2010 Mazda3

2010 Mazda Mazda3

2010 Mazda Mazda3

Have you driven the 2010 Mazda Mazda3?

Really special small package

by RITech from Austin on Fri Aug 20 2010

We really only needed a second car that was practically packaged, economical, and loaded with those extras that have spoiled us in recent years. (Our other car is a 2009 Acura TSX Tech). This Mazda 3 GT HB is way too much fun. Great handling, very comfortable ride, and a nice feature set. Acceleration is surprising for an unboosted 2.5 4cyl. The tan leather, power seating, and more than adequate power are exactly what we wanted. The controls are great. We passed on the cumbersome NAV and the upgraded stereo. The stock setup is great. Adding our iPOD using AUX and aftermarket iPOD management works perfectly. Our aftermarket NAV is probably more useful. Gas mileage, using actual measurements and calculations, is yielding only 24-25 mpg with only 2000 miles on the car. It's still new and I need to talk with the dealer, but that's disappointing. I would have gotten the SPEED if I thought this was the expected mileage for the car. The car is so well put together I doubt we'll be seeing much of the dealership otherwise.

most fun to drive

by strawberry_34 from Conway, SC on Tue Jun 15 2010

I am so happy with my Mazda3. It offers all the features you could ask for. The seats are comfortable! The styling is unique. The handling is above and beyond! The only thing I would change is the stereo system!

Best car in its class

by Mazda3 owner from on Thu Aug 26 2010

This is a great vehicle to own, the only problem I have with the car is that the back seat has very little leg room so it is uncomfortable for tall passengers to sit.

owned for almost a year

by 5dr 3 from washington state on Fri Jan 21 2011

The ONLY real gripe i have with this car, is the paint job. scratches are made very easily. Best advice is to seal the paint up with wax n polish it. Since then i have had ZERO scratches. I wanted a golf but for the bang for the dollar i was able to get the 3 for about 9,000 cheaper. I have the bose/moonroof package with remote start. Bluetooth was standard. The Golf couldnt even compare in HP, interior room, options and price point. The 2.5 is a very very peppy quick accelerating engine. Gas milage however is a tad lower then estimated in city however HWY is on par. I average 22.5 mpg (average speed 22mph) around town and 31mpg (average speed 60) on the HWY This is on the 5speed auto. The ride WILL BE firmer then expected... but haven driven cars in Europe it doesnt bother me at all. In fact, it improves the handling of the car... you will get use to it. Cargo room is A+ for a compact 5dr. I was able to get a 60inch long object in the back with the rear seats folded down, and no change to the front seats. The boot is very wide mouthed so it makes it easy to haul things around. Overall, this is a very great car. I got it with 4 miles on it last march and have 8,000 miles on it now. Its a blast to drive!

Like it

by Djaarf from Ohio on Sat Jul 28 2012

Amazing car! Great design and MPG! I have been using it for two years and have not experienced any problem with it.

THIS CAR SAVED MY LIFE

by Mazda Love! from PA on Fri Jan 31 2014

I've owned 2 Chevy's. A Cavalier, then a Cobalt. I finally got so tired and fed up with GM's junk, I decided to drive down to the Mazda dealer down the street and long behold, there was my new 2010 Mazda 3 I touring! I never fell in love with such a perfect car. Might I just add with this car saved my life. I was driving home from work late one night, I was driving up a long windy back road and it was very foggy. I felt my Mazda begin to pull from one side, than to the other, I figured I was getting a flat tire, being that I was on a windy hill, I tried to keep going, it wasn't until the car started dinging at me and my traction control light had come on, I left my foot off the gas like I was taught to do and lost control of the car. I had hit black ice and was heading straight for a pole. My traction control light had saved my life, if that light didn't come on, I would've kept going at high speeds and definitely would have crashed. This car has the best safety ratings. I will always stick to Mazda for now on for my family and future kids. Mazda won over my heart, I hope they win over yours! <3

