2000 Mazda 626

Amazing Vehicle for the Price

by from Chapel Hill, TN on March 21, 2010

This car is amazing for short. There is a little more road noise than expected. This is my first vehicle and I absolutely love it. I drive it to school, work, and home everday. I only have to fill it up about once a week. Overall, i would recommend this car to a first time driver.

Very good and cost-effective car!

by from Dallas on December 2, 2009

Very good and cost-effective car! Nice looking like Bentz, solid body, generally good performance, and better price than most similar cars!

NEVER PUT ME DOWN... TAKEN MANY LONG TRIPS

by from SARASOTA on August 24, 2011

HAVE THIS CAR AND IVE TAKEN MANY TRIPS FROM FLORIDA TO OHIO AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. VERY RELIABLE AND RUNS PERFECT.

So Far So Good...

by from California, CA on February 7, 2010

I can say this car is a good car to have it for transporting stuff like to places within one or two hours. However, this car doesn't seems to have the great big power when you do the "kick-down"...All it have is the sound but not the speed. Also the CD player is not that good because it comes from the manufacture and so the CD player cannot read MP3 files...so which i went to get a new player so it can read the disc. So if you are not a music person this car will suit you unless you want to pay more money for better quality things. Overall I will say this is a good car.

buyer beware

by from boston on November 9, 2006

this cars engine has been causing me problems since i got it w/less than 30k. Take to your mechanic before purchase.

by from Burlington IA on February 5, 2009

I bought this car used and have problems in as little as 6 months after purchsing. I have put 2 transmissions in it and its still messed up not worth all the money I put into it.

Great Economical Car

by from Sacramento,California on February 18, 2017

I purchased a used 2000 626 at 180,000 miles, and plan to drive it for another 10-20,000 miles. It's a really pleasant car to drive, and needed only routine repairs in it's lengthy life so far: exhaust and muffler work, oil and transmission fluid changes, and the occasional tune up left this car in decent running condition. I've never had another car with oscillating air vents, or that shifts into second and third gear with quite so much gusto. The fuel efficiency doesn't really compare to a more modern vehicle, but I can usually get a 280-300 miles to the 12 gallon tank, which is pretty decent. One item to note is that the headliner tends to fall down in this model of vehicle, and needs to be re-glued. I've seen this in two examples of the 626 so far. All in all it's a decent road runner, and these days should be available for well under 3000 dollars used.

Good all aroung city car.

by from Wichita Ks. on November 21, 2009

The 626 4cyd. auto is a good all around car for it's class. Avg.22-24 mpg city, and 26-30 hwy. Had the car for 8 years, if buying one again would get extended warranty for any thing over 70,000 miles. Repairs can be expensive. These are basic transportation and should be veiwed as such. They can be unconfort- able on long trips. Power is good but at highspeeds iffy when passing. Makes good work or student car. Would buy another but only if the interior was up graded to better seats. The car should be maintained by dealer and have extended warranty, make sure when buying that all regular maintance has been done according to manufacture.

Reliable, Excellent Mileage, Durability.

by from Elmont, NY on June 19, 2007

Last one I owned I sold with over 240,000 miles. These cars will run forever with just regular oil changes. Styling is timeless and comes with a standard accessory package that beats all. They could have offered optional wood grain, but you can purchase separately.

I like this car

by from Slate College, PA on July 23, 2015

My first car was a 1998 Mazda 626. It made it to over 222,000 Miles Before the transmission failed. How I have the same car, but a little newer. No, it is not Very powerful necessarily. However, it rides fairly smooth, is spacious enough for my liking, LOOKS nice and presentable, and overall is a great car.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Mazda 626