2008 C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class?

Create restyling of the C350 Sport

by New to Mercedes ownership from Wichita, KS on Mon Nov 12 2007

I just purchased this vehicle and am very pleased thus far. A definite draw back is the rear seating. If both front seats are extended back, you will only get a small child in the backseat due the lack of legroom. The new styling is remarkable. The features are truly MB. I would highly recommend the C350 Sport.

Very reliable car never had issues

by JoeMB from Chico on Sat Jan 20 2018

I honestly love the car. It was way over my expectation when I bought it on Aug 2015. I drove 20,000 miles on it over more than 2 years and never disappointed me. Everything in the car is rigid and high quality as expected from MB cars. Rides very nice and comfy, too.

Wonderful car and a great value

by lcrv from Texas on Mon Mar 09 2009

This is my third C, and by far the best one yet. My only gripe is the exposed cup holders. I wish they would be covered like my 2003 C was. Other than that, no complains.

A practical car (When it works)

by MrB87 from Chicago Illinois on Tue Feb 06 2018

I have wanted one of these for years. (Particularly the w204 model) So when I found one for a reasonable price online, I decided to go check it out. I've always liked the exterior styling of these, and I still think it looks great. Even if it is 10 years old. I was surprised when I found mine that it wasn't the typical 4matic and that it was rear wheel drive. And along with the rear wheel drive, it was also a 6 speed manual transmission. Being a car enthusiast, these two things made me want the car even more. So I bought it. I've owned it for over a year now and it drives nice. Like I would expect a Mercedes to drive. Very smooth ride and the transmission is easy to shift. You can tell exactly where the catch point is on the clutch. The gas mileage isn't as great as you would think, being only a 6 cylinder. City driving is usually around 12mpg, but highway is pretty impressive usually in the upper 20s. Now I have had several mechanical issues since owning the car. I've had to replace all the pulleys and the tensioner because the belt kept snapping. And when I brought the car in for those repairs, they also said I needed a new control arm. After those repairs the car ran as good as new, like when I bought it. About 6 months later I had my second issue. The heat and A/C stopped blowing. Which I didn't think was an immediate issue, but it was. The windshield would fog up when it got cold and there was no way to get it to go away. But it has been a few months since that repair and everything has been great, for now.. But the car is comfortable and it's very nice to look at. The interior is kind of dated, even with the optional nav screen. The power isn't all that great considering it's somewhat of a sporty car. It would be nice if there was an available limited slip differential, but from what o read, even a lot of the AMG models don't offer it. For the money there are definitely other car options you could get that would offer more options and better fuel economy. But for me, I'm happy with the car. And if I could go back in time, I would still buy the car, even knowing what I know now. No, it's not the fastest. And no it doesn't get the best gas mileage. But it's an overall good car and it's fun to drive.

Beautiful Car, Loved the tech.

by ctaor on Tue Sep 12 2017

Well equipped vehicle, loved the inside interior and tech. Power was adequate, but wished for a little more. Besides that I loved this car.

Love this car! Will never own another brand of car

by LLK from Newark NY on Fri Aug 17 2018

Love it so much and would buy another in a heartbeat. I would recommend this car to anyone. Drives like a dream and looks so awesome

Great everyday car

by Speed lover from Newport Coast, CA on Tue Feb 03 2009

I looove this car. I've had 1 lexus, 3 MBs, 2 BMWs and 1 Porsche. This is by far the best daily driver of them all. Of course it's not going to perform as great as the c63...but it's 1/2 the price so who cares? The handling is great and the looks beat the 3-series by far. LOVE it

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

If someone asked you to name a sport sedan, your first thought probably wouldn't be a Mercedes-Benz. With the new 2008 C-Class, Mercedes gets a little closer to that ideal in some categories while holding fast to its classic idea of luxury — isolation over involvement — in others.

The result is an entry-level luxury car that will appeal to fans of the three-pointed star but won't win over diehard enthusiast drivers the way the 3 Series has for years. While the C-Class' suspension tuning is sport-sedan worthy, there's still too much detachment from the road in the steering system.

Ride & Handling
Offered in Luxury and Sport variations and in rear- and all-wheel-drive forms, the new C-Class... Read More