2005 Mercedes Benz Sl Class

Pristine condition

by from Cranston RI (summer myths only) on September 8, 2017

It can't get much better than this, it been in my fame since new,sister purchased new in Las Vegas ,passed away brought it to Rhode Island( had it shipped in I closed trailer, being over 70 and had to knee replacements it really hard to get in and out,but it worth the pain driving down the street lol,she's been a great family member and hate to see her go,buy this girl you'll be glad u did!

Used 2005 Mercedes SL500 with 63k miles

by from Houston, TX on May 21, 2017

Very clean vehicle, had lots of previous owners, but all the history was present and fully disclosed, 2005 SL500 with only 63k miles was a rare find, great value, great price ($18,000), great performance, and free oil changes for life from Bemer Motorcars in Houston, TX.

Love it

by from frederick md on May 8, 2017

It's an amazing car to drive, it takes a little getting use to. I like it how easy it is to let the top down. It is very fast and very sweet and also great on corners

Amazing ride!! Best car I've ever driven

by from North Carolina on May 7, 2016

This car is not only beautiful but fun to drive. It is definitely an eye catcher. I have had people stop me in parking lots to ask me about it. I love to be the first car at a stop light and to feel the power what I hit the gas pedal. Putting the top down is like watching the movie Transformers, with the push of a button you feel like you are in a completely different vehicle.

eye catcher

by from Philadelphia,Pa on August 27, 2015

I have a 2005 Sl 500 candy Apple red without a doubt its truly an eye catcher especially when the top is down, but more than anything it performs like a heavy weight champ . it handles very well around the curbs and it can run with the best of vehicles . I enjoy it most in the summer. its in the garage during the winter months.

Unbelievable

by from Dallas on August 8, 2013

This is my first SL but it won't be my last. I wish I hadn't waited so long. My son and I had dinner last night and he asked me as we were leaving " how does it feel to walk across the parking lot and know that's your car" Kind of sums it for me.

WOW

by from Chicago on June 4, 2012

i have had a BMW650, but this SL600 so far and 2700 miles later is something else. The V12 and twin turbo will make you feel young specially with the hard top down. What a car.....Enjoy if you can

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

by from on May 7, 2012

I love the performance and styling of my Mercedes-Benz SL-Class. I catches everybody's attention when you are on the road.

Best Car I ever owned

by from Ohio on November 5, 2011

This my third Mercedes! I still have the other two and love them all. I bought my first Mercedes E class new in 1985 . My 500 ML is great! This Sl-500 is outrageous!!

Best convertible ever

by from Seattle, WA on August 29, 2011

I started looking for a hard top convertible at the beginning of the year and settled on the Mercedes SL class after driving many others (including the SLK series). From there, it was just a quest to find the right options (pano roof, burl walnut interior, KeylessGO, and black on black). Originally debated between the SL500 and newer SL550 models but then drove one of the SL55 AMG's. OMG! There's no comparison. True...the SL500 or 550 is no slouch but with such a heavy car, all the added horsepower (493HP!) in the SL55 makes it sing. Honestly, it's really hard to drive it without a big, stupid grin on my face. :) I got pulled over once and, after giving me a warning, the cop dropped the official act and said, "So...how do you like it?" and we talked about cars for a few before he had to go. If you buy either of these models, be sure to invest in a battery charger, especially one of those that can provide a jump start when traveling. I had a slow drain going and had to call road service way out in a remote area since it wouldn't start. Lesson learned. All in all, if you're looking for a finely made convertible that will turn heads and give your friends serious car envy, invest in a 2005 or newer SL class. If you want all that PLUS neck snapping G force, paddle shifters, and 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds, make it an SL55 AMG.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Mercedes Benz Sl Class