2005 Mercury Grand Marquis

Why drive small, when you can drive big and win!

by from Shakopee Minnesota on August 12, 2006

I've been a Ford guy for many years. My first experience with rear drive Ford product was a 1997 Crown Victoria Police Intercepter. It probably was the most fun car I've owned. My next rear driver was a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS. I bought this car with 40,000 miles, put an additional 110,000 on it, and was a committed buyer in the future of Grand Marquis. I sold this car in one day, and it was still a mechanically sound. Which brings me to the 2005 LS I recently bought. Besides enjoying the new (to me) leather interior, upgraded sound system, and factory wheels, this car is on par with any car in its class. With a mear 19,000 miles on this unit when purchased, I've logged an addtional 13,000 and never want to leave the cabin. The ride is as smooth as cars far more expensive, my milage has ranged in the mid 20's and I got all of this for less than $14,000. This is not grandpa's car anymore. And with Mercury being in the top 3 of maintanance free/best made cars of american manufacturers, what more could you ask for? If you want big car ride, and a more than affordable price, then this is the car you need to test drive. My only reservation about buying a 2005 model, is that it didn't have the flex-fuel option.

A Hidden Jewel

by from Buckley WA on February 26, 2011

Lot of choices in cars these days, So unless your in need of a 4 cyl car that drives you to an early grave, this is an excellent choice of Transportation. I commute close to a hundred miles a day, after a while the small cars start to wear you out. This one gets me home and to work feeling as though I've had a chance to relax a little before the next adventure begins. This is a Simple Comfortable car, no satellite navigation, USB, computer control, features that often turn out to be a bigger PIA than they are worth... just a simple get in sit down start it up and go car. You'll find plenty of room for you your Better half and a load of kids ... 2 legged and 4 legged. There is enough room in the trunk to bring the mother in law too. If you do your own Maintenance you'll find most every thing easily accessible, and affordable. This car is a mere 6 inches wider than a Toyota Corolla yet feels much larger. The fuel economy that I have been experiencing is equal to the Toyota I owned previously, steady at 25.7 MPG, With lower cost on Maintenance, and driver wear. So would I do it again... yes.

best bang for your buck

by from louisiana on September 4, 2010

have owned this car 5 years,48000 miles and only a heater motor replacement. good ride, excellent value, good mileage, powerful and a trunk you can haul a small pony in. plan on driving it many more years. neighbor has one with 233,000 miles and still going strong. got grand marque?

Love it.

by from Michigan on July 23, 2010

I just bought my used Grand Marquis and I love it. It rides great and it is a joy to drive. Comfort is top rate. I bought the 2005 with 31k miles on it and got a great deal.

A powerful car

by from Virginia on July 11, 2008

There are tradeoffs, gas mileage verus power and safety. I like the power, acceleration and safety of this vehicle. There have been no mechanical problems since purchase two years ago.

They should have

by from Ft Myers, Florida on May 29, 2012

continued to make these cars. Sure it could have used a redesign. But the basic car is Big. Strong. Quiet. Comfortable. Too big for around town IMO, but out on the highway it is magnificent. If you think you are comfy in your Accord or Camry or Sonata...............You ain't seen nothin'! Of course it is big. And Heavy. And uses a V8. But still, on regular gas, getting 24 MPG at 75 MPH ain't bad! I bought this one used about 3 m0onths ago Only 15,400 miles. For $12K. Like new. Will probably last longer than I do.

One of the finest cars

by from hammond, ind on October 29, 2010

So far this is a fantastic car. Mileage of 17/25 and a Lincoln ride. Napleton lincoln in Blue Island, Ill. treated me great. Mike , a new salesman was equally great. Wonderful follow-up.

My forth previous Crown Vic and Town Car

by from South Carolina on June 21, 2008

50,000 and not a dime except oil & filter. Originial tires at end of life but brakes only at 50% Great ride, good comfort, well worth the loss of 5 mpg to smaller cars.

Most comfortable well equiped car we've owned

by from Mesa, AZ on November 14, 2011

Extremely attractive car with tan cloth hardtop. maintained by the book, in excellent condition. Looks like new inside and out. Battery, tires and brakes all 80% left. Priced to sell. Must see to appreciate!!

They shouldn't have stopped m aking them

by from New Jersey on January 23, 2014

I loved mine. If you don't know they have a 5 star all around crash rating. That mattered. My wife and daughter were in an a snow storm accident and hit a concrete median. the car was totalled :( but they walked away without a scratch. Before that the car was utterly dependable with the exception of a fuel pump issue. Would I recommend this car? Yes. God and the Ford motor company kept my family safe.

Similar Models