NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 CX-5

2014 Mazda CX-5

2014 Mazda CX-5

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Mazda CX-5?

Love the CX5 GT

by Kingsfrog from Houston, TX on Thu Jul 11 2013

We bought the CX5 about a month ago and we still love it. It has not disappointed us. We test drove several vehicles and the CX5 beat the others hands down. Pros: Acceleration, safety, handling, mpg, interior Cons: Ride is a little stiff, some noise We love the blind spot monitoring and the back-up camera. We have over a 1000 miles on it in mixed driving and it is getting 26 mpg in the city and a little over 30 mpg on the highway. So we are thrilled with the mpg. It handles like a sports car and feels very responsive when you step on the gas. We bought the GT with the Tech package and feel like we got a lot of value for our money. I like the interior and it has a "solid" feel to it. It is well laid out and the touch screen is easy to use. We looked at other models and they did not seem to be as nice inside. No buyers remorse here! ZOOM ZOOM

Great car

by Crashmaster from on Fri Apr 01 2016

Have had the car about a month and is everything I was looking for in a vehicle. i would recommend this to anyone who would like a sporty more suv like vehicle and something fun to drive

Mazda CX-5

by Pauly from Springfield, MO on Fri Jul 12 2013

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Would recommend it highly! I am very satisfied with my purchase!

Very good car but needs better software

by Hifinsword from Williamsburg, VA on Sat Mar 03 2018

The performance in terms of acceleration and economy are the best I've ever had in a car. I love having seat warmers and independent climate controls. The overall looks inside and out are great. The things I don't like are the lack of individual seat controls. We are a 2 person family and each drive this CX-5. It would have been great to have the seat and steering wheel adjust for each of us at the push of a button. The mirrors we can move easily but adding the side mirrors to an individual setting on a button would also be nice. The biggest 'fail' Mazda has with this model is the integrated entertainment/navigation system. First of all, the nav is NOT intuitive. Simple things like adding a favorite are hidden. Secondly the CD player died early. We took it in and it was 'fixed'. An update to the Nav was offered online shortly after that. After I updated the nav, the CD player was dead again. And all the favorites in the nav disappeared. We live too far away to just pop over and have it fixed again. I do like the USB connector and the extra power stations (cigarette lighter style) in the front and back. I do wish there was better lateral support for the driver. I like to have my arms resting on arm rests for long trips, but one side is lacking these. But my biggest complaint is the dealer support. They try to get you to commit to hundreds of dollars worth of 'regular maintenance' when all you need is an oil change. And even then, they tell you that a synthetic oil is all they will cover for warranty coverage. That of course is dozens of dollars more than one would pay at a Jiffy Lube or similar business. I know dealers make their money from service, but cramming hundreds of dollars worth of nothing inspections/adjustments to a regular visit for an oil change have made me a much bigger supporter of the local car repair shops.

One of a kind

by Zoocrew from Mosinee, WI on Fri Aug 30 2013

Very satisfied with our GT AWD. Love the looks and the fact you don't see it every day like the Rav4 or CRV. Our mileage has been as advertised and even better on the highway, as high as 30-31 first two tanks of gas with the AWD is great, you will not get that out a Sante Fe which was our next choice. Only dislike is you do have to move seats forward to get back seats to fold completely flat. Can't wait for winter to try out AWD. Car looks great and handles great. My wife constantly says how tight the steering is and how smooth it drives.

Three near misses in 5 months

by Dog Chauffeur from Redmond Wa. on Fri Mar 18 2016

Purchased a 2014 cx5 on November. 2015. I am having trouble seeing while trying to make a turn. The front side door posts are quite large, and the large housing on rear view mirrors impair the sightline. I am a 5'6" woman. yes, I have adjusted the seat, added a pillow. Also dog does not appreciate seat not folding flat .

Love this car

by Kings from Portland, OR on Fri Aug 16 2013

Love this car. The GT model has everything that I wanted. The ride is great, lots of room the back. The gas mileage could be better but is not bad for a small SUV. The acceleration is good for a 4 cylinder.

Zoom, Zoom

by AZBob from Mohave Valley, AZ on Fri Nov 07 2014

Front seats are a little hard, but interior fit and function are good. Great power with good gas millage, pleasure to drive!

Very good SUV

by Mike from ChattanoogaTN on Wed Jun 19 2013

The only downside to this vehicle is the carpet. The carpet is not very good. I like the performance of this vehicle but it is not getting the MPG that was advertised.

My first SUV

by An Old Guy from Minneapolis, MN on Fri Feb 20 2015

I bought my CX-5 16 months and just over 12,000 miles ago. It's my first Mazda, and my first SUV. Most of the driving has been in metro areas ? some short highway sprints, some 30-40 mph arterial streets ? but I've also taken it on one 2,600-mile cross-country trip from the Midwest to the Rocky Mountains and back. I did NOT get a special deal on the price, and expected to pay something of a premium because I know that manufacturers make more money from SUVs than from sedans. As vehicles go, this one is tall and relatively thin. I mostly bought it to replace a15-year-old sedan with a quarter of a million miles on it because I have small grandchildren to haul around town, and I didn't want to have to keep bending over to put them in their respective car seats. The CX-5 fills the bill very nicely as a versatile and economical family vehicle that is surprisingly fun and agile on the road. I bought the absolute base model, with no options, not because I couldn't afford the next trim level, but because I much prefer to be an "engaged" driver, and that requires a manual transmission. Mazda makes an excellent 6-speed manual transmission, but it's only available in the 2WD base model. In order to get that transmission, I was willing to limit my color choices and forego AWD. I still think Mazda should make the manual transmission available in other trim levels, and also with AWD. Over 12,000+ miles, the car, with base engine, won't win many drag races, but it's averaged just over 30 mpg in mostly city driving, and it handles beautifully. Braking is good, steering is quick and responsive, and I'd call the power curve "adequate." The 6-speed manual transmission is a joy to use, and for me, worth giving up AWD and better exterior color choices. Gear ratios are very intelligently placed, and 6th gear is a genuine overdrive, only useful over about 50 mph, but VERY useful at highway speeds. My base model came equipped with virtually everything I would have ordered ? if I'd had to ? from air-conditioning to disc brakes at all 4 corners. I plug my iPod into the USB port in the center console, and can listen to music for hours while the iPod itself remains hidden in the console. Steering wheel-mounted audio controls work as advertised, as do the dashboard buttons for the same purpose, and the steering wheel-mounted cruise control works dependably, as well. I'd like the back seat to fold flat instead of the shallow angle it now uses, but that's a fairly minor quibble. There's plenty of space behind the back seat with the seat back up, and it's pretty cavernous back there with the rear seat folded down. I'm happy with the mileage, performance, braking, human and cargo capacity, and the design and execution both inside and out. For an SUV, it's very attractive sheet metal. For those with small children, I've found car seats to be easy to attach via seat belt, and if yours requires anchoring to the vehicle, there are anchor points to permit as many as 3 car seats in the back seat area, though I only use 2 car seats.In short, I'm pretty pleased with my first Mazda, and would buy one again.