4.0
Average based on 2 reviews

Sadly, a huge disappointment

by from Houston, Texas on February 16, 2014

When I purchased my Quattroporte GTS a few months back, I was just excited and really looking forward into enjoying this beauty. But unfortunately, it didn't go that way. The good things that I really liked were the powerful V8 Ferrari engine, and that beautiful, aggressive exhaust sound it made. Also, the seats were very plush and comfortable. Now the bad things. The exterior, at first it looked great, but the more I drove, it kept looking more generic. For example, when I park next to my Infiniti M56, both front ends look similar, but worse yet, was the rear end, when I parked next to a 2014 Chevy Impala, I was just shocked on how extremely similar they looked alike. The interior, is probably the worst of it all. Now I knew that there was gonna be some parts from Chrysler (since Fiat bought them), but I never imagined it was going to be way too much. I rented a Dodge Dart when I went to California, and noticed that the sun visors, power windows, rear-view mirror, key fob, and even the 8-inch touch screen was exactly the same! After that, my Maserati felt more American than Italian. I really tried REALLY hard to love this car, but at the end of the day, you're driving a $150,000 Chrysler. I would rather recommend an '09 Quattroporte, in which it was a bit complicated, but it felt (and looked) like a true Italian car.

no cause, just because

by from california on February 28, 2015

Recently purchased The S Q4, chose the AWD over the V8, and even though there is no way of justifying spending that kind of money on a single car, I still must say it's worth it.. The body style is similar to other vehicles on the road, but the emblem alone is worth the cost of admission. From the moment you sit down (front or back) you know your in luxury, the leather feels like that of a very expensive woman's purse, and the trident is well placed throughout the car to give that Greek god atmosphere. The super sedan gives the impression That the owner should be driven and not driving with the amount of space in the rear sits, being 6'2 and being able to sit comfortable is something of a rarity in sportier cars. The touch screen is easy to use and even though found in less expensive cars, why mess with a good thing. Overall purchasing this car is more about exclusivity and the pleasure of saying MASERATI.