A 2010 Mazda3 After A BMW

by OnyxIndigo from Atlanta, GA on Thu Apr 09 2015

I received my 2010 mazda3 as a gift in 2014 for graduating high school. My dad scored it for $10,000 and it had about 36,000 miles on it. This is my opinion of the car? Outstanding! 1. Excellent quality stereo (that's big with me). If you like bass in your music, Bose has a lot to offer. The quality of the sound is fantastic. I had a subwoofer in my old BMW 325i, but I have no need for it now. 2. Steering has a bit of firmness to it, so the wheel is not loose in my grip. When I say that, I mean it is not flying from side to side, as the wheel in the Lexus RX350 does. The wheel in the mazda is easy to hold on to and prevents the slipping of your hands. It does get a bit toasty, though, when it sits in the sun! I have black and tan interior, so the colors may affect that. 3. The Mazda drives a lot like my 2004 BMW 325i. The gas mileage is even similar. They have a smooth sort of grace when they drive, and an easy braking style. That's one thing I love?the brakes aren't jerky/touchy, like those of the Volkswagen Tiguan. 4. The overall performance of the 2010 mazda3 is superb. This is coming from someone who drove a BMW for 2 years! The feel is fantastic, not too bumpy, it's not a lowrider where you're feeling as if your rear end is on the road, the steering is firm, stereo is fantastic, and it looks fabulous in black. I have a black vehicle with a thin pinstripe that runs under the windows. However?there are always cons! 1. The smiling grille?I have heard a lot of fuss about this. It does look really corny. In a way, though, you have to think of it in a way that says, "my car is unique." Some men have said they feel they're driving a woman's car because of the design, and how the frame of the vehicle is short and small. 2. The front cup holder?this may have just happened with my car, but there is a little hole/slit inside the cup holder. Like a space that is open. I have lost lighters, necklaces, etc, that slipped through the crack when I turned the car. I had to physically rip out the console to get them. 3. Manual seats?I may be being picky here, but in my bimmer, I had a few buttons on the side of the seat that were mechanized and moved the seat on their own. I don't particularly enjoy reaching down to hold a bar and slide my chair back and forth, and to pull a lever for back adjustment! Overall?despite flaws, I am VERY impressed with the mazda3. I never expected a Mazda to trump my BMW.

LOVING IT

by dlevisky from calgary, alberta on Thu Mar 19 2009

Yeap, I dumped the 2006 SAAB 93 for a 2010 Mazda 3 and never looked back. This car in very well loaded and at a price point that is impossible to match. Fit and finish is very impressive, and driving and handling of the 2.5 L engine mated to the 6 speed manual is a great set up. Bi xenon lights are better than my SAAB xenon lights and the styling is great both inside and out. Only complaints so far have been weak stereo and slight road noise in the wheel wells from dirt roads. Folks you will be hard pressed to find a car out there with this proven engine and platform with these standard safety and cool luxury features at these price points. My recommendation. Go for the leather option but not the added electronics package $3000 more and not much value added Bose stereo is still weak, the adaptive xenon lights is not needed the nav screen is to small and the push start engine has way to exceptions and rules of use. Also he IIHS crash safety results just came in and they're really solid, check it out! Im zoom zoomin around!

awesomenes

by hatchback GrandTouring from Hartford,CT on Sat Aug 25 2012

only problem, to small fit on back sit, but who cares, LOVE IT. BOSE SYSTEM, NAVIGATION, BLUE INTERIOR LIGHT,

Sporty ride/very comfortable!!

by Nice sport ride, so so fuel economy for mine. from Houston, TX on Mon Dec 26 2011

My fuel economy is 17mpg, I will have to take it in but most people report 25-30 combined. This is a great fun ride with a sporty pickup!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2010 Mazda Mazda3

The redesigned Mazda3 will impress driving enthusiasts, and it improves upon its predecessors in a number of other areas. If I were in the market, it would be high on my list. But these days, my backbone does as much as my right foot to sway my opinion — and I have to concede that Mazda doesn't have the most comfortable small car out there.

I drove a Mazda3 sedan with an automatic transmission; I'll offer up a short take on it here. If you're looking for a more comprehensive review of the car, read our evaluation of the stick-shift hatchback version here; you can also compare the 2010 Mazda3 to the 2009 Mazda3 here. The turbocharged MazdaSpeed3, sold only as a hatchback, is covered separately in the... Read More