Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Soul

2014 Kia Soul

2014 Kia Soul

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Kia Soul?

Very excited about our purchase

by First time new car buyer. from Riverside, Ca. on Mon Feb 03 2014

We are very happy with our new Kia Soul Plus. The entire car buying experience at Riverside Kia was very pleasant as well.

More than advertised

by Economically Minded from Missouri on Mon Sep 22 2014

I purchased my 2014 Kia hoping to increase my MPG from 18 to 28. Iam pleased to say that the 6-speed manual transmission has allowed me to get an average of 31.5 MPG in the last 45 days. The vehicle is very practical with few bells and whistles, but the media/satellite/phone connections are a plus. I would buy again in a heartbeat!!

Great car...great safety

by Scott K from Dallas, TX, United States on Fri Jul 31 2015

We researched the purchase of the 2014 Kia Soul extensively and have not been disappointed. There are a lot of posts about the car and I'll not add to that, but one area that hasn't been discussed is the safety of the vehicle in a crash. My wife and I received a call from my daughter at 5:15 AM. She had been driving to a summer job and a guy ran a red light and broadsided her Kia. She said she and her friend were OK and we rushed to the scene. To our surprise there was nothing left of the front of the car with the exception of the engine block. The side impact had literally destroyed the front of the car forward of the passenger cabin. It was amazing that there were no injuries and upon further inspection it was clear why. There were approximately 10 airbags that were deployed during the crash..both high and low. To my surprise there were lower side airbags protecting hip and legs. Safety rating is something I would definitely consider above styling and features but the Soul has both so it's a win-win.

2014 Kia Soul +

by Person from America on Tue May 20 2014

I write this review because all others rave about the finest model (the !) or is written with massive bias. First, let it be known that I am a young male who just bought a 2014 Kia Soul +. Let it also be known that I have driven an SUV on a daily basis before. First, I would like to say that for a tall person, this car is perfect. Me, being 6'1, have no problems fitting into this car comfortably in all seats, including back. It is a very comfortable car to leisure around town with, and therefore makes it perfect for the work commute or going to classes, in my case. It's steering I find is soft, yet precise and with the handling in turn, it takes corners like a champ. There is body roll, yes, but coming from an SUV, I do not mind it. It's power is enough to get more fuel efficiency that outreaches other vehicles that I've driven, yet is enough to get over a hill if needed and not putting extra strain on it's engine. Concerning looks, I believe that it drips creativity and personality both inside and out. I believe its the best looking "box" hatchback on the market today. I love this car and do expect it to last through my college years and beyond.

Went from a Mini Cooper to the Soul

by Midori, the green Kia Soul from Monterey, CA on Fri Jun 13 2014

After driving a mini Cooper for ten years, I must say the change was difficult at first. But now I love my Kia Soul. It lacks just a little in power ( I got the smaller engine ), but the ride is very comfortable. The visibility is fair ( again, not as good as the mini ). The interior is great, and the space perfect. The only thing I'd knock is the back seats hit the front ones when you put the seats down. Even with the head rests down, they still touch the front. I wish they would have included a CD player with the satellite radio, but I love having the media player. The car handles well, and is very smooth. My mini had trouble getting into reverse, so it's nice to have a car that doesn't hassle me when I shift ( I got a manual ). Overall its a great start to another 10 years of happy driving.

Kia Soul, Sell itself , It great car, I love it!

by MMMSI1 from Wayne, Michigan on Thu Oct 29 2015

My 2014 Lime Color Kia Soul, Sell itself each time to everyone that has seen it. First thing they say is: Wow, I love that color, and its so roomy for its size, It got a lot of get up and go..and easy to park in, Very well built car, and I, feel very safe in it. When you shut the doors,, It sounds solid, A lot of space in back for grocery. Great in both city and highway, as I fill up every 2-3 weeks, which is nice.

