2008 Kia Sportage

2008 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD

by from Tarrytown, NY on January 14, 2012

I had the 2001 model and owned it for nearly 10 years. When it came time to purchase a new car I bought a 'used' 2008 Sportage with just over 10K miles on it. This SUV is awesome and looks great!! Other then the gas mileage, I have been very happy with my choice. The Kia nameplate gets allot of negative press but I noticed that when it comes to owner reviews, it does better then the Honda CR-V and the Toyota Rav 4. Just look for yourself, if you don't believe me. There is PLENTY of cargo room and it handles great in the snow. I plan on enjoying this Sportage as long as I enjoyed the last one. See you again in 2020 when I purchase my next Kia.

Best vehicle I've ever had

by from Springfield, MI on April 30, 2009

I bought this vehicle in January with only 41 miles on the odometer, and over 7,000 miles later the vehicle still handles very well. Granted, the I4 engine has to do some work on acceleration, but it can get to speed very well. After a few months, I've found that the vehicle exceeds the given EPA range for fuel mileage, which is excellent for this class of vehicle. If you like the Spectra but want more headroom, you won't go wrong considering the Sportage.

very enjoyable automobile

by from MN on January 2, 2012

Excellent transport for our situation in MN. Very sure footed, comfy, good ride, attractive, everything works together nicely. The V-6 for this year(2008) gets less gas mileage than later models. We like it.

Great value!

by from Smithfield, RI on July 31, 2008

I'm a "value" type of person and have never regretted buying this vehicle. Just approaching 3 years old and 40,000 miles, my only expense to date has been 2 burned out bulbs with the dealer replacement cost at $25 each. I bought the vehicle on 10/2005 and have gone thru 3 uneventful NE winters. This is the EX V6 automatic model with 4x4. Who needs luxury? Last winter, I remember going around a stuck Mercedes with all 4 of its wheels spinning. Average city/hwy mileage is low 20 according to the trip computer. Mileage is better in summer because of the way they formulate the gasoline. Sounds crazy but I love the way the sun visors slide over to keep the sun out of your face. This feature actually put the deal over for me. Again, don't look for luxury here, just a very nice affordable, common sense vehicle with style and good handling.

First New Car I have ever purchased

by from Fort Wayne, IN on November 9, 2008

I bought my 2008 Sportage EX new with 11 miles on the odometer. I love this new truck! It is perfect for my busy, active urban-rural lifestyle. I work and go to school in the city, but travel to the country whenever possible for play and weekends. The passing speed isn't sluggish like they say, however if you are at highway speeds the 6cyl will fire up the RPMs to increase speed, but it has it when it needs it. All interior comforts are wonderful for a spartan SUV. Stock CD player is great, my cloth interior is very stylish and durable. It handles a heck of a lot better than you think it does when you are driving it. LIke I said I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

I love this Kia!!

by from Ft. Collins, CO on February 18, 2008

This Kia is awesome!! When I pass other vehicles, its not sluggish at all. You get a great car for a modest price. This is my 4th Kia and I have not had any problems whatsoever.

Most Reliable car I have ever owned!

by from Parrish Fl on May 16, 2014

Bought my Sportage new in 2008. Not one problem. Did buy new tires and battery. Will drive my Kia forever!

BEST PRICE BEST WARRANTY BETTER THAN DOMESTICS

by from DALLAS,TX on March 4, 2008

I LOOKED AT ALL THE COMPETITION - WITH THE STANDARD SAFETY OPTIONS AND THE QUALITY INTERIOR - NOTHING REALLY CAME CLOSE - GOT A FAILY LOADED LX FOR 17,080 - JUST WISH IT HAD SIRIUS RADIO

Great buy!

by from illinois on May 15, 2008

I bought my 2008 Sportage new and I love it. The inside is great, I just wish it had a bigger armrest. It handles fantastic! I have the V6 2WD and have no problems accelerating,passing or merging. I get good gas mileage and just plain love my little SUV. It has the nice feature of fold flat back seats which I have utilized on many occasions. This vehicle is a great buy for the money!

LIKE IT

by from COLUMBUS, OHIO on January 20, 2013

HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR SO FAR. EASY SEAT MOVEMENT. BACK SEATS LAY DOWN EASY AND FLAT. EASY 1 BUTTON INTO 4 WHEEL DRIVE! SITS UP EASY TO GET IN AND OUT. NICE CAR!

Our Expert Review: 2008 Kia Sportage