2007 Outlander

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

4.3

Have you driven the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander?

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned

by Becca612 from Newcastle, Washington on Sat Feb 14 2015

I bought my Outlander new in 2007 and after 8 years and 85,000 miles, I felt compelled to write a review on the value & reliability of this car. First the value, for the price this thing was packed with features. I looked at several of the competitors, mostly the highlander, RDX, and Kia but this thing was a way better value. When you add in the Bluetooth, proximity key, clamshell tailgate, AWD, 3rd row seating, you were looking well over $10K in other make/models. Also The V6 gives excellent acceleration. I blow buy other cars going up hill easily. Second the reliability was incredible, and for me why I felt compelled to write about it. Other than oil changes & tune ups and 2 interior dome light bulbs, I have never, I repeat I have never had to had one quality/reliability issue that I needed to get fixed. This is incredible considering the number of miles I have accumulated. Same battery, same belts, AC still pumps out cold air. Our other car is a Toyota Sienna and we've had nothing but quality issues, failing trim, stuck sunroof, draining batter due to electronics. Anyways, I will probably get another Mitsubishi soon, but this one still keeps going.

Great small S.U.V.

by Patrick from Scottsdale, AZ on Wed Dec 12 2007

The 2007 Outlander AWD XLS that I own is great. Almost had it for one year, I have put almost 85,000 miles and no mechanical problems, just regular maintenance. It looks great and it does get good gas miles compare to my previous Mercedes Benz S.U.V. It's a great S.U.V., that is very reliable, especially in the desert heat, and safe, which is very important to me. I'd wish that it get a little better gas mileage, but I have a PZEV engine which help out the environment, so it's not bad at all. Great S.U.V.

Most Value for the Money

by paxtech.blogspot.com from Munster, IN on Thu Dec 07 2006

I have researched and followed the auto news on this SUV when it was announced earlier this year that it will make debut in the US. I set my goals to wait before buying my very first car until the Outlander makes it in the market this November. Turns out the wait was very much worth it. It has the sportiest look in its class, compare that to the ugly CR-V and RAV-4, Santa Fe looks lame. For the price, You will get features that you would normally find in an SUV that costs 3 to 4K more, and even the more expensive competition does not have all it's features (like the paddle shifters). Do the math on these SUVs and it will become obvious that this SUV has the best value for money, the best warranty coverage. I finally bought mine 3 days ago, and I couldn't be happier. As a tip, if you can afford it, go get the fully loaded XLS with 4WD if it snows in your area. I live in NW Indiana and the car had its taste of bad weather the day I bought it and the 4WD didn't disappoint, I'm glad I made the right choice. Handling was superb. The tech toys in this SUV will instantly fill this review if I list all of them.Don't buy a lesser value car for much more money, get the 07 Outlander, more gadgets, high tech stuff, more SUV power with great fuel economy, for a significantly lower price than any competitor. I am very happy to have bought this car for a few hundred $ above invoice and a great APR% from Mitsubishi. Talk to your nearest dealer for the best deal! You can usually get it at a price way below MSRP. I did, and I am a proud and very satisfied owner of this fantastic SUV.

Great all around unit

by kapa from boston, MA on Wed May 30 2007

Based on the XLS version of the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, driving 190 miles a day on the Massachusetts turnpike. This SUV replaced my SAAB 2003 9.3, loaded with gadgets and stability. It has an aluminum roof, all-wheel drive, and eighteen-inch wheels with towing package and large cooling system fantastic.. The steering is nicely weighted, and the six-speed automatic can be controlled via paddle shifters. Big mistake for not getting the `Sound and sun? which the navigation system comes with, But Bluetooth, keyless start, and a third-row seat, and stability control is standard. Tire pressure monitor standard the rear bumper flips down for easy access to the cargo hold, which is great, LED tail lights are a nice touch. Plenty of space cargo, hidden compartment , with as many as 8 cup holders, and 3dc, 1ac adapter. Large mirrors, tinted windows great visibility all around. Much greater looking then Honda or Toyota, which you see every ware you look. I have it now for couple of moths over 4000 miles. Miles are not that great on highway 27 to 28 if going over 70mph will drop to 25. City like any other SUV miles drop rapidly. The windows are tightly shut but you still get Road Noise which is substantial but I thing the Goodyear tires are the greater contributor to this. You also do not realize when the shifting takes place it is smooth. Cornering and getting of the ramp is smooth. The stereo dash board is kind of hard to see on a sunny day. I thing the Mitsubishi Outlander, is much batter then the other SUV?s of its class I test drove. It has more standard options then the others. Much better looking ok it has some flows but there is life other then a Toy. I like it. tk

The Best well rounded and versatiled vehicle ever!

