2005 Mazda Mazda 3

I love it

by from Ontario, Ca on July 23, 2011

Bought this car used with 72,000 miles. Great value with great gas mileage. Had small problem with rear brakes but inexpensive to fix. Ac compressor needs to to be replaced. All in all great car to drive.

Style Meets Value

by from Buffalo, NY on January 25, 2010

When I was in the market to buy a car I did an extensive amount of research about many aspects of vehicles. The Mazda3 'S' won because it had nicer styling and better performance than the Civic (Factory body kit/spoiler, 160HP engine, sport suspension). After driving it for 6 months I am impressed by the handling and the power that arrives at 3k RPMS. The interior came full of quality features at a good value: mirror/compass/thermometer, 6 Disc in dash changer, leather, quality stereo, in addition to the basics of AC and heat. All of these features came at a good value price. The only downfall of my particular model is the fact there are only 3 preset speeds for the windshield wipers (slow, fast, and really fast). Newer models probably have been improved. My car now has 55k and there has not yet been one problem. All things considered I'm glad I didn't get the boring Civic or a problematic Volkswagen.

Excellent vehicle for the money

by from Dallas, TX on May 19, 2011

I have been able to do more in this car comfortably than any previous car. I was amazed at the amount of storage that could be placed in the boot of the vehicle and still drive 2 people. Its not the fastest car of its size but it has a wonderful 2.3L engine that gets great gas mileage. My favorite car to date. I have owned over 10 vehicles in my life.

2004 Mazda 3

by from Byers, CO on December 28, 2012

I bought my Mazda 3 9 years ago new. Currently have over 245,000 miles on this car and no leaks and is still running strong. Put less than a $1,000 in parts and labor into this car, besides normal maintenance. I don't see myself needing to replace this car at all.

I love this car!

by from 60048 on August 16, 2013

I bought this car & love everything about it. the gas mileage is great. The exterior and interior look sleek & sporty. Its completely reliable, and most of all the reviews are amazing as well as the resale value. Everyone who gets in my car asks me about it and wants one. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Great Car!

by from Chicago, IL on January 29, 2010

I love this car! It is the first car I have owned on my own and I couldn't have asked for a better one. The styling inside and out is wonderful. Handles well on the road even in bad weather. There aren't a lot of features, but that is because I chose to buy the basic version. This is definitely a car to get if you're single and don't have children. The back seat is a little small, so do watch out for that!

Great car on gas mileage and looks

by from kansas on August 23, 2011

great car for the price it looks stunning just make sure you get the right one, pretty sure this one was wrecked and fixed but didn't have anything on the car fax, cool car though

Nicest Car I Ever Drove

by from Missori on October 18, 2012

I Love My Mazda 3s It Is Just Amazing!!!! The Style of It And Everything About It. I Bought This Car with 96,000 Miles On It And It Is As Good As New (Well For Me)

Can't go wrong

by from Springfield, VA on November 25, 2009

I've owned a 2005 Mazda 3 sport for a little over 5 years and 50,000 miles. It's a fantastic car, though I wouldn't like it nearly as much without the sport package. The 2.3 L four cylinder engine is pretty peppy and provides enough torque to keep it that way even at low RPMs. Depending on the options you get, the Mazda 3 can be very economical, or rather sporty and luxurious. I got all the options (leather, sunroof, manual transmission, fog lights, spoiler, 6 CD changer, etc.) and it definitely makes it stand out and perform better. The manual transmission is very smooth, but the clutch is stiffer than most other cars and requires fairly precise bilateral footwork. I maintain it vigilantly based on the manufactures recommendations and I haven't had a single major problem with it. I put in full-synthetic oil and expect the car will still be intact at 200,000 miles based on Mazda's excellent history of reliability. The car looks great on the outside, but I think the interior really stands out. It's laid out well, has mostly red back lighting, and is very functional. (The red back lights help retain night vision.)The speaker system (upgraded) is especially nice for the price. In my opinion, the 2009 and later exterior styling is much more feminine and strongly resembles facial features on the front and back (which I hate, but I'll leave that up to you). I highly recommend this vehicle over any other with a comparable price.

The "cutist and peppyist" car I have ever owned.

by from Charlotte NC on February 21, 2011

I love my Mazda SP 3. Being a woman, I thought and still think it is classy, cute and peppy. A true WINNER.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Mazda Mazda 3