2006 Sportage

2006 Kia Sportage

2006 Kia Sportage

Have you driven the 2006 Kia Sportage?

This Vehicle is a Winner

by Steve from Florida on Sat Dec 08 2007

I bought the 2006 V6 2WD LX model back in November of 06, so I've had it for a little over a year now. This is an excellent all-around vehicle. The V6 has good acceleration, especially in the higher gears. A little bit of lag taking off from rolling stops until you get used to it. Gas mileage has been as good as if not a little better than advertised. I get just under 20 in the city and right at 24 on the highway. The cargo ability is fantastic as I was able to carry two (detached in two pieces) recliners in the back with the back seats down. Plenty of room in the back compartments to carry tools and any non-combustible cleaning supplies. Also has good lighting, sharp-looking interior and exterior, a handy sunglass holder, nice drink coasters front and back, and easily seats 5 adults. Leg room in the front is not the greatest on longer trips that require liberal usage of the brake and gas, but I am 6'3" tall. And the AM radio reception is a little basey (even with full treble turned on), which just takes getting used to.

A great little vehicle

by David from Atlanta on Fri Feb 19 2016

Purchased this vehicle used with 120,000 miles. Currently at 145,000 with zero issues. Originally my wifes car, this is the 2006 kia lx 4 cyl FWD. It is cheap to own, economical and very reliable. Other than regular maintenance, the vehicle inside is like new with the only wear being the steering wheel beginning to crack at the top. Only work to the car done was new brakes, rotors, transmission fuild drain &fill (myself) and new tires (tire shop). Other than that, this thing is great! Kia is so great that my wife now drives a 2015 Kia Sorento and love it too!

Excellent Value/Driveability Combo

by NCSenior from Raleigh, NC on Wed May 06 2009

We bought our 2WD 6Cyl EX back in Nov. '05 and have been more than pleased with it in all ways. Very reliable, high utility, good comfort and fun to drive. I would like better than our 20 mpg all around, but since we only avg 8,000 miles a year the MPG has not been a big deal. I really don't think we could have made a better choice and expect to keep this vehicle for many more years.

Best deal in town!

by Cootie 526 from Rockford ,Illinois on Fri Jul 21 2006

I bought a Kia Sportage LX V6 AWD and I would have to say that I have never been to fond of foreign vehicles, but the Kia Sporage has a great warranty and the saftey features that come standard with the 6 system airbags, it was a vehicle that I could not pass up for the options and the price. The vehicle is sporty looking and the interior is quite stylish and very roomy compared to the other suvs I had considered before my purchase. I have had my sportage for 1 month now and we have put 2600 miles on it we live in Northen Illinois and drove it to Tennessee we averaged 24mpg on the highway and 22 in the city---pretty impressive for a SUV V6. The ride was very smmoth on the road and we decided to take it off road while in Tennessee up the mountins and it did very well going up the mountain not slugish or lack of torque at all.Overall Iam Very HAPPPY with my new car purchase. I have been ased by several people at intersections what I was driving and I would tell them Kia and they don't believe that Kia made a vehicle that nice. I have sent 2 people to the local dealership where I purchases mine to look a Kia and one person purchases a Sportage and the other a Sorento. KIA KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

Very impressive car

by novit from marrero,la on Mon Sep 29 2008

On the highway it really holds it's own. Easy to drive. I move some furniture, Will the rear seats down and the plastic covers on the back, this car is very easy to load and holds alot. I'm happy!

Most Reliable car I've owned

by Tim P from Easton, PA on Sat Aug 19 2017

In eleven years and 222,000 miles, no issues. I purchased new and had it serviced by the selling dealer only. Service thought it would go 350,000 but I got rear-ended pushing me into the car ahead. The insurance would not pay to fix it due to age and mileage. I just purchase a 2006 Kia Spectra 5, 93,000 miles with the insurance money and no out of pocket.

very reliable

by DeeDee from PA on Tue Feb 19 2013

When looking for a car I only wanted a hyanda tussan but could not find one I could aford so I had to settle for a Kai sportage but oh was I surprised the proformance of this car is great! It kinda remindes me of my old tussan, I love everything about it! And beleave me there was no settling for this Kia!!!!!

Best Kept Secret in Mid SIzed SUV Marketplace

by Car Buff 53 from Cary NC on Sat Mar 23 2013

The Kia Sportage is the best mid sized SUV value on the planet. We have owned this and a CRV and there is hardly any difference between the two in overall appeal. The Kia has a nice V6 vs the CRVs 4 cylinder. Bottom line this is one of the most reliable cars we have ever owned.

Bang for the buck!!!

by cootie 526 from Rockford, Illinois on Fri Jul 21 2006

I bought a new sportage about a month ago, and I love it. I was comparing several suvs before I purchased and I decided on the sportage. The warranty and the saftey features were the main reason my husband and I choose the sportage, you see I'm a critical care float nurse at a local hospital and I see alot of traumas come in and the patients are not in the gratest shape because of the saftey features in their vehicle (or lack ther of) I don't want to see anyone in my family like that. We just come back from a trip to Tennessee were we drove the new spotage from Illinois it drove nice the whole way there and the gas mileage was about 24mpg. Lots of luggage room. The interior of the vehicle is stylish. Everyone I know likes my vehicle and wants to know when Kia started making such a nice looking vehicle.. I would definatly recomend people to at least make it part of there decision making process, and don't just overlook a great vehicle with great saftey features and a good priced just because of the name "Kia" I overlooked that detail and got a vehicle that I know will last me a lifetime!!

Enjoy my Sportage

by New to Kia from Bristol, Indiana on Wed May 10 2006

After driving my new 2006 Kia Sportage for about two weeks now I am extremely happy with it. I have the V6 engine and it is quite responsive especially when needing to accelerate to pass. The ride is quite smooth and very quiet. The vehicle looks rather small on the outside but it is surprisingly large on the inside. There is ample cargo space in the back with easy access using the rear lift gate. Also, the amenities on the inside are plentiful. I especially enjoy the six-speaker stereo and easy accessibility of the center console controls. The gas mileage has been as advertised with an average of 22mpg in the city. I have not had it long enough to say what the highway mileage will be. All in all I am most impressed with the vehicle and the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty gives me extra peace of mind. I would heartily recommend this vehicle to anyone.

1 2 3 4