2008 Sportage

2008 Kia Sportage

$90 - $12,486  MSRP Range
2008 Kia Sportage

Have you driven the 2008 Kia Sportage?

2008 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD

by Proud Kia owner!!! from Tarrytown, NY on Sat Jan 14 2012

I had the 2001 model and owned it for nearly 10 years. When it came time to purchase a new car I bought a 'used' 2008 Sportage with just over 10K miles on it. This SUV is awesome and looks great!! Other then the gas mileage, I have been very happy with my choice. The Kia nameplate gets allot of negative press but I noticed that when it comes to owner reviews, it does better then the Honda CR-V and the Toyota Rav 4. Just look for yourself, if you don't believe me. There is PLENTY of cargo room and it handles great in the snow. I plan on enjoying this Sportage as long as I enjoyed the last one. See you again in 2020 when I purchase my next Kia.

Best vehicle I've ever had

by rawmustard from Springfield, MI on Thu Apr 30 2009

I bought this vehicle in January with only 41 miles on the odometer, and over 7,000 miles later the vehicle still handles very well. Granted, the I4 engine has to do some work on acceleration, but it can get to speed very well. After a few months, I've found that the vehicle exceeds the given EPA range for fuel mileage, which is excellent for this class of vehicle. If you like the Spectra but want more headroom, you won't go wrong considering the Sportage.

very enjoyable automobile

by canoe people from MN on Mon Jan 02 2012

Excellent transport for our situation in MN. Very sure footed, comfy, good ride, attractive, everything works together nicely. The V-6 for this year(2008) gets less gas mileage than later models. We like it.

First New Car I have ever purchased

by NewKiaConvert from Fort Wayne, IN on Sun Nov 09 2008

I bought my 2008 Sportage EX new with 11 miles on the odometer. I love this new truck! It is perfect for my busy, active urban-rural lifestyle. I work and go to school in the city, but travel to the country whenever possible for play and weekends. The passing speed isn't sluggish like they say, however if you are at highway speeds the 6cyl will fire up the RPMs to increase speed, but it has it when it needs it. All interior comforts are wonderful for a spartan SUV. Stock CD player is great, my cloth interior is very stylish and durable. It handles a heck of a lot better than you think it does when you are driving it. LIke I said I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Great value!

by Value guy from Smithfield, RI on Thu Jul 31 2008

I'm a "value" type of person and have never regretted buying this vehicle. Just approaching 3 years old and 40,000 miles, my only expense to date has been 2 burned out bulbs with the dealer replacement cost at $25 each. I bought the vehicle on 10/2005 and have gone thru 3 uneventful NE winters. This is the EX V6 automatic model with 4x4. Who needs luxury? Last winter, I remember going around a stuck Mercedes with all 4 of its wheels spinning. Average city/hwy mileage is low 20 according to the trip computer. Mileage is better in summer because of the way they formulate the gasoline. Sounds crazy but I love the way the sun visors slide over to keep the sun out of your face. This feature actually put the deal over for me. Again, don't look for luxury here, just a very nice affordable, common sense vehicle with style and good handling.

Most Reliable car I have ever owned!

by jessie from Parrish Fl on Fri May 16 2014

Bought my Sportage new in 2008. Not one problem. Did buy new tires and battery. Will drive my Kia forever!

I love this Kia!!

by Kia Lover from Ft. Collins, CO on Mon Feb 18 2008

This Kia is awesome!! When I pass other vehicles, its not sluggish at all. You get a great car for a modest price. This is my 4th Kia and I have not had any problems whatsoever.

Great buy!

by lisa from illinois on Thu May 15 2008

I bought my 2008 Sportage new and I love it. The inside is great, I just wish it had a bigger armrest. It handles fantastic! I have the V6 2WD and have no problems accelerating,passing or merging. I get good gas mileage and just plain love my little SUV. It has the nice feature of fold flat back seats which I have utilized on many occasions. This vehicle is a great buy for the money!

LIKE IT

by DOG PERSON from COLUMBUS, OHIO on Sun Jan 20 2013

HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR SO FAR. EASY SEAT MOVEMENT. BACK SEATS LAY DOWN EASY AND FLAT. EASY 1 BUTTON INTO 4 WHEEL DRIVE! SITS UP EASY TO GET IN AND OUT. NICE CAR!

BEST PRICE BEST WARRANTY BETTER THAN DOMESTICS

by SK from DALLAS,TX on Tue Mar 04 2008

I LOOKED AT ALL THE COMPETITION - WITH THE STANDARD SAFETY OPTIONS AND THE QUALITY INTERIOR - NOTHING REALLY CAME CLOSE - GOT A FAILY LOADED LX FOR 17,080 - JUST WISH IT HAD SIRIUS RADIO

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2008 Kia Sportage

When the redesigned Kia Sportage and its Hyundai Tucson sibling arrived a few years back, they leapfrogged their competitors — pole-vaulted them, really — in safety features and value. Most have caught up, however, and today Kia's entrant lacks its former appeal. Stripped-down versions of the Sportage are still a bargain, but as a whole, this SUV trails the pack.

Front- or all-wheel-drive models come in LX or uplevel EX trims. The LX can have a four-cylinder or V-6, while the EX gets only the V-6. I drove a four-wheel-drive EX. All trims carry over with few changes for 2008; click here to see a comparison with the '07 Sportage.

Rounded Styling