2008 Nissan Altima

Don't regret it for a minute

by from Indianapolis, IN on May 1, 2011

This car is all that is advertised. Assuming that higher gas prices would be here soon, I dumped my BMW 3 series for this more fuel efficient vehicle. I have averaged 30 MPH in everyday driving and on a recent Spring Break trip I got 36 MPH. Plus being able to run on 87 octane instead of Premium (BMW's drink this like water) adds to the savings. Reliability and handling are similar to my trade. Only wish the 2.5 S series had power seats.

Great Car for the Money

by from Fort Myers, FL on February 14, 2012

I bought my 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S last Fall from a new car Chevy dealer at a great price. The car looks and drives like new. I put 2.5 K miles on it and so far no problems. I am very happy with it. Although it's a 4-cylinder car, I really don't feel much loss in performance compared with my 2000 6-cylinder Nissan Maxima, however, great improvement in miles/gallon.

Poor Mans G35

by from Puerto Rico on June 25, 2010

Excellent car in all aspects. Comfort, A/C, radio, visibitlity, this car has nice pep. Gas mileage is awesome. Only problem I've been having is squealing brakes since new (sometimes) otherwise, this is a pretty nice car. Poor mans G35

Went from an suv to a car

by from BALTIMORE,MD on May 10, 2011

Ever since i traded in my nissan pathfinder 2002 for my 2008 altima i have never looked back. The gas mileage is great. I love it.. I drove over 300 hundred milles with only 3/4 of a tank if not more. Its very smooth and the interior is beautiful. Yes leather would have been nice but the dark interior still makes me happy. The car is comfortable and smooth. Pls do not sleep on the i-4 engine it still has plenty of power....GET THIS CAR DONT HESISTATE GREAT VALUE.

I love My Coupe!

by from SF, CA on October 27, 2010

i saw this Altima Coupe out on the street, and i love it on the first sight because of its styling. So, i went to the dealership and tried couple used Altima Coupe, include 08' and 09'. End up, i bought a used 08 one, and it wasnt a big difference based on the styling between 08 and 09's :) This Altima Coupe was so great on its look and comfortableness. My coupe is loaded everything except Navi. My car has leather seats, Bose, 6 CD changer, etc. It is very comfortable while i am driving. I like this car can hold 20 Gallons of gas, so i dont have to fuel up gas that often. however, every car has its own weakness. the Altima Coupe has blind spots, and it is hard to check even when you turn your head over. So, you have to be careful when you driving. When i get used to driving the car, the blind spots get no troubles for me. Another bad thing i can say, is the mileage per gallon. I have the 2.5S Altima Coupe, average of city and freeway, i only get 23-25 miles/gallon, but the car info paper says city is 25, freeway may get up to 32 miles/gallon. This car drinks a lot gas. However, the performance is good enough because it is a 2.5S. (of course 3.5 will be must faster, but it is not good for gas) I am in love with my Altima Coupe's styling and the driving experience. The Bose and CD changer can company me while i am driving, and i enjoy my car so much. People definitely stare at my car when i driving on the road. Altima Coupe definitely a nice leader car on freeways :)

Altima Coupe

by from Delaware on January 17, 2011

Car is awesome! Super fun and reliable at the same time! All the bells and whistles including safety features and warning lights that actually make sense.

awsome car

by from on July 1, 2010

I have been driving Maxima's for the last few years and moving to an Altima would be culture shock (I thought). The car impressed me with its 4cyl performance. I was a bit concerned because I was coming from a 3.5 and moving to a 2.5 but the Altima can hold its own and the mpg's were the icing on the cake.

Great car

by from on August 7, 2012

Ive had mine for a year and its amazing!!! MUST BUY! So much room on the inside, the sound is wonderful. Huge trunk space. So glad I bought this car

Nissan - Shift this Altima

by from Fort Worth, Texas on January 23, 2012

This is my third Altima, super hot looking car. Continously Variable Transmission is smooth as silk, interior is comfortable (could be classified as large car), gas efficent, engine is very peppy for a four cylinder. love driving this car!

excellent mileage and handling!

by from on November 29, 2009

This vehicle is fun to drive and handles well on the road. A big plus is the gas mileage also - I've driven one for several months now and really enjoy it. Gorgeous body styling too!

Our Expert Review: 2008 Nissan Altima