2008 C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class?

Best looking in its class

by Texan from DFW texas on Sun Nov 29 2009

Second MB. Love the looks ,handling and design. Though the BMW rates higher onracetracks and putting through paces, I'll take this vehicle over 3 series for around town any day.

Electrical Circus

by C300 loser from California/Arizona on Sun Feb 14 2016

Aside from an annoying amount of small electrical issues (bulbs blowing weekly, and some only the dealership can access to replace) and odd messages on the dash... and there were and continue to be a lot, the most frustrating is the electrical issues have fried the EIS (Electronic Ignition System) no, not once, but TWICE in a 2 year period. Each time the only repair is full replacement to the tune of $1,200+. This would be enough to give anyone a stroke, but the added perk the C300 owner gets is when that system fries, it locks the steering and gearshift and EVERYTHING!!! So where ever you are, when the tow truck comes, they have to wrench the car out of where it is located, drag it up on the bed, and drag it off once it arrives. This is painful enough to watch in person (believe me, I can say this as an eye witness) but when they now must drag it around the dealership to where it will finally be worked on an unbelievable amount of stress is put on the tie rods, struts, stabilizers, bushings, etc. at the front. Once the car is repaired be sure to listen and feel the steering carefully, upon leaving the dealership the SECOND time, the entire front end required another $1,200.00 in repairs. MBUSA were only willing to cover 40% of the cost 'as a recognition of a good customer' but I still got stuck both the first time and the second. Extremely disappointing and they continue to deny an issues.

Does not recommend this car!!

'08 Benz C300 AWD (latest body style)

by jolietgeorge from Joliet, IL on Fri Dec 10 2010

Purchased used in April '10. 16k miles and full warrenty until '12. Drove the Nissan G, BMW 3 , Acura TL ('09 new body style). Benz's reliability has been in question the last few years, hopefully with this new gen, this will not be a concern. My decision was based upon style, size and comfort of ride. Benz was the hands down winner. OK, it is not as "sporty" as the BMW or Nissan G, but WOW... it is a looker! Elegant and comfortable. The AWD works well in the rain but is FANTASTIC in the snow! Besides, BMW's are yesterdays news.

Great car overall!

by Vitamin C from Seattle, WA on Thu Nov 08 2012

At age 39, I've owned over 35 cars. I love cars and trade them out quickly, so as to experience as many different vehicles as possible; however, this is a vehicle I've owned for 2 years, and I absolutely do not want to part with it. I purchased this car as a CPO while looking at a BMW 3 series. The 3 series was a bit sportier, but lacked much of what I consider luxury (no nav, no bluetooth, no ProLogic surround, no voice control, etc). Since I wanted a car for city/highway driving (as opposed to canyon carving), the Benz won out, and I bought my RWD C300 instead of the 335i I had been considering. Pros: It's gorgeous, comfortable, loaded with options, and drives like a rocket! There are a lot of little things to love too. The seat heaters are HOT and feel incredible in our cold winter days. The suspension is firm and makes for exceptional handling. With the low-pro AMG wheel/tires, the ride can be rough at times, but make a few aggressive moves laterally, and you'll be more than happy with the firm ride. (Or get the luxury model in stead of the sport.) The navigation unit is easy to use and very, very detailed, and the sound system is INCREDIBLE! The ergonomics of this car are also phenomenal: what you need is literally right at your fingertips. Whatever you can't reach without taking your hands off the wheel is accessible via voice command (which is located on the steering wheel). The services are not as painful as I?d anticipated, ranging about $200 for odd year services and $450 for even year services. Definitely more than a Japanese car, but the overall package has me convinced it?s worth it! Cons: It?s not Japanese (which is actually a pro too). In two years, this car has never left me stranded, but small things have needed attention that simply wouldn?t be an issue in a Japanese car. Small electrical issues: a parking light wire shorted and a pricey ($250) nav/radio controller switch lost partial function requiring replacement. Interior issues: the active headrests have both needed to be replaced ($500 a piece but covered under warranty), and the interior fascia along the rear window ?bowed? out, revealing insulation, wires, etc. MB techs fixed it free of charge, even out of warranty. All of this in under 65K miles. Bottom line: This car drives like a dream and gets compliments every week. I bought it two-years old with 38K on the odometer and paid half of the retail sticker when new, making it as affordable as an Accord. It is German, so there will be little glitches and irritations that would be nonexistent in a Japanese car, but I?ve owned Infinitis, and a Lexus and have never been excited by the way Japanese cars drive. This thing has me smiling each and every day I drive it! I plan on keeping it until the upkeep becomes more than an annoyance. Will I buy another MB? Probably not, but for a once-in-a-lifetime fling with true luxury and performance, you can?t beat the C300!

