2007 Mercedes Benz Gl Class

Great car with LOT of problems

by from Carol Stream,IL on June 23, 2017

I have owned it for 2 years .It is a great vehicle,but way too many issues.Since I have owned it ,it is in and out of service.And costly.I still like this car a lot,it is great family car,but not reliable.Maybe it is just my car... But I do know that steering wheel buttons will get worn out on GL and ML mercedeses and same with ash tray popping out every time I drive on harder road.( my dad has 06 ML)

Mercedes GL320

by from Omaha, NE on June 8, 2017

This suv is spacious, comfortable and has the needed power to tow some serious weight (7000 lbs) It has been reliable and gets very good mileage for its size ( 20 in town, 24 highway) since its a diesel engine. I am very pleased and would buy another one. Maintenance is pricey if you do not know a repair place or someone other than the dealership.

Biggest Luxury Cruiser

by from phoenix, az on May 25, 2017

This is the most quiet SUV you can ride in regardless of the roads and noise outside. The airmatic provides the smoothest ride but be prepared to replace the air struts especially in a desert environment.

Very pleased with 2007 GL450 purchase Nov. 2006

by from South Glastonbury, CT on April 21, 2017

I have owned this car for 10 1/2 years, and it has never let us down! Still has a great ride for long distance traveling. New Country has done all the service on the vehicle. I feel very safe riding in the car. Have used it for local errands, short trips, and long distance trips. The most recent trip in 2016 was a 14,500 mile trip to visit National Parks in Western USA over 10 weeks. We towed a 23' Airstream trailer. It had no problems the entire trip. It now has 155,000 miles and hope for another 150,000. Excellent SUV! So glad we purchased this car!

Great Car!

by from Nevada on April 17, 2017

This car is amazing. Super reliable and has great road presence. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Full Size Luxury

by from Phoenix, AZ on April 8, 2017

Those who are looking to escape the harshness of the outside can find comfort and luxury with the GL

Definitely my first and last Benz

by from Detroit, MI on November 22, 2016

I fell in love with the GL450 the moment I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show in January 2006. Couldn't wait to get it in July. However, after the first five or so years, I began replacing suspension components and as the car crossed 100k miles, the jerking started. The dealer couldn't figure out what was going on. Three timing belts cut in 3 years, taking out components like the air conditioning and radiator and causing thousands of dollars in damage. Still the dealership couldn't figure out the problem. After doing a transmission flush and reprogramming the transmission, I gave up, expecting the part to completely malfunction before they figured it out. That happened very recently with the check engine light on and the P0016 and P0017 codes, apparently an issue Mercedes had provided an extended warranty for but it had happened to my car after the warranty period had passed. The dealer also said there were transmission issues and I was done at 170k. Kissing Mercedes goodbye and getting an Audi Q7. Also letting EVERYONE I know who cares to listen what a disappointment the car was. It's a pretty car but just garbage under the hood.

Heck of a Car

by from Dothan on March 24, 2013

The car is loaded with technology, & is great for safety. It looks great & has power. The only thing about it is that on turns it seems to float, which gives an unsettling ride for the passengers. Otherwise, a great family car

BEAUTIFUL

by from Maryland on January 15, 2013

I absolutely love this car! If you can think of an option, it is already in this car. It has to be the safest car I've ever owned. It is definitely the most beautiful. I don't advocate speeding but the faster you drive the better the car handles. I can't imagine that I will ever buy anything other than Mercedes from here on out.

great suv

by from springfield il on December 18, 2012

I don't regret purchasing this suv. Looks great an handles great. Can't complain but only had it for 2wks.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Mercedes Benz Gl Class