NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Sportage

2014 Kia Sportage

2014 Kia Sportage

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Kia Sportage?

UPDATE. Be carefully with this SUV

by YBR from Florida on Wed Dec 21 2016

My opinion about this car has changed since my previous review. Over 20000 miles, this car began to present a problem with the transmission, which is very disengaging, in such a new car. The problem was that sometimes I stopped the car in a stop sign or a light, and when I tried to move it again, I accelerated, but the car barely moved, after about 30-40 seconds, I could feel like a blow or jolt and then the transmission responded and the car start to move normally again. After reporting the problem 3 times on Kia dealers, they finally replaced the transmission. I do not know if it was bad luck or low quality Kia, but I definitely choose to replace this car with another make and model; and at this point I recommend a lot of caution to all buyers who are considering buying a Kia.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car that can handle big men

by Keys man from Fort Lauderdale on Mon Aug 11 2014

Love my new KIA sportage. Every day I discover something new. The speech command is great for making basic calls and radio choices. Pressing your Siri button will do everything else! The light accents around the cup holders and other items are just cool. Speed is great - excellent pickup and great turn radius. On top of all the it has cool led light on the front and back ... But the best part... I'm 6'3" and after getting everything just right I still had room to push the seat back. Plus it just feels great to drive - feels solid.

Fun car

by Tony Slow from Seattle,WA on Sun Jun 22 2014

We like our new KIA. It looks good and feels good to drive. Easy to get in & out of. It has many features & the location of the command buttons is convenient. It would be nice to have a video to explain all the functions and how to use them. Like the 3 steering selections and the option to shift with the auto Transmission. It's peppy and comfortable. Great brakes! Love the Warrantee. Tony Slow

Love it

by proudofmykia from Alabama on Tue Apr 21 2015

love the style of the 2014 body! It looks mean! The rims are so up to date. So roomy inside. The only improvements I see that could be made are the material the inside door panels are made of, easy to scratch, and too much road noise. Would love to have one just like the 2014 w/o road noise!

My new vehicle

by Randy from Phoenix, AZ on Mon Mar 31 2014

Really comfortable for the driver and the passengers. Great gas mileage and not bad looking. I hate car dealers, but went through the Costco car buying service and got a pretty good price without the hassle of negotiating.

Buy mine on January and is awesome

by Ammx from Miami on Fri Jun 27 2014

i'm not a Hyundai fan, but in this moment i'm a Kia fan Lots of power, gadgets, , convenient Price, roomly, , is bigger than it looks, , in fact , i'm happy with this mini suv. I'm a f150 owner and i prefeer to drive this toy

Sportage Makes me feel safe and secure.

by Luckybaz from Castle Rock, CO on Mon Feb 03 2014

I had a Kia Soul which I loved, traded it in for the Sportage since I needed an AWD vehicle in the Colorado weather, have had the snow experience the last couple of weeks and I now feel like I have control of the vehicle in snowy weather. So happy with all the enhanced features (bluetooth, radio via my smart phone) my Soul had but better! Would recommend this car to family and friends!

Awesome design of this car sold me

by Pauly from Los Angeles, CA on Wed Mar 21 2018

I have been driving the 2014 Sportage EX with premium package model and overall design of this vehicle is amazing. With huge 18 inch alloy wheels and panoramic moon roof, this car looks great outside. The engine though is not as sporty as it looks. The four-cylinder engine is not as lively as I wanted to be and is somewhat feel numb driving around with slower accaleration with lack of power for sportiness. Handling is decent considering that it's a high profile SUV. the direct injecting engine indeed is noisy and Kia's cabin is the same. You hear lot of engine and road noise when driving. But other than that, this car performs well overall and does what it's supposed to do. Interior is nicely appointed and laid out with full option such as heated / cooled leather seat, touch screen navigation, back up camera and many many more standard options which you can't find on comparably priced suv in this segment. At close to 50k miles on this car, it still drives and looks new and I plan to keep driving for a long years to come.

Best road car I've ever owned!

by DriverBill from Discovery Bay, CA on Sun Sep 15 2019

This Kia Sportage was a nice surprise. We bought it for the small size and low price, thinking it would be just a runabout for local trips. We have owned much bigger and more expensive cars, but this Kia beats them all for long distance serious road trips. The ride is firm and stable, the seats give good support and don't wear you down, and the AWD tracks through corners like the car is on rails. A newer Camry we traded in recently was a back-killer on long trips, as was a big plush Chrysler many years ago and many other expensive cars over the years. Hats off to Kia for this terrific little car!

This SUV is wonderful.

by NELLA76 from Cincinnati on Tue Apr 16 2019

I own a 2014 kia Sportage 2014 LX AWD V6. Its a good value for my money. It is solidly built, noise, and smooth. I replace the factory tires for Pirelli tires made a big difference in noise and handling. It's just the right size, has very comfortable seats. On my first 500+ mile trip, I averaged 22.5 mpg. Winter driving is good for 3-4 inches of snow any deeper you may be in trouble. Good in rain. The AWD is Good. I wish it was more capable. No off road adventure, mud, rocks, deep water, etc. City driving good. Loading room is good.

1 2 3 4 5 6