1999 Lexus Rx 300

Superb performance and low maintenance SUV.

by on September 7, 2017

It's the best SUV I've owned. Light to drive, good and comfortable riding and very low maintenance. It's a great family vehicle.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

This car turned out to be more than I expected!

by from Richmond, Virginia on August 17, 2017

This car has plenty of leg room. Lots of features inside and out and it was a base model . Very reliable. Great on gas mileage.

good little car

by from Tucson, AZ on July 28, 2017

I liked the RX 300. It was I good vehicle for a small family. I would recommend a newer one though, or one with fewer miles on it. After 200000 miles the transmission gets rough.

Reliable Luxury

by from Durham, NC on July 26, 2017

This car was a great small-to-mid sized SUV that combined comfort and style with functionality and reliability. During the four years that I owned this car, there were few major repairs and I was able to make several thousand-mile trips in comfort. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Will always own a Lexus

by from Telford PA on July 13, 2017

Love it! Very reliable. Repairs are inexpensive. Very comfortable. Beyond luxury Amazing features

The great entry into the small SUV market by Lexus

by from Lewisville, TX on July 10, 2017

I have owned the Lexus RX 300 for close to 10 years. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. The only downside is the engine is not the as powerful as I would expect in a Lexus. It downshifts whenever I push it, either up a hill or to pass.

Most reliable car I ever owned.

by from Bethesda, MD on May 31, 2017

Loved the RX300 body shape. Really a great car for hauling construction material. Most comfortable SUV I ever owned. Great in snow. Interior was outstanding.

this is most reliable car. I love it .

by from Montgomery village, Maryland on May 28, 2017

This is a beautiful car. Meets all by needs. It is also reliable and easy to maintain. It is my dream car and fuel efficient. It is reliable in tropicai. West African country with hills, valleys and unpaved roads.

Overdrive issues and Misfiring

by from Franklin, wi on April 20, 2017

If it's misfiring in any way, it's in safe mode, which of course disables the overdrive. So now you've got to find someone who isn't going to lie to you about it needing a new transmission. Meanwhile most non-lexus repair shops don't even know how to open the hood latch without breaking the grill or damaging the windshield wiper armature. Known for transmission problems recalled in 2000 - 2002 models but lexus conveniently excluded the 1999's. Leather is weak, heated seats died at 120k, occasionally it drains the battery our of the blue, about twice a year. Holding down the lock and unlock simultaneously on the keyfob will roll driver window down permanently which requires the battery to be disconnected.

An amazing vehicle

by from T.N. on December 21, 2016

We bought our '99 RX300 over years ago. We bought it used from a transmission shop after it had been abandon by the previous owner. It had around a 180,000 miles and the transmission had been replaced. It has been the most reliable vehicle we have had to date. It is a daily driver. It has over 330,000 miles and is now showing engine wear. It has been such a great vehicle that we gambled and bought a high mileage '04 GX470 which is doing great as well. Highly impressed with the quality of the Lexus brand.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Lexus Rx 300