2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque consumer reviews

$41,800 starting MSRP
side view of 2017 Range Rover Evoque Land Rover
Explore the 2017 Range Rover Evoque Land Rover
Shop the 2017 Range Rover Evoque Land Rover

Great Car: Beautiful Interior & Exterior,...

Good Performance. Lots of attention obviously taken to the detail of the vehicle, as it is beautiful inside and out. Not too crazy in interior options, and most currently features are located using some common sense. This is my second LR vehicle, and I've been fortunate in that both cars have been extremely reliable. I feel safe when driving too. Only complaint is my visibility when checking blind spots.

2.6

Multiple Repairs Worrisome

Purchased a 2017 model in 2019 with approx 25K KM’s. I am 8 Months in and have required major engine and transmission repairs. With advancing technology, I thought reliability issues were a “thing of the past.” Not true with the Range Rover Evoque.

This is my dream car! I love it and it’s perfect!

This is a perfect vehicle for my husband and me. Our children are grown and we have another larger vehicle for family. Many reviews we read was in regards to the Evoque being too small. Could not disagree more. Plenty of head room. Plenty of driver and passenger room as well. It’s an elegant, first class car and we love it!

4.4

One of my most fav driving vehicles to date...

I leased my 2017 Evoque SE as "new" in 2018 with 5500 miles. Local dealer sells their service loaners as "new" with CPO warranty. To date I have driven almost 18k miles, both as long 1500+ mile trips as well as around town. And enjoyed driving every trip and mile. My biggest "issue" was while on a trip after I went for a swim in Lake Tahoe with the remote fob in my pocket. Don't do that; it's not waterproof. Fortunately just had to replace battery, and I was on my way again. What I have been most disappointed with is the service work performed by the LR dealer shops. First local LR shop in downtown SLC UT, after performing some coolant system work, left the cap off the reserve tank, which is pressurized to about 15 psi. Another local LR shop left me a big grease smudge on my headliner near the visor. But all things considered, my almost two years and 18k miles with this vehicle have been enjoyable. So with my lease nearly ending, I went in and test drove a 2020 Evoque SE Dynamic. Big difference and changes here in Gen2, mostly the analog to digital ones, that weren't all that good for me. Plus the 2020 drove like it had been neutered, that is, more isolated from the road. Which may be good, but when those 20 inch wheels hit some abrupt roughness in the road, I felt it more than I would have in my 2017. So now my trilemma...do I buy my leased 2017, just turn it back in and walk away, or do I go for the 2020 knowing that there will be some regrets ???

4.4

Fun, Stylish, Great!

This car hasn't given us any trouble in the 3 years we've owned it. It's fun to drive, very comfortable, good on gas, and looks great! Range Rover doesn't sell them anymore, so if you find one it's a good, rare buy!

Hooked at first sight... like a dream

THis car simply melted my heart. From the moment I saw it, love at first sight. It has style out of this world. I can't stop looking at it. Once I saw the convertible evoque I was hooked. I no longer wanted to look at another vehicle. The interior feels so nice and it drives like a dream. The steering wheel feels like a familiar glove. The In Control Touch Pro is cool. YOu don't miss your cell phone... has same features (including most of your apps). I also love the Remote App. It's fun to explore.

1.7

THE WORST CAR WE HAVE EVER OWNED

THIS IS THE WORST CAR WE HAVE EVER PURCHASED! OUR LAND ROVER EVOQUE IS 5 YEARS OLD AND WE HAVE REPLACED ALMOST EVERYTHING ON IT, BEGINNING IN THE 1st YEAR OF OWNERSHIP. WE JUST TOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND WE ARE NOW FACED WITH 10K TO FIX IT, ON TOP OF THE $1000's of DOLLARS WE HAVE ALREADY SPENT IN 5 YEARS. IT IS A SERIOUS MONEY PIT AND WHEN IT"S OUT OF WARRANTY WATCH OUT. LAND ROVER DID LITTLE TO HELP ALLEVIATE THE COST OF FIXING THE CAR THEY ONLY WROTE OFF ONE REPAIR. THE REST WE PAID FOR. SAVE YOURSELF MONEY & LOOK AT OTHER CARS. WE SPENT OVER $20K TO FIX IT OVER THE YEARS, AND CAN"T EVEN TRADE IT IN BECAUSE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON, AND IT WOULD COST 10K TO FIX THE ISSUES. ITS NOTHING MORE THAN SCRAP METAL.

Very sporty & nice car inside and outside...

It is a very sporty and nice vehicle with the entire roof being from glass which provides a phenomenal view at nights. Drives super smooth and is a pretty powerful car.

2.1

Just a good looking car. That's it!

This car caught my eye when I was shopping for a BMW. I decided to purchase one mainly because I was crazy about the look and had no idea what awaits me... During the last 3 years it has been in and out of the dealership for various issues. Luckily most issues were covered under the manufacture warranty. The last one, however, was not. My Evoque's starter failed at 41K and along with it the starter cable went out. The costs to repair? $3500! This car is crappy as hell. It's not just repair and maintenance costs that bugs me, it is the overall performance. I cannot believe that a $50K car cannot even meet the comfort level that Honda and Toyota offer with cars that go at least for $25K less. It's a shame.

2.4

Buyer Beware. You will regret it.

Let me start by saying I’ve never owned a car with this many problems. I really should’ve done my research but just naturally thought Land Rover was a reliable brand. I was wrong. This car has been in and out of the dealer mode days than I’ve had it myself. All sorts of issues, hesitation issues, parking break module failed, remote start didn’t work, rattling noise from exhaust. Eventually the icing on the cake came along and the engine seized on me last month in my 17 Evoque with 40k miles at the time. It was in the dealer for 6 weeks and Land Rover was initially fighting me saying it was something I did to cause it, like not maintaining it. Which is completely not true. Had to get a lawyer. The car was under full warranty still. They wound up replacing the entire engine. It cost Land Rover corporate $15k in repairs, as that’s what the dealer was reimbursed by them. I’m going to get rid of the car ASAP before the warranty runs out. DO YOUR RESEARCH! These problems are all over the Internet. Don’t be like me and think Land Rover is reliable because it’s expensive.