2006 Nissan Frontier

Not recommended

by from Wahiawa, HI on July 2, 2014

8 yrs owning Frontier. Happy w/ features & perf initially. Use for reg road comm. @ approx 85k-90k miles, the radiator+trans issue occurred @ $7k. Steering bearings, timing chains, cat converter failed. Then engine & transmission gaskets. Followed by fuel injector. Next, crank sensor. Highly UNrecommend Nissan based on our 8 years of unreliable performance. Never missed maintenance, yet still many problems.

Would not trade my truck for anything

by from Texas on March 28, 2009

I've had my Frontier since xmas day 2006, a present to myself :). I love it so much and wouldn't trade it for anything! The one item I would like to have had in it is port for an MP3 player. Can't beat a 4WD truck that gets right under 400 miles to a 20 gallon tank!

Truck Drives Like a Sports Car

by from Crystal River, FL on September 10, 2012

I love this truck! It's a 4-door pickup, but drives like a sports car. Has a 6-speed manual. I needed room for grandkids, but don't feel like a grandma driving this. It has such great pickup that I hope I don't get a speeding ticket. Gets about 19 miles per gallon so far. I bought it with 81,000 miles on it, but to me it's like new. My old truck was 15 years old. I would definately recommend this vehicle.

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (Nismo)

by from TN on July 29, 2010

I purchased a 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo edition just a few months ago. I love this truck! My kids (age 2 & 4) love the ride height of the back seats, they can reach the window buttons and love being able to see out. The bed has enough capacity for my day to day errands and I love the utility track feature. Power is excellent from a strong V6 & mpg is decent for the mid-size class. It is much easier to park and manuever than the full size Titan I had in 2004. The materials are easy to keep clean with minimal effort and the number of storage bins, cubby holes, etc are great. I especially like the tool box under the rear seat. It has met and exceeded all of my expectations for enjoyment, daily usability, and cost of ownership. Get one!

Best Truck I have ever owned.

by from Houston on December 1, 2014

I bought my 2006 Frontier LE 4x4 new and it has been the best truck I have ever owned. It is really quick and easy to drive. The 4x4 option is easy to activate and I use it when it is raining hard on the highway for added traction. No fear of skidding or hydroplaning. The bed liner and rail tie down system is a fantastic option. All kinds of storage compartments. And the roof rack comes in handy for that long lumber or extension ladders you need to carry. I have 230,000 miles on it now.At 65000 secondary timing chain tensioners. Catalytic converter twice, Don't buy cheap auto parts brand my mistake. Fuel gauge sensor and u joints for both drive shafts. Spent about 5,000.00 on above repairs at dealer. Looked at 2015 models and they are identical except they don't sell this model any more. Handy and functional for a do it yourself home owner in the suburbs that likes to take popup camper and motorcycle on vacation trips. At 120,000 I started using synthetic oil and only use premium gas now. The paint has never faded. (Gunite color). Its not perfect but It has been everything I could have asked for in a truck and still running strong. And the best part of my truck is its paid for.

I luv this truck!

by from on May 31, 2009

I bought my Frontier in the middle of 06 brand new. Today, it still rides and looks new. I have had no problems with it at all. Everything is still in running order. Good Job Nissan!!

THE BEST!!!

by from Bedford, TX on February 3, 2010

I am so glad I bought this truck in '06. I love everything about it except one small thing (small to me), the turning radius isn't as good as my '92 Pathfinder.

baddest tuck ever

by from denver, co on October 7, 2007

one of the best looking inside and out. definately comparable to the tacoma and in some ways better very reliable haven't had any problems in the year of having it.

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4 cylinder 5 speed

by from South Carolina on July 13, 2013

Love this truck. I had a Nissan Titan and loved it too, but needed better gas mileage. I ran across this truck after selling my Titan and swooped it up. It is great on gas (25 mpg) and has the toughest little 2.5 liter engine. It's not a Titan, but I did not buy it to pull an 8000 lb. tractor or race a corvette. It will do what I need and complete the task economically and with great reliability. Take care of it, and it will take care of you.

great truck

by from nc on February 27, 2014

118.000 miles,i changed tires 2x,and out a new battery in it,,that's it!!!! other than normal upkeep, (oil changes,front end alignments,etc).

Our Expert Review: 2006 Nissan Frontier