2013 Mercedes Benz Sl Class

Fun car to drive

by from Dallas on May 21, 2017

Love the performance. Info system taking some time to get used to. The pick up is great. I can have my golf clubs in the trunk with the top down. The hard top makes it really quiet!

it could be better

by from columbus, ohio on May 18, 2017

you better have warranty or the maintenance would cost a lot, there are little things that will go wrong and will cost a lot to fix.

Best built car I've ever owned

by from Baltimore, Maryland on May 2, 2017

I've owned 3 corvettes, Acuras , lexus , mustang gt , and other Japanese vehicles. I must say this car is well built and does everything well , there's a reason why this car is an icon! The craftsmanship is truly great ! I will have this car forever.

Best car I have owned

by from Branson, Missouri on August 10, 2013

I had a 2006 and a 2009 SL550 - loved them both but the 2013 is a huge upgrade. More power , better handling, more room, more styling and more fun. I know the reviews are mixed on the styling but my wife and I love it - it is definitely a head turner - someone comments on it every time I take it out. We live on Table Rock Lake and I love driving it on the curvy and hilly roads. The way it hugs the roads and drives thru the curves cannot be described - you have to drive it on these roads to understand the sensation. I understand the car has automatic roll bars and I have tried to make them deploy. I have driven thru hairpins turns at speeds I don't want to admit - the car barely leans - and I love the way the seat hugs you on those turns. I have owned a lot of nice cars - but none compare to this one.

Perfect

by from Oregon on July 21, 2013

I have been in the car industry over 35 years and I've driven them all. This car has received a bad rap about its looks. It's much more aggressive than the previous models which I have owned. The previous models were looking soft the new design has an SLS vibe and it grows on you. This car will do whatever you want it to; smooth and quiet when you want to chill out. A beast when you want to have some fun. However the ABC suspension is a must if you enjoy twisty roads it keeps the car flat. Eco mode is the only annoying item; just keep it off the only fault I could find. The steering seems a bit light at first but you get accustomed to the electric assist power steering. Almost bought the 911 great car too but when I want comfort I also want a quiet interior. The BMW 6 series and 911 were too noisy for me. One of the best all around cars I have ever owned and I'm a big BMW. I just wanted a great coupe the drop top is a big bonus in the nice weather; MBZ got this one right period.

Entertaining Car

by from MI on December 20, 2012

The car handles better than my S8 with better pickup and better 0-60. The interior is very quiet with enough feedback from the road. Electronics are nice, B&O sound system sounds great. The display is first rate, but it should be a touch screen. Mercedes did an nice job on the exterior moving to an aggressive style given the constraints ? i.e. pedestrian collision in Europe makes the front end look a little boxy. Too bad regulation is ruining the look of cars. The exterior lighting is right without too much LED glitz. The interior is first rate ? being better than either the Audi or Lexus.

Front design of the new SL550

by from Florida on May 3, 2012

What were they thinking! The new front design is not pretty. Every time I see the front of this new model I see an SUV or a truck. There is nothing elegant about that. I am sure everything else is typical Mercedes-Benz inside and out of this car, but not the front. I own a 2007 and it is pure elegance.

Our Expert Review: 2013 Mercedes Benz Sl Class