Spectacular Vehicle

by onequickcobra from Keystone Colorado on Sat Apr 18 2009

Fantastic performance and handling in one of the safest vehicles on the road! What a fantastic car in the mountains and snow! I didn't think that my 2003 C320 4-matic could be beat for the money, but this one does! My '03 has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (and I've owned over 80) with nothing more than one brake job, 2 sets of tires and 4 light bulbs in 79,000 miles! This one looks like it will do the same! Note that service intervals are every 13,000 miles or 1 year, and cost about $225 for the 1st, 3rd, etc. year, while every other year they are a little more than double that since they replace all the filters! If you intend to keep the car a long time, note that it does not have a timing belt setup that will cost over $1,000 to replace at 100,000 miles like the Japanese competition! For about $36,000 with some options, you can't beat it!

From Sport Coupe to 4-Door

by 1gr8G37S from Olathe, KS on Mon Jan 02 2012

We had owned two Infinities; a '03 G35 6MT sedan and an '08 G37S Coupe. The coupe was loaded with Nav. auto w/paddle shifters, etc. Great car with plenty of power and great handling if a bit noisy. It was totaled in an accident and while searching and researching for a replacement I happened upon this '08 M-B C350 Sport sedan. One thing we didn't like about the G37 was the near lack of a back seat; adults over 5" tall couldn't fit. Therefore we decided to test drive the Benz. Nice! Has adequate power, good handling, quite, and is very comfortable. Got a good deal and since it was a CPO car with extended warranty, decided to purchase. The more I drive it the better I like it.

great car

by Principal from Douglasville, ga on Tue Nov 01 2011

Didn't really know if I could afford a Mercedes but because you only live once you should get what you want especially if you work hard. I love the c300 Benz. It's a great affordable car.

C350 Just Awesome

by C350 Fan from Houston, TX on Wed Sep 14 2011

Bought this vehicle brand new 2008. I have since put almost 60,000 mile on it. Short commutes and other 500 mile days. I have no complaints at all, I have had 0 reliability issues. I go through rear tires, on my 3rd set of rears and about to need new brakes. Ooops. Have a lot of fun driving this. I can't wait to buy the C63 or E63 next!!

2008 C350 Bought Used

by Love my C350 from Atlanta on Fri Jan 29 2010

I lusted after the great styling the 350 offered, and decided that maybe it was time to replace my 10 year old C230. The 350 I found has the P1 and P2 package, with the panoramic sunroof included. Have to admit my heart races just a little when I walk up to my new car. Handling is phenominal, partially because of the AMG wheels. Acceleration is great, getting you out of (and sometimes into) tight spots on busy interstate lanes that suddenly come to a halt for no apparent reason. Having the integrated telephone in the speaker system is also a nice touch, allowing final business calls on the commute home. The cornering lights that illuminate the right or left at low speeds are a nice feature, but I can't see the value of the headlight washers that came on the car. Really? Headlight washers? Of course now my complaints about brake dust have shifted from the front wheels of my old C class to the rear wheels of the new car. The interior space is tight, with no real storage available like in the old C class, but hey, its a sports car. Best feature of all? Heated seats!

Best European Car I've owned

by European Lover from Cincinnati, OH on Tue Apr 10 2012

Third installment of German made vehicles and by far my favorite. Loved my 323c and liked my A4 but this vehicle is by far better. Better handling, better equipment, better feel. Love it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

If someone asked you to name a sport sedan, your first thought probably wouldn't be a Mercedes-Benz. With the new 2008 C-Class, Mercedes gets a little closer to that ideal in some categories while holding fast to its classic idea of luxury — isolation over involvement — in others.

The result is an entry-level luxury car that will appeal to fans of the three-pointed star but won't win over diehard enthusiast drivers the way the 3 Series has for years. While the C-Class' suspension tuning is sport-sedan worthy, there's still too much detachment from the road in the steering system.

Ride & Handling
Offered in Luxury and Sport variations and in rear- and all-wheel-drive forms, the new C-Class... Read More