2003 Kia Spectra

2003 Kia Spectra Review

by from Moorhead, MN on September 8, 2017

This vehicle is absolutely horrible; it looks horrible, drives poorly. The steering was the only thing I appreciated. Tranny blew out at around 100,000, its cheap to service but there is not much to it. Definitely one of Kia's embarrassing models. Nevertheless, it will get you from A to B. But, down expect any looks on the road or comfort in the interior.

Good commuter car for the price.

by from Milton, WA on August 21, 2017

We purchased this car for my son to learn to drive with as a fixer for $800. We repaired the brakes, transmission, and windshield and found the car was full of pep for a little two cylinder. The car is reliable and fairly decent on gas (22 mpg with 22 mpg observed). However, if you are over six feet tall, the car is uncomfortable, especially in the back seats. The base model although automatic, did not come with air conditioning, power mirrors, power door locks, or power windows. A good commuter car provided you are under six feet and don't drive when it is hot!

Best Car I ever Owned

by from Tacoma Wa on June 21, 2017

This has been a great inexpensive car to own. Very little work has ever had to be done to it. Bought it brand new in 2003 for wife.

Nice little car

by from Louisville on May 2, 2017

It's a great little gas saver couldn't have asked for a better car easy car to maintain cheap tires brakes

Best. Car. Ever.

by from Muskegon, MI on July 1, 2014

I bought a 2003 Kia Spectra back in 2008 - I have driven this car all over the country. Considering it's an 11 year old car with over 100,000 miles...I cannot believe how reliable it has been over the years. I love this car. Nothing on it breaks, I haven't had to sink a bunch of money into it, it's a solid, dependable car. I highly recommend it!

Safe, Economical & Reliable

by from Atchison, KS on August 13, 2013

I was looking for an affordable, fuel efficient, reliable and safe vehicle for my daughter to drive a 120 mile roundtrip commute each day. this vehicle fit the bill perfectly.

KIA SPECTRA

by from W2OODBRIDGE NJ on February 21, 2012

I HAVE HAD VARIOUS CARS IN MY LIFE,, INCLUDING A HONDA ACCORD AND NOT ONE OF THOSE CARS CAN STAND NEXT TO MY KIA SPECTRA...I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR 9 YEARS AND PUT ON BRAKES TWICE AND 2 FULL TUNE UPS, CHANGESD TIRES 2X AND NECESSARY OIL CHANGES AS THE YEARS GO BY DUE TO I ONLY USE MY CAR FOR SHORT DISTANCES, UNTIL RECENTLY WHEN MY DAUGHTER RELOCATED TO MILFORD NJ AND IS AN HOUR AWAY, I HAVE MADE ALL BUT 3 TRIPS TO HER HOUSE AND NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. THIS IS THE ONLY CAR I HAVE HAD THAT I FEEL COMFORTABLE IN AND MIND YOU I HAVE NO POWER NOTHING, MY HONDA'S WINDOW MECHANISM BROKE DOWN AND I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD NEVER BY A CAR WITH ELECTRONIC WINDOWS OR NOTHING THAT WILL BREAK DOWN AND COST ME MONEY TO REPLACE...SO I SETTLED FOR MY KIA, NEVER LOOKED BACK AND SO GLAD I DID THIS..AT THIS MOMENT IT HAS ONLY 61,200 MILES ON IT AND JUST REPLACE THE BRAKE FLUID PUMP..I KNOW I CAN STILL GET A FEW DOLLARS FOR MY CAR, HAPPY STILL...

Korean cars 4 ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by from Bartlett, Texas on July 23, 2011

I purchased a red 2003 Kia Spectra to replace my 1989 Peugeot station wagon. The car had 69,000 miles and a stick shift. This car was the best car I have owned. When the odometer read 82,875 miles, I had to replace the fan belt. Thank God it was part of the warranty. I traded it in when the odometer read 121,953 for a 2005 Suzuki Reno (Daewoo Lacetti)

Great car

by from Foley, MN on April 5, 2011

We went from an Impala to a Spectra and are pleasantly suprised. It is a basic car, manual windows and locks, but a very reliable and confortable to ride in. Would not hesitate to go any distance in our car

nice cars

by from mi on July 26, 2010

"I absolutely LOVE this car! I've had it a little over a year now, and it's never given me any problems