Model Details

2006 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews

Average based on 27 reviews

Great Buy!

by from Madison, CT on August 12, 2010

Bought the V-6 Milan (not premier version) within this past year after it had been a company car for its first 38k miles. Car was in perfect condition, aside from having a sticking caliber on the back wheel within the first 5 months. With the warranty it only cost $100.00 to fix and it caused no other problems then or after. The only other financial roadblock I have hit is buying an all new set of tires, but that was expected since I drive so much. The biggest annoyance I have with the car is how loud it drives when at speeds about 50-60mph. Without the radio on, the engine noise is extremely difficult to ignore. Other than that, its a champ! The V-6 is the perfect amount of power for the size of the car. I do regret not spending a little more money to get the premier version Milan with the sunroof, leather and different interior design but it wasn't what I was paying attention to during my car-shopping process. This car is an excellent buy for any age and everyone should at least give it a test drive to see if it fits their lifestyle.

Greatest Car ever! and it is beautiful!!!

by from Cleveland, OH on October 26, 2010

I love my Milan. It is sleek and stylish. I get unbelievable gas mileage and the handling is excellent. I have not had a single mechanical problem. I have recommended this car to all my friends and family!

would buy it again

by from on July 17, 2009

great car, lots of fun and very reliable. Bought it new in 07 (left over) this car is loaded with V6 and still gets good mileage. Car now has 18,000 miles and only has had oil changes. No noise, rattles or any thing else.Lewiston, Me

Milan - Equal to Toyota or Honda

by from Sterling Heights, Michigan on August 30, 2006

We recently leased a V6 Milan Premiere and just love it. It handles and rides very well. I have driven Toyotas and Hondas in the recent past. This Mercury is equal to or surpasses them in every respect. I have always been a Buy American person but lately American cars have left me unsatisfied. Now, Ford/Mercury is back on track! I hope that the word gets out on just how good this vehicle is. We got the red outside with tan leather interior. WOW it really looks rich too.

Great car for the money

by from Bethlehem Pa on April 4, 2012

I have a 2006 Mercury Milan Premier I-4. I like this car a lot looks great inside and out, but it is not perfect. The paint under the hood is starting to peal of the body and around the gas cap area. It doesn't turn well at all in parking lots and you can't see the back of the car in the mirrors. My automatic transmission went out at only 77k and had to be replaced. Took a Ford Dealer 4 weeks to get it back to me since I purchased an extended Worrenty. They wanted to make sure it wasn't driver error. It wasn't it was a mechanical failure so they paid for a reman unit but it took them 4 WEEKS. Aside from the problems I have had I still live tis car. It it great the 4 cylinder Mazda engine has good power and gets 32-35 mpg average on the open road. I plan on keeping this car for a long time maybe even over 200k. Ford did give me a 3 year 36k Worrenty on the remanufactured transmission and they paid for a rental car while the Milan was down. The price of the car was great way cheeper that it Asian or Europien counterparts and it came fully loaded with leather, heated mirrors, automatic climate control/ headlights, 6 disk cd changer but no aux input. So I would still recommend this car and my next car will be a FORD.

Classiest car for most reasonable price Ive owned

by from Sutherland, IA on June 26, 2009

I'm very happy with my Milan and I plan to keep it for a very long time. Drives nice, good stereo, and decent gas milage.

Fun Car!

by from Austin, TX on August 5, 2010

This car is a great drive! Tight steering, plenty of pep, and luxury features that make you comfortable for any ride. The fuel effiency in town is about 18mpg in Austin and about 28mpg on the highway. I've noticed it has two settings for acceleration, fuel efficient and race-car. The fuel efficient mode is rather sluggish and tends to hesitate. If you decide you need to accelerate in a hurry, it takes half a second to respond, then she feels competitive for drag racing (I've never... I've only heard... ok, I have a lead foot and like to go fast). The turning radius is disappointing, more like a full-size SUV. But, it's a fun car with lost of personality!

Awesome!!!

by from Jacksonville, FL on July 20, 2006

I've had this car for about 3 months now and I love it!!! It's fast and sexy at the same time. Once you test drive this baby you'll have to buy it. It's an awesome car and I'd recommend it everyone!!

Great Car for the Money

by from on May 12, 2010

Beautiful car for a great value! My average gas mileage hovers between 23-24.5 depending on the amount of highway driving I do. Two things I wish I would have known before purchasing; this car does not have the best pick up and it does not have a good turning radius. I recommend trying a quick acceleration on the test drive as well as trying to parallel park and even just parking in a regular spot before making a firm decision. Regardless, I still love the car and would recommend to a friend!

My best car ever

by from Warrior Run, PA on September 8, 2009

I bought my 2006 Mercury Milan I4 Premier with 34k. Its the nicest car I've ever owned and its a keeper. My only negative comment is, its difficult to see backing up.Otherwise, I highly recommend it.