Very nice with some suggestions

by Kia Soul Advisor from Minneapolis, MN on Sun Aug 23 2015

We bought the base 2014 Soul. I couldn't tell a great difference in the plus model's extra horsepower. The base has everything the plus model has except the stronger engine and 1 more inch larger tires. For that you'll spend about $12-$1300.00 more. Drove it through a Minnesota winter and it did quite well getting around in the snow. Something about the Soul's balance or stance made it do pretty good in winter driving. One thing I wasn't happy with was Kia's color choices. The colors are pretty bland and you can't get red in the base model.

for a low-priced car, it seems good thus far

by H.Tailor from Dallas, TX on Sun Aug 16 2015

Kias have been known as throw-away cars, but they have improved in quality and reliability. I carry large items but I expect occasional use so I wanted to spend as little as possible. So we bought as new a 2014 Soul + that the dealership was using as a demo. The bumpers seem like a flimsy plastic, and the backing of the back seats seems thin and potentially easy to scratch. Some cover is needed on it. But inside the needed amenities exist. Unfortunately the important rear camera is an option packaged with unnecessary items, so it's hard to pay for this important safety item. (One can be installed separately.) My car is automatic, but the speeds sometimes don't change easily. Unclear if this is a know feature or a problem with this specific car. The printed documentation is thin, so there are items whose function I don't know. But overall, it's a good option for those who want a bare-bones these days.

LOVE MY SOUL!

by KiaInME111 from Maine on Tue Apr 21 2015

I bought my brand new 2014 soul base in October. I researched this car heavily and knew exactly what I was getting into. I find the car to have good gas mileage and it feels sturdy and high quality for a cheaper vehicle. I love the boxy look to this car. This car also kept me safe driving the back roads of Maine during the worst winter in 50 years, with studded snow tires. A word of warning, I bought the roof rack and it whistles, very annoying but I'm use to it now. For me the biggest con is the tiny trunk space as well as it does not come with a spare tire. The warranty for this car is excellent if you purchase brand new. What really amazes me with this car is the high safety rating it has, it comes with baby seat anchors which is important as we are planning on starting a family soon. I think what you get for the price on this car is a great value.

I love my new Kia Soul!

by 2014 Soul Lover from Charleston, South Carolina on Fri Dec 13 2013

I bought a 2014 Kia Soul a few weeks ago. I was a little hesitant because I have not owned a Kia before and wondered how good a car it could be at such a reasonable price. I also wanted a car with excellent gas mileage and the Soul is rated 24-30 MPG, which I thought was a little low.But I loved the look of the 2014, liked the way it drove on my test drives, and liked the flexibility of a small cross-over vehicle. So I made the deal. I bought the base model, 6-speed manual transmission, in Latte. I have driven my Soul about 500 miles, strictly around town, running errands, etc. This car is amazing!!! I absolutely love it. It rides very well, I love the way it shifts, it's very comfortable, AND maybe best of all--the gas mileage: I am averaging 35 MPG around town! About 10 MPG better than advertised!!! I also love the Sirius XM radio. I have never had Satellite radio before--it has all kinds of classic rock stations (including Deep Tracks), Jam Bands, about every genre you can think of! I didn't plan on keeping the subscription past the trial, but now I think I might. Don't be afraid of buying the base model!

Our Take on the 2014 Kia Soul

As of the 2013 model year, the first-generation Kia Soul was more than 4 years old, and in today's fast-moving world of vehicle design, that's quite old (an adjective Kia certainly wouldn't want associated with its brand). It was time for a complete makeover.

Kia delivers with an all-new Soul for 2014, an ever-so-slightly more mature version that still manages to keep its youthful Soul soul.

Just about everything on the 2014 Soul is new — save for the general funky vibe. (Compare the 2013 and 2014 versions side by side here.) The once-trendy segment of square breadboxes on wheels appears to be waning, though the Scion xB and Nissan Cube continue for yet another model year... Read More