Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 20 reviews

Best vehicle I've ever had

by from Springfield, MI on April 30, 2009

I bought this vehicle in January with only 41 miles on the odometer, and over 7,000 miles later the vehicle still handles very well. Granted, the I4 engine has to do some work on acceleration, but it can get to speed very well. After a few months, I've found that the vehicle exceeds the given EPA range for fuel mileage, which is excellent for this class of vehicle. If you like the Spectra but want more headroom, you won't go wrong considering the Sportage.

2008 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD

by from Tarrytown, NY on January 14, 2012

I had the 2001 model and owned it for nearly 10 years. When it came time to purchase a new car I bought a 'used' 2008 Sportage with just over 10K miles on it. This SUV is awesome and looks great!! Other then the gas mileage, I have been very happy with my choice. The Kia nameplate gets allot of negative press but I noticed that when it comes to owner reviews, it does better then the Honda CR-V and the Toyota Rav 4. Just look for yourself, if you don't believe me. There is PLENTY of cargo room and it handles great in the snow. I plan on enjoying this Sportage as long as I enjoyed the last one. See you again in 2020 when I purchase my next Kia.

very enjoyable automobile

by from MN on January 2, 2012

Excellent transport for our situation in MN. Very sure footed, comfy, good ride, attractive, everything works together nicely. The V-6 for this year(2008) gets less gas mileage than later models. We like it.

First New Car I have ever purchased

by from Fort Wayne, IN on November 9, 2008

I bought my 2008 Sportage EX new with 11 miles on the odometer. I love this new truck! It is perfect for my busy, active urban-rural lifestyle. I work and go to school in the city, but travel to the country whenever possible for play and weekends. The passing speed isn't sluggish like they say, however if you are at highway speeds the 6cyl will fire up the RPMs to increase speed, but it has it when it needs it. All interior comforts are wonderful for a spartan SUV. Stock CD player is great, my cloth interior is very stylish and durable. It handles a heck of a lot better than you think it does when you are driving it. LIke I said I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Great value!

by from Smithfield, RI on July 31, 2008

I'm a "value" type of person and have never regretted buying this vehicle. Just approaching 3 years old and 40,000 miles, my only expense to date has been 2 burned out bulbs with the dealer replacement cost at $25 each. I bought the vehicle on 10/2005 and have gone thru 3 uneventful NE winters. This is the EX V6 automatic model with 4x4. Who needs luxury? Last winter, I remember going around a stuck Mercedes with all 4 of its wheels spinning. Average city/hwy mileage is low 20 according to the trip computer. Mileage is better in summer because of the way they formulate the gasoline. Sounds crazy but I love the way the sun visors slide over to keep the sun out of your face. This feature actually put the deal over for me. Again, don't look for luxury here, just a very nice affordable, common sense vehicle with style and good handling.

LIKE IT

by from COLUMBUS, OHIO on January 20, 2013

HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR SO FAR. EASY SEAT MOVEMENT. BACK SEATS LAY DOWN EASY AND FLAT. EASY 1 BUTTON INTO 4 WHEEL DRIVE! SITS UP EASY TO GET IN AND OUT. NICE CAR!

Most pleasant and roomy car

by from Chicoutimi, Qc, Canada on April 29, 2008

I purchased a 2008 2 wheel front drive automatic transmission 4 cylinder engine Sportage in november 2007. I owned this car for the last 5 months. Under very difficult climatic conditions composed of snow, icy roads and very low temperature conditions with winter tires slow driving speeds in a very hilly town conditions my 2008 Sportage performed very well. First 6000 km under these conditions showed high gas consumptions of 14 litres per 100 Km but as summer time finally arrived, gas consumption fell off wel under 10 litres/100 kilometres with summer tire and higher continuous operating speed. On highways, I usually drive at 95 km max speed to save gas and enjoy driving. The only weak point were the mud-stop. One broke- off due to accumulated thick ice and was repalced at a price of 24 canadian dollars. Also, the underwing was broke off due to accumulated icing conditions and also due to contact with accumulated snow bank. Parts availability such as the mud stop and similar spare parts seems to be fair as it took 2 weeks to get the mud stop delivered to dealer. What about more critical parts? I asked the maintenance personnel about spare parts availability. They answered that Kia dealers maintains the most critical parts at their local supply while other parts must be speciallay ordered. Does any body has any comments about KIA spare parts availability in Canada for recent vehicles from 2004-2008? ? As the engine reached the 6000 km mark in April 2008 car engine performance and acceleration rose sharply. Acceleration is strong and stable without any annoying or hesitation noise, absence of any vibration or hesitation. Car maintenance # 1 was performed as expected in april as well as tire changes to summer tires which allowed the car to a marked reduction in gas consumption. Overall, i would recommend this VU as an excellent purchase considering the price, extended options, interior and exterior car design and look, gas consumption as well as operating performance and accelelration and riding stability. Radio is excellent.

Great buy!

by from illinois on May 15, 2008

I bought my 2008 Sportage new and I love it. The inside is great, I just wish it had a bigger armrest. It handles fantastic! I have the V6 2WD and have no problems accelerating,passing or merging. I get good gas mileage and just plain love my little SUV. It has the nice feature of fold flat back seats which I have utilized on many occasions. This vehicle is a great buy for the money!

BEST PRICE BEST WARRANTY BETTER THAN DOMESTICS

by from DALLAS,TX on March 4, 2008

I LOOKED AT ALL THE COMPETITION - WITH THE STANDARD SAFETY OPTIONS AND THE QUALITY INTERIOR - NOTHING REALLY CAME CLOSE - GOT A FAILY LOADED LX FOR 17,080 - JUST WISH IT HAD SIRIUS RADIO

I love this Kia!!

by from Ft. Collins, CO on February 18, 2008

This Kia is awesome!! When I pass other vehicles, its not sluggish at all. You get a great car for a modest price. This is my 4th Kia and I have not had any problems whatsoever.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Kia Sportage