NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 CX-5

2014 Mazda CX-5

2014 Mazda CX-5

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Mazda CX-5?

love the zoom zoom

by tp from maryland on Sat Nov 23 2013

car is very comfortable and roomy for a small suv.plenty of pep. Bought the touring model with moon roof package and tech package. SO far love the car.

Awesome ride/looks/safety/price/MPGs!!

by jhdmd13 from Savannah, GA on Sun Sep 22 2013

I just got one of these, and I love it! It's very fun to drive, especially with the 2.5L, 184HP engine that comes with my Touring FWD package. Passing is a breeze, even at 70mph on I-95. Steering is very responsive. The driving experience is a 10/10 for me, but what really sold me was the high safety ratings and great fuel economy. I've averaged 30mpg with mixed driving over 1 month/2000 miles thus far, so it has lived up to its ratings. The instant mpg-ometer shows 35-40mpgs when you're cruising around 60mph, so it's even better on long trips. This is a really cool looking car too! I'm more about practicality than looks, but I get it all in the CX-5 without looking like a soccer mom driving a CR-V or RAV4. All that, plus the best price tag among its similarly equipped competitors, so I definitely recommend! Other notes: + Great head/leg/shoulder room in all seats (I'm 6'2'' male) + Useful technology: power seats, backup camera, bluetooth/pandora, blind spot monitoring, etc + Tan interior option is a must for those of us sweating it out in the Southeast year-round - Voice commands took some getting used to - Less cargo room than some competitors (but still plenty for me) - I wish the center console was slightly longer since I like to rest my elbows when driving on the highway. - Sometimes the blind spot monitoring beeps at me even when I think I have enough room to pass, but I view it as my "Don't Be a Jerk" alarm since I just moved from Massachusetts where cutting people off is standard practice. (If you unfortunately still drive in Mass, you can turn this feature off.)

Solid small SUV

by Driver from Fiarview, TX on Fri Mar 28 2014

Have had my Mazda CX5 Grand Touring for almost 10 months. 9500 miles with no issues. Great handling, averaged 25.5 MPG in town and highway. Only small complaint on the road noise. Don't know if replacement tires for the Toyo's would make a difference. I like all the bells and whistles.....xenon headlights, good sound system, side view warning system, etc. Granted, it is not at the level of the premium entries I was considering (X3, Q5 or XC60), but for $20 grand less, a great value. Ready to get my second oil change and tire rotation. No mechanical issues at all. I like it.

It's like a reliable X3

by Hud from Louisville, Kentucky on Mon Sep 16 2013

Got rid of a scab of a car called a BMW X3. Drove the Mazda when the 2.0 was the only engine available and decided it was a tad too slow (highway merge AWD auto). Once I read the 2.5 was coming I set up a test and purchased a Pearl White GT-AWD. I agree with a previous poster that the motor has a little NVH issue at idle.......but it really doesn't bother me. I understand what I have here and it is incredible. I struggled to average 15 in the Bimmer, and I am averaging 26 in the Mazda with the 2.5 auto AWD. The engine is a work of art IMO, and the way it works with the transmission is really cool. This car understands exactly what your right foot is telling it and it gets you in the power band right away, torque has been greatly improved. Highway merging is a blast. I also opted for the GPS which is a TomTom based unit which works very well. A few minor digs: Road noise, and touch screen smear, no memory seats, other than than 7K miles and we're all smiles.

A responsive car with an excellent turning radiuo.

by Carlos from on Sat Mar 15 2014

We replaced our five year old Roque with a 2014 Mazda CX5. Immediately I noticed the CX5 is much more responsive. The transmission seems to react quickly and not wind out like the Roque. Turning is sharp and all the creature comforts are there. One has to read the manual however. The manual is the size of a phone book and full of the details you'll need to understand all the bells and whistles. My wife liked the storage arrangement in the Rogue better and I liked the slightly larger trunk space in the Rogue. All in all though, the willingness of the Madza dealer to negotiate much better than the other dealers made our decision easy.

