NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Altima

2016 Nissan Altima

Have You Driven the 2016 Nissan Altima?

CVT Failed at 61,000 Miles

by Adambrauskas from Indianapolis, IN on Fri Apr 05 2019

I bought this car because of how smoothly it drove on the test drive. However, my CVT failed at 61,000 miles, which is 1,000 miles passed the warranty. It cost $4,000 to replace. I now know that Nissan CVTs have widespread problems and I will not be buying another Nissan.

Does not recommend this car!!

So Far I am leasing a 2016 Nissan Altima

by betty from Richmond on Mon Nov 12 2018

The only problem i am having so far is with my mileage meter. I can fill the car with gas. It will read approximately 371 miles. I will drive not even a mile and the meter will drop by 30 to 40 miles. It does that regularly.

by Steve from Port Wentworth Ga on Tue Mar 14 2017

Bought New Years Eve and have been very satisfied. MPG in mixed driving 29-33.... depends if I keep my foot out of it and out of sport mode. Plenty of room and comfort is surprising. Highway MPG is between 39-42 depending on my foot again. I have been so happy with this car I helped a co worker pick her new Altima out.

the best cars i've owned

by juan from holiday,fl on Mon Feb 22 2016

best in gas city or freeway wit 27 city and 39 .....the salesman marc harris help me out a lot .... i'll be back to him next time i need a nwer car or my family he got me a good deal ... me and my wife are happy wit the buy.....

2016 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV- below average

by Brian from Matthews, NC on Wed Jan 04 2017

I bought my 2016 Altima 2.5 SV brand new in October 2016. I have owned 2 Honda Accords since 1998. I was looking for something new and not a Honda. The exterior and interior are very good. The sun roof is great. The sound quality of the speakers are spotty. I think it has more to do with XM radio than regular radio. Acceleration is very poor. It struggles to pull out into traffic and get up to speed. 0-30 the RPMS rev up to 5000-6000. Going 0-60 puts even more strain on the engine. However, if you get it above 80 then it is really smooth. I have topped it out at 110mph. It felt like I was coasting. The MPG is terrible compared to the advertisements. I am getting around 23-24 mpg combined highway and city. City driving is getting me 20-21mpg as opposed to the posted 27 and I am getting 24 mpg for highway. I have reset the counter multiple times to see if something was off. But no warnings have appeared. Early December 2016 I brought it in for inspection by the dealer. they could not find anything wrong in their diagnostic. They updated something in the computer system and in the following weeks my MPG got worse. Ugh. I called the dealer Jan2, 2017 to give them an update and the dealer told me to call Nissan Consumer affairs because they could not find an issue 3 weeks ago and will likely not find a solution now. Nissan Consumer affairs called me back on 1/4/17 and told me the MPG are estimates. My point was that estimates should be close. My car is operating 30% less efficiently than advertised. She told me she was not a mechanic and that I need to go back to the dealer. The same dealer that said they could not help me and to call them. Catch-22 I am very disappointed so far. If things don't get corrected, I will likely trade it in for a Honda.

Does not recommend this car!!

Smooth drive, comfortable seating!

by stephmesaa from miami, fl on Tue May 30 2017

Being someone who has driven a Sentra SR for almost 5 years, I finally felt like there was a need for change and I'm so glad I chose the Altima! Although this version does not offer Sirius XM, I was able to make-do since it has so many other features that overpower just that one small flaw. The drive is incredibly smooth, the seats are extremely comfortable, and the overall look of the car is sleek and stylish. I love it!

Surprisingly fun!

by HondaFan from Burleson, TX on Wed Nov 14 2018

When I first drove the car, I realized that I would have to much fun driving this car. It was loaded with features and was a quiet ride. With the premium sound package, I felt like I was at home in my recliner listening to music from my home theater. Ergonomics at its best.

really sleek/sporty sedan

by mark23452 from va beach va on Mon Mar 20 2017

simply love my altima,from it's push button starter to the rear view camera when you're backing up it is really nice....also like the blue tooth where you can sync your phone and answer calls or make call from your steering wheel---total hands free driving,plus it will read text messages to you while ur driving--so cool.....and great gas mileage to boot!

Great car and even better price

by Tammy Salassi from Baton rouge on Sat May 20 2017

I am very pleased with the car and dealership I bought it from today. The salesman was awesome. His name is roschand johnson and I would definitely recommend him and the dealership to all my friends.

great looking car.it's my third one

by mark sharpless from tampa,fl on Wed May 17 2017

i replaced my altima i had totaled in an accident.the car was a perfect fit and just what i was looking for.

Our Take on the 2016 Nissan Altima

The verdict: The Nissan Altima was updated for 2016 and, while it doesn’t do anything badly, it doesn’t do much to distinguish itself in the midsize sedan class, either.

Versus the competition: Though its ride and interior quality are good, the Altima is hamstrung by engine noise and a driving experience that’s unexciting – even in this large, unexciting category.

The Nissan Altima’s competitors include the Kia Optima, Chevrolet Malibu and Volkswagen Passat. These and five other sedans competed against each other in our 2016 Midsize Sedan Challenge, for which I was not a judge. I tested an Altima 2.5 SL that cost $32,115, which is more than $4,000 above the... Read More