2007 Mercedes Benz Sl Class

Great car. Great price. Great timing

by from Anniston, AL on October 8, 2014

I am enjoying every moment of this vehicle. I was researching Vette's and M6's and this vehicle. And as I was looking back through the listings on Cars.com one day. I came across a listing for a 2007 Mercedes Benz SL550 for an unbelievable price. And couldn't let it pass by. Contacted the seller and three days later I was on a road trip going to go get the vehicle. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Incrediable vehicle

by from Charlotte on February 15, 2013

This vehicle is very unique and was a special order car! Has every option plus the performance package and presidential wheels.

Great driving car

by from Chandler, AZ on November 23, 2012

I went from a 04 SC430 to a Sl55 AMG back in Aug 2011 15 months ago and the verdict is out on the SL55. The only thing I had to do was change the oil. The AMG seats are tight if you are over 6.3 230LBS. This car is scary fast and a head turner. Good value for the money if you buy 4-5 years old. 70% off MSRP of $128K.

Best Car Ever Driven

by from Marietta, GA on June 13, 2012

At 64 years of age and newly retired the wife and I figured it was time to spoil ourselves. Consequently, we bought a Certified SL550 with 28K miles because we had always admired the SL?s iconic styling. However, the jump in horsepower from earlier model years and styling updates made the 2007 the year of choice. My wife and I previously owned 2 Corvettes, G35, M35 and a LS430. However, I was totally unprepared for the pure comfort and driving pleasure I have experienced driving the SL the last two years. The steering is intuitive as the road "feel" through the rather ?thick? steering wheel is unbelievable. Most women who have driven it say ?the car seems to drive itself? with little effort from the driver. Cornering is like you are on rails. My Lexus had a driver?s seat that adjusted 18 ways but the SL has both seats that adjust 21 different ways for unparalleled comfort and the Bose sound system fills the cabin with crystal clear sound. Being able to put the top down quickly (around 16 seconds) has led to many a spontaneous moonlit drive coming home from a night out. Just returned from a RT to South Bend, IN and got 26.1 mpg using the very simple to use cruise control. Do not ever see letting this car go as the power and comfort are downright intoxicating. At used car prices it is one heck of an awesome driving experience not to be missed in my lifetime. Haven't experienced any reliability problems after pleasurable 9000 miles.

6 Weeks with an SL550

by from Chicago on May 15, 2012

We've had our SL about 6-weeks and think it's one of the best looking cars on the road. Compared to the Prowler it replaced (and I still love the Prowler), it's quick and silky smooth. The retractable hardtop is amazing to watch. The stereo system sounds very good, but the Nav. and radio controls are not up to the rest of the car (very cumbersome). The Nav. is crude. It's a really fine car and we are looking forward to taking it on a trip this summer. I would strongly recommend an extended warranty as 3 sensors have already been replaced and the motor mounts need replacing at 34K miles.

mercedes guy

by from CA on April 22, 2012

Bought certified with 56K miles. Wife asked "do you love it" and said I didn't know. Now I know. Love it. Took on 600 mile round trip from sea level to 6000 ft. and back and was comfortable the entire way, top down when weather nice, decent gas mileage on highway, and great performance. This car is one beautiful piece of German machinery. Have E350 coupe and this car is more comfortable and performance is awesome. Worth the money.

2007 Mercedes SL 550

by from Cochranville, PA on September 13, 2011

This is truly the Swiss army knife of cars. With the top up it's an excellent grand touring car, with the top down it makes a fun sports car, and when you step on the gas its part muscle car with a tire chirp and nice growl with plenty of pep. Where this car really shines is on the inside, the seats are infinitely adjustable and amazingly comfortable, the controls are logical, easy to read and adjust, the wood trim is tasteful, but it?s not over the top with an infinite array of buttons and switches. To me this is a modern interpretation of the original 60?s SL and doesn?t need video game displays to tell you what the oil pressure is. Ride and handling are what you would expect, in comfort mode most of the road imperfections are absorbed, the chassis is very stiff even with the top down and somehow the SL feels much lighter then the weight tape tells you. Is the car worth the new asking price of $100k plus, no way, is it worth half that with 30k miles, absolutely, every penny.

2007 SL55 AMG

by from Charlottesville, Virginia on September 3, 2010

Great car, powerful and handles very well. 19-22 MPG. Replaced front discs for 2,750 $, but at least I got two new 15" coffe-tables out of it.

Everything you want in GT car

by from Dallas, TX on May 6, 2010

Class, Style, Power, Luxury... some of the best ways to describe this car! Regardless of which trim you get, you are announcing to everyone that you'ved made it, and you know how to do it right. From the 550 to the AMG versions, the raw power and luxury of this GT convertible is in the top tier. Class and style are given as the SL class has always been a trendsetter yet timeless at the same time. Two drawbacks: 1. Gas mileage isn't good, but when you buy a car as an SL it's not the first thing on your mind. 2. Repair/Maintenance - You've got the option to buy extended warranty; so do it! Repairs will be expensive and having coverage beyond the first 4 years is a must! Aside from that, I purchased an '07 SL55 AMG and have not regretted it! Test drive one and find out. Even the non-AMG are still a great drive!

Best handeling car I've owned

by from Maryland, Prince Georges Co. on October 13, 2009

Mercedes has been my car of choice for twenty five years. Starting with the 88-260E, 95-S500, 2005-E5004matic, 2006-S500, 2007-SL550 the SL550 is by far the best handeling and car for the money.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Mercedes Benz Sl Class