Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Forte Koup

2012 Kia Forte Koup

2012 Kia Forte Koup

4.3

Have You Driven the 2012 Kia Forte Koup?

A little disappointed

by Ronniepants from Kingston Ontario on Sun Nov 24 2013

I purchased the 2010 ex and loved it. Loved it so much that I traded it in for the 2012 sx luxury! Nothing but problems... Heat shield rattle. Took it in and it's fixed but rattling again. Cruise sometimes works. Sunroof is leaking. Hard to get through the gears when cold. Has an engine knock and the dealer said bring it in when it gets worse. Dealer said it may throw a rod. Tach sticks. I want my 2010 back!!

Great Value and Gas Mileage, Head-Turning Looks

by jdstewie1 from Tuscaloosa, AL on Wed Jun 14 2017

First off, I have to give it to Kia. They made a great-looking and reliable car. Being 6'4, I have plenty of room in the front seat, but I would not put someone my height in the backseat. It can comfortably carry two people, and the trunk space is impressive for a coupe, which makes it great for traveling. However, I wish they had followed what Hyundai did with the Genesis Coupe. Even with the 2.4L SX (174HP), this car is no performance/sports car. It gets great gas mileage (I average 35 on the interstate with my 2.0L EX, 156HP.). Other than the lacking performance, I can't really complain. I get compliments on the Corsa Blue Metallic paint pretty much everywhere I go. I purchased this car in 2014 with only 14,000 miles on the odometer. I just passed 60,000 miles and have only had to get a transmission sensor replaced (under warranty) throughout my ownership of the car. So this car is monumentally reliable. However, with it being a car on the lower-end of the price-point, it does have its issues with quality. Since I purchased it, there have been a few air leaks and incessant rattles inside the car. The main air leaks are from the doors, and there's a rattle in the dashboard that I have not been able to locate. It's also not the quietest car when driving on the interstate. I typically listen to my music loud enough to where it's bearable. Other than the rattles and the air leaks, I have no complaints about the car. Maintenance is pretty straightforward since it's not an overly-technical vehicle. I've consistently used Mobil1 Full-Synthetic Oil, and most other maintenance I have been able to complete myself without a trip to the dealership. I would recommend this car to someone who commutes for work, or is going to college. I purchased this car my sophomore year of college and it has gotten me through my Master's degree. So, overall, I have to give the car a very good rating for reliability, gas-mileage, and even with the leaks, I have to give it an above-average rating on quality. Great work Kia, I've thoroughly enjoyed owning this car for the past six years!

A very reliable car

by Saturn2003 from Denton tx on Mon Feb 05 2018

The car met all my needs. The Kia Forte coupe is a very reliable car. It would make a very good car for a student.

Sportiest car for the price

by FlorieT on Mon Apr 30 2018

This car is very sporty. The tires sit low enough to give the feel of a sports car for the price of a kia. The steering wheel is rigid which makes every turn a rush! Great car.

One of the most reliable car

by Carfan from Florida on Thu Jan 11 2018

This car is well balanced from all points of view. I drive it daily and i am very pleased by driving experience and it is really fast too!

GAS MILEAGE

by Koupty! from Douglasville, GA on Fri Feb 24 2012

I bought the 2012 EX with model with manual 6 spd transmission this week. Going from a V8 Tundra to this beautiful car would obviously make me happy. I love the avergae mpg feature, epa rating was about 24 mpg city but I haven't gotten an average under 27yet! Today's high has been 29.5! I love how it handles curves and it's peppy. Mine is the bright silver black interior. Back seats are roomy, front seat are comfortable. The stereo system is great as well. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Beautiful Car!

by Sporty AJ from CA on Tue Feb 07 2012

I also love this car! I, too, have the Corsa Blue "sporty" model and immediately fell in love with the exterior. But, the interior is extremely comfortable and well designed. I am a large woman and there is PLENTY of room. Nice size back seat as well. Audio system is unbelievable. After owning a Toyota Celica, it took a while to get used to all the extra power and 'sensitive' brakes, but getting there! The only thing I think could be better is the rear defrost. It seems to take a long time to 'kick in'. But other than that, I think it is a GREAT car!

KIA? Never ever again

by DAVE from Boston, MA on Fri Jul 26 2013

I own one at this moment, and very disappointed. Very low quality. Interior plastics are very cheap and they make ridiculous noices on bumpy roads. suspention noices are bad after few 1000 miles. windshield makes strange noices when heat is on. I have a water leak in rear passenger side and none of the dealarships cant find out why. and much much more problems

Does not recommend this car!!

Exterior paint problems

by Disappointed from Joplin, MO on Wed May 02 2012

Bought the car brand new off the lot 6 weeks ago. Like most everything about the car. However, the paint on the bumper just below the driver side headlight is starting to peel. It is about the size of a half dollar and the edges of the peeled area are sticking up as if it's not limited to this size. I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow (to take a picture only)???. I will update soon. Has anyone else detected any paint problems with their Kia?, would sure like to know.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car!

by gk from Eagle, ID on Mon Oct 17 2011

What a car and value. Performance is awesome. Suspension and handling work very well. Slightly loud on exceleration but sounds good. Design works inside and out. Mileage is the best! Want a great little sports car.....buy one!