2001 Mercury Grand Marquis

Dependable, smooth, comfortable machine

by from Oklahoma on August 22, 2008

Underrated classy vehicle that will give you your money's worth. Great suspension, safety features, adequate power. Mercury Grand Marquis will provide all you could ask for and more.

The best car i have owned

by from FLORIDA on October 13, 2010

I bought my grand marquis LS used with 52,000 miles in 2004. Now it has 200240.00 miles in 2010,and still running strong. Very comfortable and has a quiet ride. Hit a bump and it just floats over it. Simply the best car that mercury ever built. Normal tire,brake,oil change during those years. Never left me stranded. Highly recommended.

Solid full size transportion

by from Tampa, FL on May 14, 2012

I've been driving my Grand Marquis for 10 years, and it now has 169,000 miles, and still is going very strong. Total operating repair bills during the past 10 years do not exceed $3,000. Normal maintenance costs, and body repairs have been inexpensive compared to other full size four door sedans. All of my kids (3) don't like driving it but never turn down the keys. 4.6L engine is reliable, best MPG to date was 28 mpg during a ride thru the Florida Keys, low 16 city stop/go traffic, average 20 mpg city and 26 hwy after 10 years. This is a highway cruiser that is safe, dependable, gets decent mileage, and has low maintenance costs.

Excellent for comfort and MPG

by from Tri-Cities, tn. on February 28, 2011

The Grand Marquis is a 6 passenger Luxury car full of comfort with great MPG. The 4.6 V-8 gives it plenty of power.

Always wanted one.

by from Hialeah,FL on January 17, 2012

I finally got to buy a grand marquis last year.My 2001 had 42800 miles when I bought it.This vehicles are very reliable,safe,and comfort.Vehicle averages 20 mpg combined city & highway.Parts are cheap and easy to get.Working on the vehicle is also not to complicated.I would recommend this vehicle for all that are looking for a safe and reiable car for the family.I am ASE master automotive mechanic with years of working with police crown victoria,which are almost the same platform as the marquis.The crown victoria,grand marquis,and town car are no longer made,2011 was the last year,so get one asap...

Excellent niche vehicle

by from Long Island, NY on September 1, 2012

If your looking for a giant behemoth with living room dimensions and comfort, this car (and it's Ford/Lincoln sisters) can't be beat. The two tons of body on frame construction may not provide good fuel economy but it provides a smooth ride and 5 star safety. If maintained reasonably the V8 rear wheel drive set-up is bullet proof and should provide 250-300k of relatively repair free driving.

Reliable car

by from on February 15, 2011

I finally traded this car August 2009.---It had an honest 89,000 miles on the odometer.---I never had a moments trouble with this car.--Prior to owning this car I had a Lincoln Town Car.--I believe the Merc Marquis was built on the Lincoln frame WITH the same engine as the Lincoln. They run FOREVER. Styles change so I bought a Hyundai. I have only about 11,000 mi. on the Hyundai but I find it very comfortable, with plenty of power. The Hyundai weighs abt. 250 pounds less than the Merc.--I like and would recommend both cars.l

My living room chair on wheels !

by from central wi on April 2, 2012

The features are endless - climate control, power ajust lumar support. adustable peddles, pressition traction control, turning light comes on with turn signal etc. / 25 to 27 miles mpg on interstate - bought with 9o k 28months ago and now has 170k - feels like you can drive her as long as you want to , like say 300 k / just keeps on going with no changes / only flaw is there is short foot and leg room in back seats. Great car!

Best of the best

by from Powder Springs, Ga on December 1, 2012

This is my 3rd Grand Marquis in my opinion it's the best full size vehicle ever built. Ford made a mistake by terminating this model,in 2011.

"New car" at a used price

by from Chattanooga TN on April 15, 2015

Bought my '01 Grand Marquis in February 2015 with 2300 mile on it and the new car smell. Have been very happy still has original tires.