4.4
Average based on 9 reviews

Great for work/travel/fun

by from Chicago, IL on August 18, 2007

I've owned this car for three years and I have had no major mechanical problems. I've fixed the AC, and had brakes put on and I'm up to 86,000. I do need a flex pipe becasue it's starting to get a little loud when I hit the gas. The lights go out all of the time though. (Interior and Exterior) so if you buy this car, keep some spare bulbs--you will need them. The ride is smooth and I like the look of it. It's great for moving stuff.

I love my Montero Sport

by from Raleigh, NC on April 12, 2011

My Montero Sport now has 160k miles on it and besides having to replace the alternator I have had no major problems with it at all. It handles very well, has a very good balance between power and weight and has plenty of space for me without being too big. Very nice and one of the better cars that I have owned over the last several years.

VERY RELIABLE CAR AND GREAT LOOKING

by from HOUSTON TX on April 3, 2008

I BOUGHT THIS CAR USED AND I HAVE HAD ZERO PROBELMS I LOVE IT ITS A GREAT CAR ITS HAS LOTS OF SPACE AND THE FEATURES ARE GOOD

Luv my suv

by from Bothell wa on March 7, 2010

I would recomend this suv to anyone. We love this truck and would not trade it for anything. we actually want another one. BUT, we only like the 2000 model.

Good SUV

by from Olathe,Ks. on November 14, 2007

Had an extended warranty and had the notorious oil seals replace behinde the engineand anything that could be fixed! Need ceramic brake pads! 4x4 sensor went bad! Very soild vehicle. Comparable to the 4runner (have one of those also). Runs excellent! Just your normal small things that needed replaced other wise great vehicle!

12 years, 160,000+ miles

by from Tulsa, OK on December 6, 2012

Finally traded our 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport in on a new car. The Montero Sport lasted much longer than we ever expected. We took good care of it and serviced it regularly, and we had very few problems. We definitely got more than our money's worth. We traveled across the country, on-road and off-road. 4-wheel drive was great in snowy conditions. If you come across one of these that has been well cared for, it should last for many, many miles!

Ye old Faithful

by from Grand Forks, ND on March 10, 2015

I bought this car when my Nissan got totaled in a crash. I bought it for a couple grand at a dealership and was quite hesitant as it had 184K on it. I am not disappointed. This car has been reliable and with routine maintenance I have kept this car running well and am well over 200K miles and going strong. This car is great.

Value for the money

by from Baltimore on July 16, 2013

This is the second Montero I owned. This is definitely one of the best SUV that Mitsubishi ever made. Very reliable and good value for the money.

2000 montero sport 4x4

by from Knoxville tn on March 27, 2015

My 2000 montero sport has 290k and still running strong, feels like maybe 50k. Im overly impressed with it. Ill probably keep this thing forever! Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned or even seen!