1999 Mercedes Benz Clk Class

Longevity with style

by from So Cal on February 26, 2011

I've owned my CLK430 for 10 years now. I never expected the experience this car has provided. Other than oil changes and tires this CLK430 has never needed a single repair. The engine is responsive, intererior design is effecient and stylish. The only problem is the gas mileage. 13 years ago, gas was cheaper and the sub 20 mpg I get makes this a more expensive commuter. MB got ths one right!

1999 CLK320 Cabriolet

by from on March 29, 2017

While it seems many are apprehensive about buying older Mercedes, I and my fellow CLK320 Cabriolet owner friends have been very satisfied, especially with performance vs. MPG. Most of us get 27-30MPG in mixed city/highway. Not that I have had many issues (thank God!), but I have found that if there is an issue or gremlin, DO NOT fix it right away. At least for my CLK320, it fixes itself more times than not. My 1997 F150, on the other hand, has cost me a small fortune in repairs.

The Best Car Ever!!!

by from Jupiter, Fl on January 8, 2014

I bought this car about a year and a half ago and have loved driving it. It is a great strong car that always has a little more power when you need it. It is a solid car that continues to impress me. This car is a tank that is light on its feet, beautiful to drive and look at and it has performed beyond expectation.

CLK430 -Must Have Classic

by from on May 25, 2009

I am a car enthusiast and this car turns heads everywhere. Its classic and elegant but very powerful and masculine at the same time. It has lines that are better than the newer W209's. The CLK430 will cost you marginally more but it well worth it because the AMG body moldings as well as the AMG wheels make the car look complete. The engine is a powerful V8 which is so smooth and powerful with torque on demand in any gear at any RPM. The ride is wonderful for a sports coupe and amazing for long drives. For the money I've never been able to find anything that hits all the marks quite like this car. I always wanted one and since I've had mine I've never been dissapointed. They are very reliable if you change the oil (synthetic only) and put in the premium gas. The more you drive it the more you will realize why Mercedes is such an exellent brand. The leather alone lasts so long and never cracks. My car is 11 years only and looks like a new car. The stereo is awesome (bose) and the interior is simple (real burlwood not like the new mercedes-plastic). Its good in the rain just don't take it out in the snow. This car is a solid as a rock and will never let you down. BUY ONE!

99 clk

by from yonkers on May 8, 2009

Very nice car I had two of them the car is going to be one we all remember just test drive one yourself

Very powerful car, attracks speeding ticket

by from Harrisburg on July 15, 2010

Bought this car to get around. Got very good feedback on car from friends and family. Bought it used. Runs like new. Great car, smooth ride, love the look and style, powered everything

I Love this Car

by from on May 21, 2011

I typically drive the clk 320 coupe and my dad's 08 c300 sports sedan. I prefer this as it is more fun to drive, it is just more zippy. The ride i comfortable yet still able to provide good feed back. I get around 22mpg (mostly city). I have the stock speakers hooked up to an aftermarket stereo and they sound better than any toyota. The car has a few minor issues but none major and this is to be expected of a 12 year old car. A well maintained one will be an excellent car for anyone.

Pleasantly surprised

by from Chicago, IL on September 7, 2006

The engine has good torque which makes the most of the 215 hp. The handling is nuetral with a nice tendancy towrds oversteer especially in wet conditions. Transmission is in need of tiptronics for downshifting. I bought mine used and noticed a lot of windshield noise. If you don't like the looks of this car something is wrong. It does'nt mean you won't get along in the world, but something is missing!

Its the most reliable car i have ever own

by from Winston-Salem NC on August 1, 2017

This car has plenty of leg room it met all my needs. Its a very dependable mid-size luxury coupe. It has a V-8 engine in it that goes very fast.

Uses car for Havingfun