Average based on 5 reviews

Love the car

by from san jose,ca on July 28, 2006

I just recently purchased my 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited Sport and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it yet. My friends can't belive how much I bought it for. It looks like it would cost a lot more. They all are going out and buying this car now. I like the interior and exterior look of this car. It also has great gas milage as well, which is a plus these days. I would recommend it to anyone.

Most reliable SUV out there

by from FL on August 20, 2006

This SUV is the most attactive and the most reliable SUV I've ever driven. Drives like a car and has the strengh of a truck. Great vehicle. My hat's off to Mitsubishi!!!

Great SUV, I've owned mine since 2001

by from Charlotte, NC on November 8, 2009

I bought my 2001 Montero Sport Limited new and have had it since. It's a beast in both snow and mud, and is very reliable. The heat gets how quickly and the A/C is very cold. One feature I really like is the rear heat, because I have a young child. On a cold day he rides comfortably.

LOVE my Montero

by from Central NJ on September 15, 2013

I bought my Montero Sport new 12 years ago. It has 150,000 miles on it but it still rides well and starts every morning. I just replaced the original battery! My only glitch is the 4WD switches which tend to stick if they aren't used. Put the Montero into 4WD twice a month for a few miles and the switches are problem free. This is a great SUV. I can't understand why Mitsubishi stopped producing them. Foolish move on their part. The Outlander doesn't even come close to the Montero.

Best Looking Best Value

by from Milwaukee on January 18, 2015

This SUV is big and beautiful. Rides like a dream, plenty of power at 197 hp (Limited version). I'm 6'2 and have some difficulty entering and exiting due to high floorboards designed for max offroading efficiency, but I can live with it. 5 stars for everthing else. Ours is a 2001 model and looks much younger..it's very sharp. The heater and air will blow you out of the car. 4WD is easy to engage and gives you a great feeling of security going through big snows here in Wisconsin. LOVE this vehicle!!