2014 Sportage

2014 Kia Sportage

2014 Kia Sportage

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Kia Sportage?

Overall a good car.

by wfyoung1999 from Shelbyville, Kentucky on Fri Feb 10 2017

I just purchased a 2014 KIA Sportge. It hd just a little over 27,000 miles on it. Overall, I do like this car. It's comfortable and fun to drive. I do thing it's underpowered and seem to struggle to get up to highway speed. But, once it gets there, it does fine. Getting into the car can be somewhat of a challenge. The way the car's bod slopes; I keep bumbling, my head when entering and exiting the car. It is roomy inside and I love the styling. It is terrible on gas millage. I just didn't see why it can't do better on it's mpg. Also, the engine is a little noisy when you are outside of the car and it's running. I don't notice it when I'm inside the car. I do like the KIA brand. I also own a KIA Soul that continues to be a great car. My wife has taken it over and loves it. Also, the service at my dealership is super and is one of the reasons I bought mother KIA. KIA could address some of the negatives of this car and would have a great seller on it's hands.

UPDATE. Be carefully with this SUV

by YBR from Florida on Wed Dec 21 2016

My opinion about this car has changed since my previous review. Over 20000 miles, this car began to present a problem with the transmission, which is very disengaging, in such a new car. The problem was that sometimes I stopped the car in a stop sign or a light, and when I tried to move it again, I accelerated, but the car barely moved, after about 30-40 seconds, I could feel like a blow or jolt and then the transmission responded and the car start to move normally again. After reporting the problem 3 times on Kia dealers, they finally replaced the transmission. I do not know if it was bad luck or low quality Kia, but I definitely choose to replace this car with another make and model; and at this point I recommend a lot of caution to all buyers who are considering buying a Kia.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car that can handle big men

by Keys man from Fort Lauderdale on Mon Aug 11 2014

Love my new KIA sportage. Every day I discover something new. The speech command is great for making basic calls and radio choices. Pressing your Siri button will do everything else! The light accents around the cup holders and other items are just cool. Speed is great - excellent pickup and great turn radius. On top of all the it has cool led light on the front and back ... But the best part... I'm 6'3" and after getting everything just right I still had room to push the seat back. Plus it just feels great to drive - feels solid.

Love it

by proudofmykia from Alabama on Tue Apr 21 2015

love the style of the 2014 body! It looks mean! The rims are so up to date. So roomy inside. The only improvements I see that could be made are the material the inside door panels are made of, easy to scratch, and too much road noise. Would love to have one just like the 2014 w/o road noise!

Fun car

by Tony Slow from Seattle,WA on Sun Jun 22 2014

We like our new KIA. It looks good and feels good to drive. Easy to get in & out of. It has many features & the location of the command buttons is convenient. It would be nice to have a video to explain all the functions and how to use them. Like the 3 steering selections and the option to shift with the auto Transmission. It's peppy and comfortable. Great brakes! Love the Warrantee. Tony Slow

Buy mine on January and is awesome

by Ammx from Miami on Fri Jun 27 2014

i'm not a Hyundai fan, but in this moment i'm a Kia fan Lots of power, gadgets, , convenient Price, roomly, , is bigger than it looks, , in fact , i'm happy with this mini suv. I'm a f150 owner and i prefeer to drive this toy

My new vehicle

by Randy from Phoenix, AZ on Mon Mar 31 2014

Really comfortable for the driver and the passengers. Great gas mileage and not bad looking. I hate car dealers, but went through the Costco car buying service and got a pretty good price without the hassle of negotiating.

Great value for money

by FS on Mon Dec 18 2017

Finally I have decided to write a review... Honestly reviews helped me a lot to make a choice and i feel kind of obligated to write up mine as I'm sure there are lots of people who this review could be useful. I bought mine back in December 2014 from salon a brand new one. I owe it for 3 years now and i did not have a single day to regret my purchase. Firstly, in cars i was always looking for few things (i'm not type of guy who loves supercars - honestly if i can't use it for purpose, why do i need Bugatti or Ferrari, and i do not have such money to afford it:)). These things are: reliability, comfort and price/value for money. Kia Sportage i can say now is very much satisfying in those items. The car is equipped with all it is needed. For example if in Japanese cars glasses case would cost you several hundreds bucks in Kia it is included in basic model. Overall, I think Korean cars have got much more functionalities than in Japanese (i bring Japanese up because my previous car was Nissan). Reliability - no complains. it does drive smoothly, no major maintenance needed (apart from regular engine oil change). Spare parts are of tolerable price (cheaper than Japanese and I'm sure German). I drove car in different road conditions and on some rough roads and it never failed me down or left on the road. Inner space is just enough for 4 people sit comfortable (including a driver). 3 people at the back seat would be not so tied. So, i would easily go for 5 people. Engine noise ( I have 2.0 l Gasoline) - barely noticeable. Secondly I was targeting cars which could be used in town roads as well as in suburban areas where roads can be not so well maintained and rough at the places. And Sportage is well behaved here. It has got just enough clearance to overcome road bumps and rough surfaces (to some degree of roughness). During a winter time I was worried that this will be something similar to sedan cars. But NO!!! it has got 4WD and control on the snow is great. Car does not swing and keeps control on icy road well with switched on 4WD. Thirdly i was looking a car which could be a family car. And in this case Kia Sportage has satisfied me with the requirements. Luggage area is not so big, but you can still fit 3 mid size suitcases, and put few bags on top. Legroom space is sufficient nor normal size passengers. Drives smoothly and soft suspension - when you go over road bumps it is not punchy! Now the negatives: Head room is not big. My first few attempts to get into the car were ending head hit.... And when you sit inside the car, you can feel roof very close. Simple seat height adjustment could help to ease this problem. When you go out of the car you are likely to make your trousers legs dirty as it touches bottom line of the sides. I used to clean my trousers especially when it is rainy or snowy weather outside... This is something not so important but annoying. Plastic inside is not top quality - but HEY this is still budget car and it is of good quality - they made a great progress in compare with previous releases. Overall, good reliable and nice car. Value for money!

So far, so good

by Little Red from western NY on Sun Mar 16 2014

I haven't put many miles on my new Sportage however I had to go on an ambulance call during the "blizzard of 14" and the 4 wheel drive enabled me to get where I needed to go safely. I have driven 4x4 vehicles for many years and was happy to find a new one with the warranty that it has. If you need reliability for the weather give this a try.

Sportage Makes me feel safe and secure.

by Luckybaz from Castle Rock, CO on Mon Feb 03 2014

I had a Kia Soul which I loved, traded it in for the Sportage since I needed an AWD vehicle in the Colorado weather, have had the snow experience the last couple of weeks and I now feel like I have control of the vehicle in snowy weather. So happy with all the enhanced features (bluetooth, radio via my smart phone) my Soul had but better! Would recommend this car to family and friends!

1 2 3 4 5