2014 Cx5 touring fwd very impressed

by GBP from SE Wisconsin on Thu Jul 04 2013

Pros: Great milage, 28 city, averaging around 30mpg. Seats are comfortable. Front vision very good. Interior functional and designed well. Exterior designed well, looks solid and well styled. Rear camera and blindspot monitors are nice features especially if you are not use to using mirrors. Drives sporty, very responsive in acceleration and steering. A real pleasure to drive, not tiring. Voice command audio with BT helps keep your attention on the road. Seats 4 comfortably but could squeeze in 5. The sound of the Bose system is very good. Moonroof is also a nice option, brightens interior and ventilates. Should be able to tow up to 2000lbs max. Fog lamps and 17" alloy wheels also nice. Cons: Slightly rough ride and road noise on certain roads. Rear vision is poor if you are used to looking over shoulders when changing lanes. Ignition button view blocked by wiper control. Noisy engine when first started but is barely audible when warm. Not many miles on it yet so reliability is not known.

Disappointed

by tree from Bucks County PA on Mon Sep 01 2014

For over a year I had been looking to purchase a new car. I was torn between Subaru and Mazda. I did a lot of research and spent hours reading reviews and test driving both makes. I chose Mazda because I was not comfortable with the CVT in the Subaru. I purchased an AWD 2014 CX-5 touring in April with almost 11,000 miles on it. I love the body style, the soul red paint and the handling but am disappointed with the gas mileage and quality of the interior. About a month ago, I noticed a crack in the plastic below the shifter trim, I don't know if it was the heat or if it was cracked before I purchased the car and it had been glued back together, either way, I had not noticed it before and you can not miss it. Since I had purchased an extended warranty, and the car had less then 12,000 miles on it, I took it to the dealer only to find out that trim is not covered under any warranty. Last week I noticed that the front driver seat is already starting to fray where the seat and back meet. ( I am under 5' tall and weigh less than 120 lbs so I shouldn't be putting too much stress on the fabric.) The carpet throughout the entire vehicle is very cheap.The plastic scratches easily. Please really look at the interior of the car and pay attention to the plastic, trim, fabric and carpeting. When people ask how I like my new car, it saddens me not to be able to say I love it. I would not have purchased this car if I had paid more attention to the detail/quality of the interior. The interior of my Ford explorer with 130,000 miles is in better condition than my brand new car. I don't think it will last 130,000 miles, I just hope it lasts 5 years until the car is paid off.

Does not recommend this car!!

The zoom zoom I needed

by Ellen's Sexiest Car Ever from Seattle, WA on Mon Dec 09 2013

What can I say more? Efficient MPG, hands free bluetooth and pandora compatible, sexy color ( i got the soul red) and classy black interior. This is the zoom zoom I needed for my busy job and active lifestyle ! This is my second Mazda SUV/CUV and they never fail to amazed me ! And oh I love the warning blink for the blind spot detection.

Great vehicle

by Perchie from Winnipeg on Mon Jul 29 2013

I have the 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring without the tech package. I've only had this vehicle for 1 week, but so far I love it. I smile every time I drive it. Before purchasing, I checked out the Santa Fe, Outback, Forester, and test drove the CRV. Many of these vehicles are very similar, but ultimately the good reviews on many Internet sites, the good looks, the fun to drive factor, great gas mileage, and previously owning a Mazda brought us to this decision. I'm considering buying the TomTom navigation system separately. Although the reviews aren't convincing, I still think this being integrated with the screen would be nice to have. The only minor negative that I have so far is it has trouble hearing which number I want to dial when using the voice command. Multiple tries are often necessary (or you could dial manually). I don't think incoming text messaging works either ... hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.

12K miles and a year later...

by Eddy from Salem OR on Mon Apr 20 2015

Bought a 2014 CX-5 2.0 6 speed manual cretified pre-owned in exchange for a 2007 Matrix. I have to say that at first, I was not so impressed with the cx-5. Acceleration wasnt much beter than the Matrix, but I realized with time that the Mazda is a lot heavier. Im getting 32.5 miles per galon and it still driving just like when I bought it. It is very simplistic inside, but I dont use my car as my house, just to take me from here to there. I have to say that I am in love with my car now. Also, it is the only smaller suv that can tow 2K lbs, the other ones (CRV, RAV4, Forester, Escape) can tow less than that, so this summer I will take my pop up camper on it and try it out. With the gas milage, the 6 speed manual, and the body style, I have to say that my next car will be a CX-5, this in 7 to 10 years from now. The car is already paid off and now it is rest as the warranty that came with will last another 6 years or 70K miles. And I have to say, the mazda dealership where I take my car to oil changes has a great costumer service!!