2014 Soul

2014 Kia Soul

2014 Kia Soul

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Kia Soul?

Very easy to drive

by Bill from Galion, Ohio on Tue Jan 14 2014

I find this car to be what we were looking for...easy to drive, easy to park and comfortable. We really enjoy the heating system, the wipers, and the lights...This makes for an easy drive in the winter weather.

Nice Car for Less

by dcgirl1450 from Farmington, NM on Thu Aug 28 2014

I love the space and roomy feel, the headrests could use less stiffness and more comfort. I like the style of the interior and exterior as well, very modern. My only problem has to be with the blindspots of the car. Very difficult to see and maneuver on the road. Overall, I recommend it to city drivers.

Love this car!

by Puerto Rican Soul from Columbus, Oh on Thu Sep 04 2014

I purchased my 2014 Kia Soul at the Ricart Mega Mall in Columbus Ohio. I have go say that this was a great purchase and the best choice of dealers I have ever made. From the time I visited the dealer they were kind, courteous and not pushy. Darrell my sales rep was amazing and I am glad to have met him. He let me decide to buy without all the crazy sales tactics. I ran into him at the store and he spoke and remembered my name. That's pretty good service! The car gives me all that I want and need, plus more. I bought because I drive back and forth from Cincinnati to Columbus daily and I enjoy the ride now. I never thought I would be a kia owner but I am a kia owner now for life.

More than advertised

by Economically Minded from Missouri on Mon Sep 22 2014

I purchased my 2014 Kia hoping to increase my MPG from 18 to 28. Iam pleased to say that the 6-speed manual transmission has allowed me to get an average of 31.5 MPG in the last 45 days. The vehicle is very practical with few bells and whistles, but the media/satellite/phone connections are a plus. I would buy again in a heartbeat!!

2014 Kia Soul +

by Person from America on Tue May 20 2014

I write this review because all others rave about the finest model (the !) or is written with massive bias. First, let it be known that I am a young male who just bought a 2014 Kia Soul +. Let it also be known that I have driven an SUV on a daily basis before. First, I would like to say that for a tall person, this car is perfect. Me, being 6'1, have no problems fitting into this car comfortably in all seats, including back. It is a very comfortable car to leisure around town with, and therefore makes it perfect for the work commute or going to classes, in my case. It's steering I find is soft, yet precise and with the handling in turn, it takes corners like a champ. There is body roll, yes, but coming from an SUV, I do not mind it. It's power is enough to get more fuel efficiency that outreaches other vehicles that I've driven, yet is enough to get over a hill if needed and not putting extra strain on it's engine. Concerning looks, I believe that it drips creativity and personality both inside and out. I believe its the best looking "box" hatchback on the market today. I love this car and do expect it to last through my college years and beyond.

Kia Soul, Sell itself , It great car, I love it!

by MMMSI1 from Wayne, Michigan on Thu Oct 29 2015

My 2014 Lime Color Kia Soul, Sell itself each time to everyone that has seen it. First thing they say is: Wow, I love that color, and its so roomy for its size, It got a lot of get up and go..and easy to park in, Very well built car, and I, feel very safe in it. When you shut the doors,, It sounds solid, A lot of space in back for grocery. Great in both city and highway, as I fill up every 2-3 weeks, which is nice.

Very nice with some suggestions

by Kia Soul Advisor from Minneapolis, MN on Sun Aug 23 2015

We bought the base 2014 Soul. I couldn't tell a great difference in the plus model's extra horsepower. The base has everything the plus model has except the stronger engine and 1 more inch larger tires. For that you'll spend about $12-$1300.00 more. Drove it through a Minnesota winter and it did quite well getting around in the snow. Something about the Soul's balance or stance made it do pretty good in winter driving. One thing I wasn't happy with was Kia's color choices. The colors are pretty bland and you can't get red in the base model.

for a low-priced car, it seems good thus far

by H.Tailor from Dallas, TX on Sun Aug 16 2015

Kias have been known as throw-away cars, but they have improved in quality and reliability. I carry large items but I expect occasional use so I wanted to spend as little as possible. So we bought as new a 2014 Soul + that the dealership was using as a demo. The bumpers seem like a flimsy plastic, and the backing of the back seats seems thin and potentially easy to scratch. Some cover is needed on it. But inside the needed amenities exist. Unfortunately the important rear camera is an option packaged with unnecessary items, so it's hard to pay for this important safety item. (One can be installed separately.) My car is automatic, but the speeds sometimes don't change easily. Unclear if this is a know feature or a problem with this specific car. The printed documentation is thin, so there are items whose function I don't know. But overall, it's a good option for those who want a bare-bones these days.

I love my new Kia Soul!

by 2014 Soul Lover from Charleston, South Carolina on Fri Dec 13 2013

I bought a 2014 Kia Soul a few weeks ago. I was a little hesitant because I have not owned a Kia before and wondered how good a car it could be at such a reasonable price. I also wanted a car with excellent gas mileage and the Soul is rated 24-30 MPG, which I thought was a little low.But I loved the look of the 2014, liked the way it drove on my test drives, and liked the flexibility of a small cross-over vehicle. So I made the deal. I bought the base model, 6-speed manual transmission, in Latte. I have driven my Soul about 500 miles, strictly around town, running errands, etc. This car is amazing!!! I absolutely love it. It rides very well, I love the way it shifts, it's very comfortable, AND maybe best of all--the gas mileage: I am averaging 35 MPG around town! About 10 MPG better than advertised!!! I also love the Sirius XM radio. I have never had Satellite radio before--it has all kinds of classic rock stations (including Deep Tracks), Jam Bands, about every genre you can think of! I didn't plan on keeping the subscription past the trial, but now I think I might. Don't be afraid of buying the base model!

LOVE MY SOUL!

by KiaInME111 from Maine on Tue Apr 21 2015

I bought my brand new 2014 soul base in October. I researched this car heavily and knew exactly what I was getting into. I find the car to have good gas mileage and it feels sturdy and high quality for a cheaper vehicle. I love the boxy look to this car. This car also kept me safe driving the back roads of Maine during the worst winter in 50 years, with studded snow tires. A word of warning, I bought the roof rack and it whistles, very annoying but I'm use to it now. For me the biggest con is the tiny trunk space as well as it does not come with a spare tire. The warranty for this car is excellent if you purchase brand new. What really amazes me with this car is the high safety rating it has, it comes with baby seat anchors which is important as we are planning on starting a family soon. I think what you get for the price on this car is a great value.

Our Take on the 2014 Kia Soul

As of the 2013 model year, the first-generation Kia Soul was more than 4 years old, and in today's fast-moving world of vehicle design, that's quite old (an adjective Kia certainly wouldn't want associated with its brand). It was time for a complete makeover.

Kia delivers with an all-new Soul for 2014, an ever-so-slightly more mature version that still manages to keep its youthful Soul soul.

Just about everything on the 2014 Soul is new — save for the general funky vibe. (Compare the 2013 and 2014 versions side by side here.) The once-trendy segment of square breadboxes on wheels appears to be waning, though the Scion xB and Nissan Cube continue for yet another model year despite continued rumors... Read More