2001 Mercedes Benz E Class

Great on utility, reliability, & fuel economy

by from Columbia SC on September 14, 2017

We needed a station wagon and my wife loves it. We use it every day for multiple purposes. The ride is comfortable and feels very safe on the highway. The secure feeling we get in this Mercedes far exceeds other makes that we've owned. I very much look forward to driving it (when wife allows).

Safe, reliable, joy to drive.

by on August 23, 2017

Probably one of the best cars I have ever driven, from a cost/benefit perspective. They are relatively cheap to buy used, and are a whole lot of car. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat, but unfortunately have to sell the one I have as it doesn't have enough space for what I do. Buy it and you won't be disappointed.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

its alright

by from Renton, Washington on August 3, 2017

its fun to drive, easy to control and get up to speed, its a pretty smooth ride to drive and it gets pretty good gas mileage.

The best ride for the price

by from wolcott,CT on June 8, 2017

overall vehicle rides nice from 10-110 mph. Mpg is killer however, I average 17mpg here in CT where its a bit hilly. easily fit 5 adults in the car and go down the east coast. maintenance is a bit expensive , but It rarely breaks.

Best car I ever owned.

by from Porterville, CA on May 5, 2017

Best car I've ever owned, it practally drives itself. It's a smooth drive and very comfortable for road trips.

A pleasure to drive.

by from Havertown, PA on March 12, 2017

Timeless styling; good parts availability; timeless body styling; comfortable and quiet interior; a pleasure to drive

Great AWD Luxury muscle car

by from Pittsburgh on January 18, 2017

Bought this one owner e430 4matic Sport locally. Since it's older parts are readily available and reasonably priced. These cars are fairly bullet proof. They have a few known small problems like rear window regulators replaced mine with newer designed aftermarket brand. If you have even slightly mechanical ability you can fix it. Lots of videos on YouTube on how to repair. I've put over 10,000 miles and this car just purrs. It's got about 130,000 on it now. My previous car was a 97 e420 Benz got totaled. The 4matic is smooth and nothing has to be done except drive it. I upgraded all the fluids to full synthetic transfer case, transmission and both differentials. Upgraded rotors to drilled and ceramic pads also. A fun luxury muscle car. This car New was 60,000 dollars. They can be bought for around 5,000 dollars. Great bang for the buck.

Most performance and style

by from Very Beach, FL on April 27, 2016

Performance will satisfy the driving enthusiast. Styling is classic that never gets old. Comfort is great around town or long haul. If you don't like this car you don't like driving.

Superb!

by from Dallas, TX on May 7, 2014

Over the years I have owned Pontiac, Opel, Audi, Subaru, Volkswagen, Isuzu, Jeep, Dodge, Ford, and Mercedes-Benz automobiles. The German cars in general were far better than the others, but my 2001 MB E320 is in a class by itself. Reliability, safety, performance, comfort, design...in all categories this vehicle leaves the others eating it's dust. I intend to maintain it as the last car I ever own (overly optimistic, I know). If you can find one that has been well maintained, buy it. You'll come to feel the same way about it that I do.

Look no further

by from NY on January 21, 2014

This is my 3rd MB, and if possible, I'll never own anything else. I think the value of buying one used is unbeatable. If you're rich, buy the new one, help the economy a bit, don't be a skinflint. These cars are built with such foresight and care, it's a thrill to realize how much goes into them. Kind of like French cars, except completely opposite ( I've had 3 Peugeots ). Take care of it, it will last a lifetime.NY