Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class?

Niicccccceeeeeeee!!!

by joe from modesto, ca on Wed Nov 21 2007

The audio upgrade is a big plus!!! Great sound and the navigation was excellent on a trip to southern California. This is my first Benz and I love it. I don't know why the other reviewers her rip the car unless they bought a South African model. Mine was from Germany and it is built tighter than any Japanese car I owned, which included a Lexus.

THE BEST OF ITS KIND!

by MB Rater from san diego, ca on Sun Mar 16 2008

I have owned 3 BMW's, 1 Volvo, 1 VW, 1 Ford, and 1 Mercury. I like the very grounded and solid feel of the new C class. It's stylish and looks like a mini version of the S class. I took it for a test drive and was impressed with the acceleration response, amazing supension and ergonomic design. I highly recommed the new C class!

The best Mercedes I've ever owned!

by Chris T. from Wellington, Fl on Sat May 27 2017

I've been buying and driving Mercedes Benz products since 1989. I've had S class, E Class, SL and C class cars. Always bought them new. I purchased the 2008 C300 Sport new and immediately fell in love with the ride and handling. The engine is smooth but slightly under powered. The transmission sometimes hunts for the right gear when driving it hard. But the car is a delight to drive in traffic or on the turnpike. Now here's the real beauty of this car. I have had it since new. It now has 252 thousand miles on her. Original hoses and antifreeze, original engine with no leaks or oil use, original trans but torque converter is starting to act up at slow speeds but when accelerating trans still shifts with no problem. Original starter, alternator, water pump , power steering pump. Replaced AC compressor at 180k miles. No electrical problems! No problems at all. On my 8th set of tires now. This car has been a complete joy to own and drive. When the dealer fixed the AC they gave me a new C250 to drive and I hated it. Felt completely different. Light cheap and buzzy. Couldn't wait to get my 180k mile car back. I will never sell or trade it. But I am about to buy another 08 C300 with just 24 thousand miles on her. One owner car. I hope Lightning strikes twice. Best car I've ever owned and I've had over 60 cars including BMW, Maserati, jaguar, Cadillac etc. and I'm 6'2" and 240lbs never felt tight on long drives of 500 miles. Love ?? this car. Get the picture.

Awsome. Thank you MB.

by SSR from Charlotte, NC on Tue Dec 04 2007

Finally a Mercedes Benz. Guys, you should drive it for some time to understand it. It is better than my previous 2006 BMW 325i by far (that car was a peace of junk). Better handling, much much much quiter than bmw and better features. Very pleased.

Runs great!!!

by Sean from WPB on Thu Jan 02 2014

Love this car-Runs great! very comfortable and fun to drive!!! I had a great experience with this dealer as well!

Best looking in its class

by Texan from DFW texas on Sun Nov 29 2009

Second MB. Love the looks ,handling and design. Though the BMW rates higher onracetracks and putting through paces, I'll take this vehicle over 3 series for around town any day.

Nicest and most reliable car I have ever owned

by Jayman from Lincoln, NE on Mon Jun 18 2018

This car was a low mileage car when I got it and I never had any issues or any troubles with it. I kept the car regularly serviced and I knew that it would last me for a long time. It did great on gas mileage, was a very nice and luxurious car and fun to drive! I would recommend this car to anyone.

A wonderful Car

by Family Guy from Orlando, FL on Thu May 22 2008

This is my 3rd Benz. I did the European Delivery program and drove it for 1500 miles around Europe before delivery in the USA. The car behaved perfectly - a real pleasure to drive and is loaded with great features ( though the hard drive based nav system did not work until delivery in USA which was a bit of a niggle ). In fact I like the car so much I'm strongly considering getting another for my wife - as she likes it a lot too! The electronics are intuitive and well presented - so far I haven't needed to look at the Manual at all - which is a statement I cannot make for other car brands. Great job Mercedes!

The best car I have ever owned

by lynchie from Castle-Douglas, Scotland on Fri May 02 2008

This is the second Merc I have owned the first was a 2007 200K sport This is its replacment the new shape 200K sport What a different car it is better in every dept. I have also owned 2 BMW a 325 M sport and a 320D M sport the new Merc is better in all depts would recomend it to anyone enjoy

2008 Mercedes CLK350

by Machine from on Mon Jan 09 2017

Fantastic car. No maintenance to speak of. Great electronics and sound system. FAST, FAST, FAST. Certainly a Sleeper if you get the right motor. 185+ mph.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

If someone asked you to name a sport sedan, your first thought probably wouldn't be a Mercedes-Benz. With the new 2008 C-Class, Mercedes gets a little closer to that ideal in some categories while holding fast to its classic idea of luxury — isolation over involvement — in others.

The result is an entry-level luxury car that will appeal to fans of the three-pointed star but won't win over diehard enthusiast drivers the way the 3 Series has for years. While the C-Class' suspension tuning is sport-sedan worthy, there's still too much detachment from the road in the steering system.

Ride & Handling
Offered in Luxury and Sport variations and in rear- and all-wheel-drive forms, the new C-Class... Read More