2012 Kia Forte

It is a fast car!

by from Houston, Texas on September 5, 2017

It was a great car but due to the floodings on our streets I had to trade it in. Although, it was fast car and I enjoyed driving it.

Fun to drive

by from Dover, NH on August 28, 2017

Car has all you could reasonably ask for in a sport/commuter vehicle. Handled well, good acceleration and well-appointed technology and creature comforts.
Not Rated Reliability

Amazing car

by from Phoenix, AZ on August 4, 2017

I've had this car for about 4 years and it was the first big girl car I bought when I turned 18. I've had absolutely no major issues with it.

This has been a great car very dependablde and eco

by from Atlanta. Ga. on July 23, 2017

This car has been very econamical. It still drives likr a brand new car with 120,000.00 milees on it.

First time Buyer very satisfied

by from Indianapolis,IN on July 22, 2017

Comfortable with style. the body has a great since of style. drives smooth. it gets really good gas mileage
Not Rated Reliability

Good family car

by from Corydon Indiana on July 20, 2017

It has held up pretty well. No real complaints about it. It has been a good family car for us. Gas milage is also good.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Excellent value

by from Hamilton, ohio on July 19, 2017

Compact yet fits three kids. Awesome handling and performance. Compact and roomy. Would definitely recommend.

Great Car

by from New City, NY on May 23, 2017

Gets good gas mileage (I drive 80-100 miles a day). Plenty of trunk space and backseat has good legroom. Car has better pep for getting on highways then I thought it would. Car runs great and I have had no issues other than regular maintenance.

Nice car, has some issues

by from on May 8, 2017

I bought my Kia forte back in September of 2016 used. In December of 2016 my radio blew out and stopped working. I was driving and all of a sudden the radio made a popping noise and went out and wouldn't turn back on... My car has 58,000 miles on it right now, and the radio broke months ago. We have been enduring some warmer weather, and I started my car and put it into drive and it made a gun-gunk noise and I thought it was odd. I started driving slowly and it seemed fine but when my car was supposed to be shifting, the car seemed to be having a difficult time shifting and it seemed a little off... Once the speed got up to 60, it seemed steady but something definitely felt off. The next morning I was driving and noticed the weird shifting problem and then my check engine light came on... Like I said earlier my car only has 58,000 miles on it.. It seems a but ridiculous that it seems to be having transmission problems already. Also, if you are someone who loves your radio, I would not buy a kia. Their radios are incredibly cheap and break easily. If you don't have warranty on your car, even if you're below 100,000 miles, they won't fix it for you. Oh, and the seat material is horrible. It stains super easily and is hard to clean. When it's raining and I've gotten water in my car, water has made a weird stain on my seats and I am most definitely not fond of that..

2012 2.4L SX

by from Florida on February 8, 2015

Im coming to the end of my 39mnt lease of the Kia Forte 2.4Lt SX 5 door hatchback and can't find any major faults. I loved driving this car but only did 18,000 mls in 3 years, including one long road trip of 1500 mls each way in less than 3 days. We nicknamed this car the Pocket Rocket because the 173-hp you get from the 2.4-liter I-4 cyl. engine gives you more than enough power due to the low weight of the car. I've left quite a few bigger more powerful car drivers for dead at red lights. When they caught up at the next red light I've had some people ask what engine is in that thing, it flies down the road. The engine was great but did get much lower MPG than I expected of a car this size, even when not driving with my lead foot to the floor. The most economical I got combined was 20-22 MPG but that was mostly city driving. Highway usually rose above 30 MPG with clear roads. Steering and handling was very light, any little bump or pothole in the road was felt right throughout the car and up the steering column. Interior space for a supposedly small car was enormous. Five adults fit very comfortable and the trunk space was huge. The leather seats got very uncomfortable on longer journeys with very little lumbar support. No major problems with the car in 3 years. The Backup camera had to be replaced when it stopped working after a few months but the Kia dealer had it done in about an hour with no charge. The Kia warranty is amazing. I'm not getting another Kia Forte mainly due to the fact I need a larger car and the handling of the Forte is just too soft for me. Would I recommend it to friends interested in a smaller 5 door hot hatch.... YES in an instant!!!

Our Expert Review: 2012 Kia Forte