand Cherokee would be a bit like the Dodge Ram SRT10 - power overkill just for the heck of it. Driving the Grand Cherokee SRT8 for 800 miles in three days, however, really opened my eyes.

What I discovered is that the Grand Cherokee SRT8 is not a four-wheeled caricature, but a delightfully impressive road car of the first magnitude. Of course I expected the 420-horsepower Hemi V-8 to be a giggle, but I was totally surprised by its ability to unload its power in such a sophisticated way. Acceleration was awesome. Jeep says the SRT8 hits 60 miles per hour in less than five seconds, and that makes the SRT8 quicker than a Porsche Cayenne Turbo or a BMW X5. It is priced lower than... Read More