1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

Great city car

by from Oklahoma City, OK on June 25, 2017

Great value in this car, air blows very cold, wipers only work on high, no mechanical problems, otherwise. This was my moms old car, just used to go back and forth to work.

Last Great American Car

by from RI on October 6, 2014

I have had 99GM, 99CV, 94CV, 2002 CV 2003 towncar. Smooth ride, cheap and easy to fix, long lasting ( think of the cabs). HP version with dual exhausts, alloy rims and rear air suspension I think is worth finding. Some have electronic instruments which is cool. Styling is getting a little old, in and out, seats do not hug you, but very still comfy. i average about 18 mg in mixed driving, 23 or so at >70MPH. The V8 is good enough for merging, and they handle better than you would expect, esp. the HP version. Live rear axle, so it shutters on bumps in corners. Even with traction control and posi-traction, nor a great snow car. I have one equipped with dedicated snows all around for the winter and it does pretty well. front fender, expect alternator failure at 60k. Size and weight count in crashes. One was hit by a truck @6omph, totalled car but all 3 pasengers were not harmed. If you find one,100k and well cared for, grab it. super value, and safe. I am sorry to see them go.

Great car

by from Orlando on January 16, 2012

Bought this car few months ago and fell in love with it. I was lucky to find an one owner car. It was an excellent shape mechanically. It is very quite and the ride is so smooth. Don't like the driver's seat. It is hard to find a good position to feel 100% comfortable. The seat does suck. It was probably intentionally built for old farts. No problems so far.

Last great big 8 cylinder

by from Dallas, TX on December 9, 2011

I am buying this car from my mother in law. Having driven expensive European and American sedans, they hold nothing over the Grand Marquis. I drove this car from Indianapolis to Dallas, TX and it soared across the highways with ease. No problems passing with the 4.6 litre engine and with a comfortable ride you can not find in the most expensive imports.

Hard to find one like this

by from Wixom Michigan on November 8, 2011

A 1999 Mercury, One Owner with only 69,000 miles I consider this a lucky find I looked for 6 months for something like this Rides like a dream Same Body Style as the old Lincoln Continental

so far so good

by from crown point, in on October 31, 2011

I bought my grand marquis in mid-July so I've owned it for nearly 4 months. I bought it with 70800 and I've put on 8000 miles already, which included a trip from Chicago to phoenix and back. So far no mechanical issues, affordable oil changes, good mpg for the size. At this point, highly recommended. Oh yes, mine has a sunroof, which is glorious.

Complete Comfort!!!

by from BALTIMORE, MD on May 21, 2011

I RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS VECHICLE (99LS) --BECAUSE I HAD AN ACCIDENT AND NEEDED A COMFORTABLE RIDE!!!!! WHAT A DREAM RIDE THIS CAR HAS TURNED OUT TO BE!!! EVEN THOUGH IT IS AN OLDER MODEL, IT STILL FLOATS ON THE HIGHWAY AND GETS GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR A V8!!! NICE!!! I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO LOVES A LUXURIOUS RIDE!!! WISH I HAD AVOIDED ALL THE FOREIGN AUTOS A LONG TIME AGO!!! I CAN'T SEE MYSELF DRIVING ANYTHING ELSE FROM THIS POINT ON!!!! LOVE THE GRAND MARQUIS LS!!!!!!

"bestest" car on the American road:

by from Baton Rouge, LA on April 15, 2011

It was the best car on the American for the price - pity it is no longer being made. I need to have a talk with Ford:

Best car I've owned

by from Philadelphia, PA on November 23, 2010

This car is very nice. Everything about it is good. i am a big and tall man, so it helps me be comfortable. It has a classic design. Whenever I drive it by a truck or an expensive car I feel happy, I do not feel any less than them. This car is one of the few cars left of its kind or type. This is the type of car I always drive. This is one of the better ones though. It's twin the Crown Vic is good but I feel like this one is more elegant.

A pleasure to drive.

by from Sacramento,CA on March 29, 2007

Attractive exterior and comfortable interior. Great handling with surprisingly good gas milage. All the bells and whistles included. I like this car.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis