Model Details

2013 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Reviews

Average based on 41 reviews

Nicest Hybrid Sedan on the Market

by from Providence, RI on August 31, 2012

This car is loaded with technology and the new styling is amazing. The 3 drive modes allow both hybrid enthusiasts to achieve over 40mpg and sports car enthusiasts to have power when they want it. The exterior styling was completely redone and is a major improvement on the old outdated look of the previous ES. The heated steering wheel works well, but only heats at the "10 and 2" position on the wheel. The remote touch controller makes it easy to control every aspect of the car without reaching or searching for buttons. The rear seats have more legroom than any other sedan or SUV i have ever sat in. The cooled seats are great for hot, sunny days, as well as the power rear sun shade. The cost might be high, but if you want a luxury hybrid that isn't a hatchback, this is the way to go!

Excellent driving car full of comfort and features

by from Tucson Arizona on January 8, 2013

Replaced 09 Camry Hybrid with 13 300h Lexus. The cars could not be more different in comfort quietness and features. The Lexus makes our 09 Porsche 911 seem really old with all the added safety features. My wife really appreciated the back uo camera, forward , side and rear parking assist devices. The complicated joystick control is nice, but really not necessary. Voice recognition software is much improved, but far from perfect. Overall a 4.5 star car in all respects.

A CLASS CAR WITH GREAT FUEL ECONMY

by from Cave creek, az. on September 4, 2012

The car is eye appealing, rides smooth and quiet. Handels great, and so far 40 + mpg. I think i've made a good choyce.

ES300H Luxes

by from Blauvelt ny 10913 on September 11, 2012

Just bought the ES 300H so far so good more comfortable than other Hybrid. The price is out of my budget but I like it for my comfort and rising gas price. A lot of features for that car.

Snow Machine

by from Cincinnati, OH on January 8, 2013

I usually never comment on here, but I had an experience that I couldn't help but sharing in my new ES 300h. This comment is for those in the north or mountains who are considering the ES. Bought the ES in November 2012 and absolutely love it. I took a trip over the holidays to Snowshoe Ski Resort in Showshoe, WV. 4 hours of driving through 2-3" of snow on a thick layer of ice on the backroads of WV up mountains my wife would be scared to drive on during the summer. The ES handled like a dream, only spinning occasionally, while I couldn't even count how many 2x4's & 4x4's we passed in the ditch or pulled off to the side of the road. Growing up in WV, I understood the significance of what I had just been through. We contacted the dealership to let them know just how well this car handles in the snow. Honestly, I was almost speechless. I have much experience driving in the snow and they say the driver is 30%, wheels 30% and car 40%, but when it comes to the car...I without a doubt would say this car handles better in snow than any vehicle I have ever been in or have driven in my life. On another note, as my wife is the main driver, she absolutely loves the BSM, bamboo trim, parking sensors and mouse guided audio/nav. Now go out and buy an ES...you won't regret it! Hope this story helps!

Just bought a Lexus ES300h

by from San Jose, CA on January 14, 2013

Here is what I think you should know: The car is very comfortable and luxurious on the inside and out. Realistically, you should expect gas mileage around 29-31 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. The claims of 40 mpg are unrealistic given my experience. I have gone to great lengths to use the Eco option and conserve fuel and have not gotten anything close to 40 mpg. The handling is good enough. After driving a BMW 528 for 14 years, the ES does not corner as well, not a tight turning radius. The tires tend to squeal. I have had it fishtail twice when accelerating at traffic lights. You trade comfort and average of 30mpg for handling. Contacted 3 dealers and could only get a price of $1700 below invoice as they did not have much inventory on hand.

Best car I've owned

by from Massachusetts on January 9, 2013

My wife's car got totaled and living in a snow state she wanted to replace it with another 4x4 SUV. We were looking at the RX, but the Dealership had a 2013 ES300 to show off. She fell in love with it, as did I. We ordered a ES300h, we wanted the better gas mileage. This is the perfect car. It does perform in "Sport" mode when you dial it up. The ride and handling are superior to anything else I have ever driven. Yes, it is not a tiny bumpy sports car, but I am past the age for that stuff. I love to drive this car, it is fun, comfortable and roomy to boot. My kids always want to borrow it so they can drive it around in "Sport" mode with their friends. The controls are easy to use. Driving this car is a blast!

Buy One

by from Balitimore, Md. on November 11, 2012

This is one of the best vehicles that I have ever driven not to mention the Gas Mileage with this Hybrid model. I managed to get around 625 miles on the first full tank of gas. Personally I think that everyone should have a Hybrid Vehicle. It gives off less feul emmissions than a regular gas engine vehicle. This vehicle will save you lots of money at the Gas Station not to mention that you get a Tax break when you do your taxes.

The prettiest car and the redish car I ever owned

by from Baltimore on November 27, 2012

I am still getting the hang of this car. I love the interior and accessories and the best cup holder, very important.

ES300H is a good start

by from Fort Lauderdale, FL on January 3, 2013

Finally Lexus has come out with the first truly luxury Hybrid. I've been driving mine for about two weeks and my gas mileage has averaged 40mph, so they are spot on with the MPG claim. The car drives and handles like a Lexus and has many bells and whistles, but falls a bit short in a few areas. 1. The care is not as quiet as I would expect from a Lexus. Perhaps they had to reduce the padding to keep the weight down, but I hear much more wind and road noise than I would like 2. It is difficult to hear a caller on the hands free system. The mic could use some improvement or perhaps it's due the road and wind noise interference. 3. Finally, the driver seat is not as comfortable as one would expect from a Lexus.