NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Mirage

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage

4.3

Have You Driven the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage?

Love my little Mirage

by Not New to This from Portand, OR on Sun May 29 2016

First of all, don't just take professional reviews to heart. I suggest you take this little runt out for a drive and see it for yourself. I was disheartened by all the bad reviews, so I almost didn't do a test drive. I however, decided to, and glad I did. The 2017 does improve it's handling my stiffer spring and stabilizer bars. The looks has also been improved. I decided on a white ES over a Wine GT. I decided to take the car through the hills surrounding Portland, and the car had no problem with the hills. I also took it out on interstate and it had no problem keeping up with the flow of traffic. I was pleasantly surprised by the 3 cylinder's 78ho power. Remember, this car is one of the lightest in the USA with only 2000lbs to haul around. My CVT keeps the car in a perfect powerband, while returning over 40 mpg on every tank to date. I will be upgrading the 14" to 15" alloys eventually. Also, there is no center arm-rests-console in the front, but there are many aftermarket options to fix this missing necessity. I seriously love this car, if you're expecting a race car, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a practical car that will get the average person around without an itch of problems, then go for this Mirage, It's really a great little car.

Excellent Value

by KTK from Lexington, KY on Wed Sep 14 2016

I commute about 30-40 miles a day. Great commuter car. Best price of any subcompact, great fuel economy, great standard options on the base ES hatchback. It has no trouble merging onto highways with the CVT transmission, sips gas, has Bluetooth and power windows & locks, is fairly comfortable and safe, has much better cargo volume and twice the warranty and roadside assistance of the Spark. You can't go wrong with the 2017 Mirage if you're looking for a worry free commuter. I love it. I would buy one for my college-bound son if I could. If my opinion changes, I'll update my review, but a week in, I am very pleased. I appreciate Mitsubishi for making a decent, economical commuter car with a good long warranty.

Love my car!!

by Nicki2323 from New Smyrna beach on Sun Sep 03 2017

This is the most car you will get for your money with the quality. This is my 2nd one and I love it!!

Great car overall

by Hughes12 from Canyon, TX on Mon Mar 20 2017

Great gas mileage, good amount of room for the size of the car, nice features and nice styling. Overall great car and I would recommend it for a first brand new car.

Mirage beats Porsche 914!

by 007drivesamirage from SLC,UT on Sun Aug 19 2018

Yes, it's true, the 2014-18 Mirage is 'faster' 0 to 60 mph than the original 1970 Porsche 914! (The 914 has rear wheel drive, a bigger engine (1.7), more hp (80), more torque (97) and the same weight as the Mirage). Yet there are folks out there who are surprised/disappointed that a car with 74-78hp (the Mirage) isn't 'fast' in today's world. Mitsubishi has hit the mark with its new Mirage! I agree with those who say, 'people don't understand this car.' Even though the new Mirage will run door to door with a DeLorean (130hp) in the quarter-mile, that's not the way to appraise this car. Read about Mirage's great features others have written. A new 1970 Porsche 914 in 2018 dollars would cost you about $22,886. The new Mirage is a much better car for about half that amount! Better warranty, better tech, better mpg and yes, 'faster' too. Would I buy my Mitsubishi Mirage again? Yes. Got my 2017 SE manual 12/17 and my 2017 SE CVT 2/18. (FYI, the center-armrest for the Toyota Yaris will fit the Mirage. Just saw off the nub on the bottom of the post and wrap a single layer of bicycle inner tube around the post. Fits just fine in the cup holder.)

Currently at 117,709 miles.

by tagman122 from Seattle, WA on Tue Feb 26 2019

It’s an okay car. I work as a security guard and only make about 33k a year, and I needed a cheap new car that I could depend on, to get me to work. Bought it in summer of 2015 and have had it ever since. If it lasts to 200,000 miles without any major issues, I’ll likely buy it again. So far, the only problems I’ve had are the starter (under warranty, 30 minute repair at the dealership) and that’s it. It’s not an impressive car, but I’ve ran it hard and it’s still chuggin along. Props to Mitsubishi for making a decent, cheap car for the working man.

Small family reliable car

by RodCal's from CDO on Wed Sep 27 2017

This car is very nice and it's very good for city ride. The gas are really efficient, I spend 2k only for 750 km travel. The suspension of this car is very good.

Up to 59 MPG All Gas.

by Po from SAN GABRIEL, CA on Tue Jul 31 2018

Average 43 MPG, $20 to fill it from empty, $12,000 brand new, 10 year/100,000mi warranty. There's nothing to lose. The car is tiny and there is a serious lack of power, but unless you're going to be carrying 3+ passengers and/or cargo, and racing people on a daily basis, it really doesn't get better tan this, especially if you're trying to save money.

Just what I wanted

by KittyKat from Central Pennsylvania on Thu Jan 18 2018

I've enjoyed owning and driving city cars for the last 40+ years. The Mitsubishi Mirage is exactly what I was looking for in my newest city car, and I am thoroughly pleased with every aspect of it!

Definitely most reliable car I’ve ever owned!!

by allyjv from San Clemente, CA on Tue Oct 02 2018

The gas mileage is insane and the car is super user friendly! So many cup holders! The back seats are perfect for car seats and when you lay the seats down flat you can fit a lot! A lot of room for such a small car!

1 2 3 4 5 6