Model Details

4.1
Average based on 23 reviews

Nice SUV for relaxing drive

by from New York, NY on May 2, 2011

Bought this SUV 6 months ago as a CPO. Prior to this one had another 08 RX, which developed nasty rattles. This one is made in Japan (the only color of RX that is made in Japan: Brandywine mica...all other colors represent RX made in Canada)...big difference in built quality: solid feel, steering is more solid on center. I like almost everything in this car: many comfort features standard compared to other luxury brands, like auto-dimming side mirrors, cornering xenon lights... The pickup is great compared to the earlier versions (RX300 and RX330)...we also have an 01 RX300 with over 100K on it and it is still comfortable to drive, but the pickup on the RX350 is much improved, this car never feels underpowered. Fuel economy is very commendable for an AWD SUV with 3.5L V6: I get 18-19mpg average and up to 28mpg on highway only. What do I wish for this car to improve? Make rear-view camera standard, not only with the NAV system; have power-folding mirrors; better sounding base audio system (my 01 RX beats this one by a mile in sound quality (base audio as well). This is not a sports-oriented SUV like FX35 or a Porsche Cayenne, but the handling and ride is more than good enough for everyday driving (having owned Infiniti prior, it does handles better, but you can forget about 19mpg with spirited driving...more like 10-12mpg :-))

Meets all my expectations

by from Pontotoc MS on July 31, 2012

Family members who own Lexus sedans have driven them for years with minimal expense of repairs. The sedan sits too low for my husband. The RX350 is the right size for both of us. He is tall but fits well in the driver's seat. I am short but can still get into the vehicle without difficulty. We are happy with our 4-year-old Lexus. It is really like new. We like the rear view camera, the multi-climate control, the leg room in the rear seat, the cargo space. The performance overall of this vehicle is superb re engine, handling, city and highway driving.

08 Lexus RX350

by from College Station - Aggieland on September 18, 2010

Great car, and will enjoy for years. Mrs liked her Camry, even after the crash. Like a vehicle I can "walk" in to.

Overpriced underperformer

by from Edmonton, Alberta on July 13, 2007

I'm sorry I gave up my Chev trailblazer for this thing. I bought too soon. A longer test drive might have revealed lots of wind and road noise, numerous rattles, and really imprecise handling. You can't relax in the thing for a minute or its all over the road. I had wheel shimmy over 120 kph. The options are OK except for the voice command. It really doesn't recognize anything...especially at speed on the highway. The noise in the cabin seems to overwhelm it. All in all give this one a skip!

reliable but lil bit expensive for luxury

by from Dallas, TX on June 20, 2007

Overall I am satisfied with this vehicle!!! It is best designed SUV of the year . There are many competetors but no one is better than this.

Very smooth

by from on December 4, 2012

Great car! Purchased it with 70k miles on it and not one bit of trouble. Very smooth to drive and gets 22mpg. Just wish it had an iPod hook up for music.

Excellent Family SUV

by from Columbus, OH on December 28, 2010

This SUV is excellent for family hauling.....to me the best feature is the auto open/close of trunk with remote & the back-up camera makes reversing a breeze.

Lexus Paint waranty, buyer BEWARE!!

by from Sarasota, FL on June 14, 2012

For starters, I love my lexus and the service provided!! However, buyers beware of the paint warranty, they will tell you it covers everything, car door dings, etc. I brought my lexus in to use the warranty insurance (I paid around $800.00 for) and it doesn't cover much... Do not buy it!!! I just don't want this to happen to anyone else!! Do not go on what they say is covered, make them bring out the pamplet and read it together so you know what you are purchasing. Don't let them get you like they got me!!

Lexus 2008 RX 350

by from North Txas on March 17, 2010

My second RX. Wish I'd bought AWD instead of FWD. Only other things I would like are a more accurate and flexible NAV system and more storage capacity.

Posh is the Word

by from Florida on March 9, 2008

The Lexus RX 350 is simply the most luxurious of all SUVs in it's class. We are on our third one and, after shopping BMW, Infinity, and Acura for a luxury SUV, we keep coming back to the Lexus for the smoothness of ride and the feel of luxury you get in it's interior. It doesn't handle quite as well as the BMW but the ride is a bit softer, which we like. 0-60 acceleration for the 2009 model is listed at 7.3 seconds which I think is pretty good for this type of vehicle. The Porsche is faster and the infinity may be a bit faster too but, the Porsche is much more expensive and the infinity FX35 has a harsher ride. The interior, although well done, is not up to Lexus standards as far as quality of materials used. I like the size of the Lexus too. It's just right as a long distance cruiser but has the needed utility capability. Lexus reliability, resale value and customer service is the best I've found . This is one "posh" sport ute