2007 Lexus Rx 400 H

WONT OWN ANYTHING ELSE

by from on September 11, 2017

I WOULD RATE IT EXCELLENT ON EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE GAS MILEAGE. I GET 21/23, NOT 31/25 AS EPA SUGGESTED. I OWNED A LEXUS RX300 BEFORE THIS RX 400h.

Very reliable, high value, quiet, luxurious ride

by from San Diego, CA on August 3, 2017

Lexus reliability and quality with surprisingly higher performance than the gas version of RX. This is a great value for a luxury SUV. Quality features abound. Very quiet and comfortable ride. Excellent fit and finish. Drives and handles like a car but has great storage, especially when rear seats are folded down. This is a car that has a timeless look and drives effortlessness for a daily commute and for a longer trip.

Luxury AWD Hybrid

by on July 29, 2017

I loved this car for several reasons: 1) I bought it slightly used, so didn't pay its retail cost; 2) I was able to enjoy the best of my two worlds: light-colored comfortable leather interior for hot desert climate and AWD performance plowing easily through nearly 2 feet of fresh snow during a storm in the Sierras; 3) the ride was smooth. Comfortable & quiet; 4) the car hardly cost me anything to own and operate (though I only owned it to 89k miles); 5) I felt safe. 6) the car is a pretty SUV! What I found disappointing: a) the hybrid batteries are under the trunk (umm... where we'd store groceries and wet stuff!), and if they get water in/on them, becomes a fiasco: b) for a supposedly alternatively fueled (well, hybrid) vehicle, the mpg is lackluster: about 21 mpg; c) after driving Audis, I missed that type of handling, but most people will find the handling good.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Beautiful Machine

by on July 27, 2017

This car is gorgeous and reliable and everything you'd expect and more in a Lexus Vehicle. If you're thinking about a Lexus, don't think twice.

Book value of this Lexus is Telling

by from Miami on June 28, 2017

The SUV looked nice and drove nice, but once a code or light came on inside the car, the only way to clear it was take it to the dealership. For the value of the car versus needed maintenance, the car was not worth the purchase.

Very Reliable

by from Florida on June 21, 2017

Good space overall and great for a small family but the looks are not what your buying it for. The gas savings and reliability is what this SUV stands for!

I look forward to many more years with the RX 400h

by from Charlotte, NC on June 8, 2017

Overall this is a very good vehicle. It is reasonably comfortable, it is quiet, it rides well, it is reliable, has good safety equipment, has great headlights, gets good fuel mileage for a mid-sized SUV and has a reasonable amount of space for up to five passengers and their cargo. The fore-aft adjustable head-restraints are very nice and should be in every car. The negatives on the vehicle are that with higher miles it gets rattles in the cargo area, the black dashboard has horrible reflections in the windshield on sunny days, the dashboard cracks too easily, and the mileage at highway speeds drops well below EPA estimates. If the batteries ever do die in it, which they are still good at 163k miles and 11 years old now, they will be costly to replace. I would not buy this car, nor really any car, to be "eco friendly" since the manufacturing, disposal of the batteries and the burning of fuel is not necessarily good for the environment, although it is probably not as bad as many say; if you want environmentally friendly, ride a bicycle or walk. If you want decent mileage for a vehicle of this size, then it is a very good choice. There are some features that I would have expected but were not on the vehicle. The trip computer lacks some functions like distance to empty, gallons remaining and others that most of my other cars have had. There is no aux input for the radio. The ES330 of the same year had seat memory for the passenger side, but the RX does not. The RX also does not have cooled seats in 2006. The seats could use adjustable bolsters and height adjustable lumbar support for different size drivers to be more comfortable, especially on long trips or windy roads. Overall, the positives of the vehicle outweigh the negatives so it is still a car that I would purchase again. I look forward to many more years and miles owning our RX 400h.

Perfct vehicle

by from Greeley, CO on May 31, 2017

Very economical and safe to drive. This is my second RX and I'll get another when this one is due to be traded. Currently 170k miles and no problems. No problems with the battery either (supposed to perform for the 'lifetime' of the vehicle).

2007 Lexus RX 400h

by from Aston, PA on March 22, 2017

As advertised it is an eco friendly SUV with all the comforts associated with Lexus. I upgraded from a 2002 RX 300 that had 230k miles.Most of the things that things that I considered shortcomings in the RX 300 were addressed and improved with RX 400h: Better MPG, A little bigger-longer and wider, back up camera,navigation system, higher clearance for tailgate so I don't hit my head, integrated bluetooth, and radio controls on the steering wheel. It rides smooth and looks great. The only issue I had was that I had to replace the radiator due to a leak around 70K. The issue was found when they had to remove a part to change the oil for maintenance at the Lexus dealership, which leads me to believe the used car dealership was not honest when they told me the inspected the vehicle and changed the oil. But the Lexus Dealership I go to is top notch with free coffee and lounge area.

Saved my life

by from Western South Dakota on December 31, 2015

Last year I owned a 2007 RX350 and was in a very serious accident with it. Because of God, and this vehicle, I'm alive. The head airbags were crucial in me not being dead or severely brain damaged. Though I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, my granddaughter went home from the ER with her Dad. So, when it came time to replace my vehicle I decided on another...this time the RX400h was the most reasonably priced available to me. Same safety features.