2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Great Deal

by from Nashville. TN on June 21, 2010

My Montero had 300 miles on it when I purchased it, Just hit 100,000..no major problems..keep oil changed regularily. Runs like it did the day I purchased it

GREAT SUV

by from on November 28, 2009

Could you imagine l bought this SUV with 170,000 mileage? But guess what, it runs like new. Only had to replace the pulley, which was broke for montns, but never stopped the vehicle. I mean it really runs like a sporty vehicle, just as it was made. Gas consumption is also excellent. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

My Baby

by from Saskatchewan, Canada on July 27, 2012

I have over 350,000kms on my Mits which I bought in 2007 used. Have been across Canada and Eastern US with it...put it on a train to the far north of Quebec where they dont have roads and used it for hunting and fishing and drove it with semi tires for a couple of years.....It's very reliable, excellent choice. Parts are starting to need replacement now...and I have to order all my parts from the US and recently discovered an online order site from Canada which was super cheap. A Mits dealership wanted $150 for an inner tie rod end, I ordered it online for $18 from this site and my SUV is running perfect. Great value for your money if you buy one. I'm gonna drive it till it won't go anymore :)

Uses car for Off-roading

has never let me down

by from rhode island on June 29, 2010

I've owned my Montero Sport for seven years and 150k and it has been performing well since our initial purchase. We did have an issue with the transmission "chattering" but that was easily remedied with changing the fluid to a synthetic. I use it mostly as a truck now and I have to say that it can definitely haul it's weight in gold. I love this vehicle and only wish that it hadn't seen the end of production.

Worth buy !!!

by from OK on September 19, 2009

Hey, please dont buy this car new, rather buy it used cuz it somehow has a very low resale value for some reason which I dont now. I bought this one couple of months back with 50K miles on it, I did all the basic services +new tires and running ok so far. real value for the money, if you find a used one, buy it, check on trans and diff axles, definitely male looks!!!

Most reliable vehicle I´ve ever owned

by from Tegucigalpa Honduras on October 25, 2012

I bought mine online in the States from Honduras and it has been an excelent buy. Ideal for Central America. Have had no problems with it what so ever and have taken it to places that can´t compare to North America.

HAPPY SO FAR

by from B_TOWN on April 6, 2011

Bought my '03 MTS limited two days ago and drove home 200 miles just fine. Mostly highway. Gets OK gas mileage for an SUV. At 87000 miles it's in great condition. Great value. Can't wait to try it out on the trail. PROS: -Great handling response on dirt. -Very good sound system - Fun to drive -Lots of passenger\ cargo room and storage -Very stylish SUV -Smooth ride at high speeds -Not a clunker -Easy to drive CONS: -Over response of handling at high speeds (just takes getting used to) -Gas mileage is poor (as with all suv's) -Awkward to get in and out -Alarm system is touchy -Check with fine tooth comb for dents rust etc. ( very easy to miss when purchasing) -Not as much acceleration as I hoped it would have, but enough.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Car for all Season

by from Ottawa, Canada on September 1, 2010

The Montero Sport is a vehicle for all occasion ,all season and is very reliable. It is the smaller version of the Pajero which I have been using for more than 17 years for work and business.

Mitsu's Rock!!

by from TX on November 11, 2009

Hello All, I own one of these for 3 years and it has never given me any trouble. I just keep the normal oils changed and tires and routines check ups done in time. I have 150K+ and this is going strong. Offroad/snowy or wet roads are a piece of cake for it, handles really well.Yes, it is better than all the US made Suv's and even powerful and heavier than 4runner or Cherokee's or Explorer's. Yes had them all. Trust me, if you can find one less than 75K , buy it and you will never regret that you did!! I am on the look out for another one. Great all round truck, with awesome looks and performance. It would be the perfect SUV, if you can out some bigger tires and have a 3 inch body lift. Rugged looks, but when you driv you wont feel a thing, unlike 4runner. Both are Japanese made and I prefer MS over 4runner and all my friends envy, owners pride!!

Uses car for Off-roading

Nice...!!!

by from San Diego on March 3, 2008

Really nice Mid-Sized SUV. Engine is pretty strong and very responsive when needed. It could use a little more of interior space. It handles awesome off -road.

Similar Models