2004 Lexus Gx 470

Great vehicle

by on September 8, 2017

This vehicle held its value much better than most. 3rd row vehicle that is roomy enough but not impossible to park...,

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Oldie but goodie

by from Sarasota,FL on September 5, 2017

Exterior design is a bit off in my taste but ride and build quality are strongest points. I wish to have more than five gears.. If you fan of japanese cars and you don't like 2010+ flimsy design and state of urgency feeling you might consider this SUV.
Not Rated Reliability

Most amazing car I have ever bought

by from Minneapolis MN on August 19, 2017

The way the 2004 Lexus gx470 works is that it has a modern yet classic look to it and a tough 4.7 V8 engine makes the car, one of the best cars out there, I never once had a problem with it, I currently own a 2014 Lexus rx350 and would rather have my gx470 back.

Amazing SUV

by from Glen cove NY on May 21, 2017

Loved my lexus, it was comfy, reliable, did 15 MPG city, 21 hwy. great car, i would recommend that car to anyone who is looking for SUV with V8 and reliable

Luv My GX 470-no doubt a excellent automobile

by from Hermiston, OR on February 24, 2017

To start with, this is an automobile-not a car-a car is just that-something that provides transportation-an automobile is a luxury experience. 183K and has only had timing belt and water pump replaced along with new plugs & serpentine belt At 90K intervals-converted differentials and transfer case with synthetics and on 2nd set of brakes. i'm surprised about reviews complaining about performance-considering the weight of this auto and the small displacement of the engine 4.7 liter-about 280 c.i.-it has all the power needed-if you're looking for "high performance" buy a corvette -Pros-classic styling, superior ride, longevity, superior build, no sqweeks or rattles after 183k miles-doors close with gentle push-quiet ride-reliably -excellent in snow-I could go on and on-Cons-missing some of the bells & whistles the newer models offer-paint on wheels starting to peel-I also own a 96 4-runner with a V-6 and they both get 19-21 MPG--It's had synthetic lubricants since new and I anticipate this auto to last 275-300K before any major repairs-this GX470 is superb-

One heck of a good car!

by from Chattanooga, TN on February 3, 2016

I bought this 04 in 2013 with 119,000 miles, new tires and a fresh timing belt/water pump. I immediately drove it from Cincinnati to North Dakota and used it as a work truck extensively in the oil fields for approximately 2 years. It never gave me a bit of trouble even when the temps dropped to -40. It now has 165,000 on it and I still enjoy driving it every time I get in it. My only complaints are the archaic nav system, lack of bluetooth and the seatbelt that won't fully retract when I get out. I suppose after almost 14 years it might need to be replaced.

Great Vehicle

by from San Diego CA on May 25, 2015

I doubt you will find a more reliable vehicle on the market. We have been very impressed with ours. Pros: Great ride. Smooth, elegant and classy. 150,000 miles and counting and it still drives like new. We have never replaced anything other than normal wear and tear items like tires and brakes. A true mid-size SUV that will carry 5 adults comfortably, plus three more uncomfortably in the removable third row seats. Cons: Cup holders are too shallow (yes I know it's petty but it bothers me). Not available in 2wd. Rear captains chairs not an option.

2004 Lexus gx 470 M&F auto sales coors

by from Gallup on November 3, 2014

The staff was helpfull in all aspects of our experience today! We are happy with our purchase and will definately refer our friends and family to Lenny Lopez at M&F auto sales on coors.

Great SUV

by from Virginia on March 31, 2013

I bought my 04 GX used with 84K. It was a one owner truck that was maintained by Lexus. As expected with age and miles I performed a few needed repairs but nothing major. The 90k service for the timing belt cost $900.00 at the local Toyota dealership. This included replacement of the water pump. I would recommend this vehicle and the quality and reliability is excellent.

The GX is one of the best vehicles out there.

by from Mandeville LA on April 23, 2012

No big story here. This is the suv of suv's. The 04 was a great year, reliability off the charts, good power, great features. Only reccomended suggestion: The 05 has a better nav and Bluetooth built in.