NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Altima

2016 Nissan Altima

Have You Driven the 2016 Nissan Altima?

SOCO '16 Altima

by SOCO Altima from Pueblo, Colo on Sun May 07 2017

I was looking for a new car for around 20K and using cars.com to do a 500 mile search and was thinking of going to Texas from Southern Colo to purchase a Ford Fusion 2.0T. During another search for new 2016 cars, a left over 2016 Altima SR popped up @ 18,100 from SCS Nissan. I jumped in the car and drove up to see if they actually had the listed cars and they did. I purchased a Pearl White 2.5 SR after a short test drive. I came home and jumped all over the net to see the reviews, comments, etc... and honestly cannot see where any negative comment would apply to the Altima. You see complaints about the engine noise, and in the same review that states the car is quiet on the road. All I can say is WOW! I ride with a friend that has a Honda Civic with CVT and I hate it. The Civic seems to rev and you feel nothing, or like the car should be moving. Not with the Altima. The CVT shifts like an conventional hydraulic transmission. I have not pegged the car full throttle open, so I cannot say what the CVT does when RPMs are maxed. The front seats are just the best. The rear seat leg room and seat comfort are just as good. The rear seat has more room than the Maxima and it shows. Yes, you will have to spend a little more to get into the upper end of accessories like leather, satellite radio according the reviews. They also state that the Altima's main competitors are the Accord and Camry which should tell you about the quality of the Altima. MPGs around Southern Colorado while highway driving hovers around 39-40 mpg and that is with the hills, grades and running the posted speed limits with a little more. My current complaints. The sun visors seem to be way too small. That's it so far. The professional reviews I think are skewed. These people drive all sorts of cars and most likely carry impressions over from luxury cars they drive and compare them to actual cars that working class people drive. I have never driven an Accord, Fusion, or Camry but I find it odd that any of those cars could be better in any aspect except for maybe a conventional transmission over the CVT. The 2.5 runs well enough to exceed the posted speed limit by a bunch and get you a few days in jail. The Altima does not feel under powered with the 2.5. If there are any complaints, I can live with it and gladly take the 39-40 mpg over the rest.

I love my Altima!

by Hot Rod from Burbank, CA on Sun Jul 24 2016

The 2016 Nissan Altima is the most beautiful one of all. The smart features on the car cannot be beat. The seats are super comfortable and the ride is incredibly smooth. I have the S model and I couldn't be happier.

Love my Altima!!

by Huro from Hardin, TX on Thu Dec 14 2017

I absolutely love my 2016 Altima SV. The 2.5L is an amazing engine. It is quick for a 4cyl, puts out amazing gas mileage with the standard CVT transmission. The CVT is amazing in itself. Smooth and seamless power delivery. No gears so no hesitation from changing gears. I can pass people at any speed with no problems. Gas mileage is out of this world. Went on a 986 mile trip to Disney World in Florida and only had to fill up once going there (went 658 miles on a single tank = 38mpg roughly). The blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, sunroof, dual climate control, and remote start is awesome. Interior may seem "boring" to some people, but I love it. The dash is well laid out and looks really modern and clean. I don't like really "busy" looking interiors. The seats are super comfortable. I have sciatic nerve issues and the seats make long trips easy. I am 6ft 2in tall and do not have any issues getting in and out of it. The microfiber cloth seats are soft and if there is any kind of spill, it is very easy to clean up (although I am super OCD about the cleanliness of my car). I honestly don't have any complaints about the car. In the exactly one year's time I have owned it since it was brand new with 54 miles, it sits at nearly 30,000 miles as of today. It has been to many states and on many road trips (actually went on a 450 mile road trip the day after I bought it). I plan on keeping this car as long as I can.

great safety features

by family car from Colorado springs co on Fri Mar 11 2016

Very comfortable Smooth ride with lots of extras even with the basic model. Can't wait to take it on a road trip back home

Altima

by Lee & Tina from Strafford, Mo on Tue Apr 25 2017

We purchased car for our daughter and she loves it. She has already had a lot of people tell her that it looks really nice.

by MissGravey81 from Centerville, Tennessee on Sun Mar 17 2019

This car has met all of my needs. Reliable. Comfortable. Beautiful on the inside of the car and out. I absolutely love it! It drives so nicely and is so quiet. I can barely tell that it is running. I am so happy with this car I am very happy with my choice to buy it.

Love My Car

by Capkeys from Charlotte, NC on Mon Mar 13 2017

I purchased a 2016 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL. I love everything about this car, the seats are very comfortable, the technology pkg is awesome, the mpg is great, its very easy to handle, and the Bose system is crisp and clear.

I LOVE MY ALTIMA!!

by Fino from MD on Tue Jun 13 2017

I have had to work with Nissan on little issues with my two 2015 Altima. But Nissan Corp was excellent! They were able to help me and make sure all of my problems were taken care of. Nissan ended up swapping out my 15 for a 16! The little modifications that they did for the turning and suspension are great! The car drives beautifully! I drive for 4 or 5 hours on road trips to NJ and back to MD. I don't feel a thing. It's not a luxury car! If you want something with USB, Bluetooth and some nice features like Siri Eyes and Navigation this is the car for you! I have a SL 2.5L, my friends like being in the car because of the look and the features but it's not a Luxury car. It's a great affordable luxury car and I love my Altima!

Beautiful inside and out! I love this car

by Adam, dog lover from Beloit,Wi. on Sun Jan 27 2019

Great everyday vehicle. Good gas mileage, pleantyof room for my 2 (dog) companions that go everywhere with me. Very stylish and I absolutely love the rear camera feature. Thanks again Nissan! I will be owning this car soon

so far, so good

by nb from DUBLIN on Fri Nov 04 2016

have only had it a few months, but very comfortable seats and ride. excellent mpg in the 4 cylinder. great value for the money.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21