by Car Enthusiast from Boston, MA on Sat Mar 17 2007

The Outlander is the best for the buck. This fun and exciting vehicle will impress you evey chance it gets. Now thats just the begining. I choose the base XLS model. I had heated seats put in and the 30g hard drive navigation system put in. The features of this system is worth every dollar of the 2,000 dollar cost. In fact the aftermarket heated seats are better than the ones you get with the car if you get leather seats package. I went with the microfiber seats because they had were more comfortable than the leather ones. I wish i had purchased the power seats but the manual is sufficent but can be tricky finding a good postion quickly. The convience of this vehicle are overwhelming and will continue to impress as the days go by. The fast key system is easy to use and so helpful, especially when your hands are full. The handeling is like my friends Mercedes benz. The engine power in the outlander is all time efficent and planet friendly. Engine is amazing and is not loud or overly jerky. Being able to choose from FWD to AWD is great, making this suv very fuel efficent. I get about 20 in the city and an outstanding 27 on the highway. LOVE IT....... and filling up my 16 gallon tank is now rewarding instead of dreading it. The safety featers are amazing and comforting to know you are well protected. Boston just got ice and snow storm and the standard 18in tires gripped the road like ice picks, the ASC is amazing and not overly abtrusive, but there when you need it. Went through 9 inches of snow with not a hint of struggle. There are so many great features i can not list all of them. I love driving it through boston street and its turning radius is amazing and fitting for city life. I will have to say driving on the highway is the best. Out of all the small suvs this by far in my opinon the best. I test drove the RAV 4 , C-RV, jeep patriot, Compass. The outlander out drove all of them. STEVE Boston MA

Best suv

by F38hns from Nj on Thu Apr 26 2018

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander. Fully loaded. With Heated Seats. Auto remote Start, so you can start the car remotely and warmed up when you are ready to drive. Four Wheel Drive or you can say 4x4 truck, that can beat any snow. 4X4 Strong 3.0 L V6 Engine - With 3rd Row of seating. AC and HEAT works great. The SUV Runs and drives great. Motor and Transmission both runs smooth. It's Outlander so engine and transmission goes up to 250K without any hiccups. Has only124K on Odometer. With Bluetooth, Backup Cam, Navigation with Android Systemt for any smart phone connection.. Almost new tires, with high thread. Used for only 7 miles a day....No scratches..Extra Clean.. Oil Change every 1500 miles. NJ Inspection is good through 04/2019. Car is clean inside n out. Non smoker/non alcoholic environment. Kids friendly. Comes Original key key and two remote starter too. OVER ALL IT'S GREAT FAMILY CAR. FIRST OWNER...CLEAN TITLE.

Most reliable car I have ever owned.

by Rangers from New Tampa Fl. on Sun Jul 23 2017

Perfect for day to day driving in any weather. Had same car overseas absolutely no problems even after 6 years. Comfortable, save and spacious ride.

Affordable Luxury

by Outlander Fan from Iowa on Mon Jan 22 2007

The 2007 Outlander not only the best buy for the money when shopping for a mid size SUV, it is a great vehicle period. I searched for months and test drove several vehicles before finding the Outlander and never looked again! I looked at the Nissan Murano and loved it but was not impressed by the price tag, the Outlander has all of the features I loved about the Murano but for a much smaller price. The interior is beautiful and it handles great in the snow! I get so many compliments on this vehicle and when people find out the price thay are shocked! I have taken it on a couple road trips and the gas mileage is great and the ride is smooth. I absolutely love this vehicle!

BEST SUV VALUE!

by Smart shopper from Northern Illinois on Fri Jul 20 2007

This vehicle is stylish and will do anything the higher priced SUV's will do and get good mileage. The 5 year full warranty is also a plus.

Amazing Value

by Mitsu convert from North Carolina on Mon Mar 05 2007

I did a lot of research on replacing my old SUV. I looked at everything from the most frequently mentioned competitors to this vehicle (CRV and RAV-4) to more upscale brands (Acura, Volvo, Lexus), and settled on the Outlander. For the price you absolutely can't beat it. The exterior is beautiful, similar to a Lexus RX 300 with a boxier back end (translation: more room!). The interior is sporty and simple, especially if you get the NAV, which basically controls everything but the AC. The Rockford Fosgate stereo is amazing too. I'm far from an audiophile, but I do enjoy my music, and the Outlander has the best factory stereo I've heard. The 3rd row seat, while small, is perfect for when my kids have friends come over after school or practice. Factor in the power, handling, decent gas mileage, and safety features, and this is a fantastic all around vehicle. It's sporty enough that when I'm alone or with my wife I can crank up the volume, put the pedal to the metal, and feel like a kid again, yet roomy enough to fit my family of four and then some when needed. Highly recommended.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

Mitsubishi has been underachieving since it came to the U.S. It's a distant third or fourth behind Toyota and Honda in almost every segment, and its redesigned Outlander compact SUV is no exception. While the Outlander has a splendid power plant and some nifty features, it doesn't deliver the quality of the new Toyota RAV4 or Honda CR-V. It does manage, though, to deliver a lot of utility for relatively little money — and sometimes value outweighs any other deficiencies.

Exterior
The new wave of Japanese compact SUVs all look surprisingly similar. Compare the profile of the new Outlander with the RAV4 and you'll have a hard time figuring out which is which. The Outlander has a few interesting design... Read More