1997 Lincoln Town Car

Most comfortable car I have ever owned.

by from Honolulu, HI on July 26, 2017

I love this car. It is elegant and comfortable. It rides as though you are sitting on your sofa in your living room The air conditioner is excellent. Only has 48, 800 miles. It has all the extras on it. Needs replacing the center link and the idler arm. Great value.

Uses car for Havingfun

Best $100 I've ever spent!

by from Tacoma, WA on June 17, 2017

Seriously! A dear friend sold it to me for $100, with 197k. Had it three years. Only thing it needed was the intake changed. Absolutely beautiful, well made auto!!!

Very beautiful and very comfortable car.

by from Honolulu, HI on June 14, 2017

This car is so easy to drive and so very comfortable to ride in. It makes me very proud to drive it. I just love it. It certainly has served me well for a long time.

Is a very comfortable vehicle and a joy to drive

by from Wellston, OH on June 3, 2017

Bought this car new in 1997 and have never had a regret. It is a fine automobile with a great ride. Very roomy interior and a huge trunk. Plenty of power and very good gas mileage.

So much room and comfort to be traveling in !

by from North Jersey on March 27, 2017

So much trunk room for taking kids to camp, college and family vacations - such a large interior can fit 7 people - great for two as well : ) - and what a smooth ride - "What speed bumps ?" Not to mention power for getting on the parkway etc. Minor repairs over the years but a great value. They don't make cars like these anymore 20 years old - still going, 26 mpg on the highway and a pleasure to drive.

Best looking and performing car I've ever owned!

by from Grand Blanc, MI on September 1, 2016

I've been fortunate to own three 1997 Lincoln Town cars. My first was the Executive model, which I drove over 225,000 and sold it. My second was a Signature series model which I drove to 188,000 miles before a lady making a turn at am intersection totaled it. My third Lincoln is the Cartier series. I purchased this one recently from Jacksonville, AL, with only 88,000 miles on it. It is my dream car. It came with the original cell phone in it. It performs so wonderful, with great gas mileage, that it is a pure delight to drive it. I have had many individuals compliment me on its looks. I've performed a couple of minor touchups on the exterior and interior, but have no complaints with the way it handles on the road. The air conditioning cools extremely well, and the power equipment functions great as well. I wish Ford would reproduce this model. Can't find a better looking or better performing automobile. Though its getting close to being a classic, it is driven almost daily.

Best car I've owned

by from on December 3, 2015

Very reliable car and low-cost maintenance! Good gas mileage for it's size and year and it rides like a dream. The only downside is that it can lose traction in the winter, but that is common for a RWD vehicle. My car got 25000 miles on it before the transmission died and I seriously considered fixing it (in hindsight I wish I had).

A Modern Classic

by from Iowa on May 2, 2012

I said for years if I could find a good '97 TC I would buy it. IMOH the styling went way south with the '98. Picked up my Silver Signature Edition TC with 64K miles on it in Florida one year ago. Didn't realize it was the touring model until I got home (16" wheels, large anti-sway bars front & rear, dual exhaust). Superb comfort, good fuel economy, classic styling for less than a used Cavalier. I've put 15K miles on it and hope to run it many, many more.

Best car ever

by from New Orleans on February 27, 2012

This is our third Towncar, our second 97 towncar. It's big and comfortable and gets over 25mpg on the highway. I have been a salesperson for 42 yeaqrs and have driven dozens of cars many, many miles. The 97 Towncar is, in my opinion, the best car ever made.

Great value, great ride

by from Tulsa, OK on October 20, 2011

My 97 Town Car now has 206,000 miles on it and I'm the second owner. When I purchased it 8 years ago, it had only 47,000 miles on it and I never thought I would ever drive a car as long as I have driven this one. It owes me nothing, continues to perform nearly as well as it did when I got it and the needed repair work over the years has been very minor compared to almost any other car I have owned in my 71 years. Not only is the air ride rear suspension a delight to ride on, but the fuel mileage using the recommended low octane fuel rivals a lot of much smaller cars being sold new today with an easy 25 mpg highway. I had considered selling or trading this car several times over the years, but it's difficult to give up a machine like this one that never gives me any trouble and costs so little to maintain. Like any car, it requires some needed repairs from time to time, but if it is well maintained, oil changed with Mobil 1 on a regular basis without fail, etc., this is a car you can depend on year after year after year. A year ago I took it on a 1,500 mile road trip and had no trouble with it. Consumer Reports lists this car as one of the most reliable ever made and due to the fact that Town Cars have huge depreciation from new, buying a used one is one of the best bargains out there today. If I have to replace it at some point in the future, it will be with another Town Car.

Our Expert Review: 1997 Lincoln Town Car