2003 Mitsubishi Galant

Test and inspect the heck out of this car!

by from Nashville, TN on August 22, 2017

The car is a great vehicle to get you to A and B, easy car to pay off if the price is cheap. Don't let a dealer or private seller jip you out of your money because these cars can have a lot of problems if you don't test drive it or inspect it. It's great on gas, air conditioner works great, it's mostly the inside involving the engine and computer you may see problems. I have my car checked out all the time and they can't find a problem unless the 'check engine' light is on. Luckily, I only had one owner. Bought is December 2014, it's now August 2017 and I feel like it's on it's last leg. Paid it off last year. Just be sure that you check EVERYTHING so your car doesn't give out so soon.

Most reliable of the ones I Owned

by from Romeoville, Il on July 10, 2017

Great. Love the styling love performance and longevity. Owned it since I bought it, through the last rip to junk yard. Made over 200000 miles on it. Easy to maintain and up keep.

This car is a trooper!

by from Nashville, TN on April 30, 2017

How I would describe this car, it's like a Honda; it'll last long and it'll survive as long as possible as long as you take care of it. Mantience on it is easy, there's no foreign complications for mechanics like you'll get with Lexus or BMW. Most mechanics know how to operate on this vehicle. Parts are cheap too, and oil changes are a breeze. Easy car to start off with for a teenager or a young adult.

2003 Mit Galant bought in 2014

by from North Texas on March 14, 2014

I got this car from a private seller. The a/c has to be totally replaced and I had to get another window motor for the driver side. Aside from that, it gets about 26.6 mpg mixed, really has a lot of power on the road, pretty tight handling, sometimes too tight lol. Good brakes, tran, engine, everything so far. I would recommend this car to someone if it's from a private seller. If it's taken care of then it is a good car. I've been driving this car all over the place the last month I have had it and it seems to handle it all well. Of course Mitsubishi and their paint job leaves a lot to be desired but can't expect a perfect car when it's 11 years old right.

good car

by from Philadelphia on January 7, 2013

I had a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES for a little over 8 years. I put 140,000 miles on this car and never had trouble with it. I would have kept it longer but I traded it in.

great car

by from alb,nm on December 1, 2012

I owned a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant from 2004 til 2012. It was and still is a great car. I took it on road trips, back and forth to work, and all over town. Regular maintenance was all it took. kept the oil changed every 3-4 thusand miles. Still no leaks or breaks. replaced the timing belt, water pump,brakes, and struts. My son now has this car and it is still going strong. Great car, nothing fancy, but very reliable

EXELENT CAR!!!

by from on July 10, 2012

Wow, Mitsubishi can make cars... bought it used and thought i will have to fix it a lot, i was so wrong had 2 accidents with it and it still drives like new. I'm still amazed that i have this car for 5 years and didn't go to mechanic besides for brakes and oil. I had Toyota and I visited mechanic more often. Overall more reliable car and much less expensive, GREAT DEAL!

never again

by from Independence,MO on May 12, 2012

Bought it used.About 4 months after I bought it,it started making clicking and clunking noises and the windshield washer quit working,the power windows wont go up all the way.

great car, hate Audis

by from Honolulu, HI on August 1, 2011

Overall this car lasts a long time. Its super cheap on parts and it is quite fast. It is very reliable to me!

Great Car!

by from Virginia on May 11, 2011

We had a 2003 Galant we bought brand new and had until 2006 when we skid into another car and it ended up totaled. Up until then it was a great car and still was to the day they totaled it. Never had any problems out of it and I am convinced to this day that the car saved my life. Very safe and reliable vehicle! Would recommend to anyone looking for a used car.