2006 Frontier

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Not recommended

by Kuliaikapono from Wahiawa, HI on July 2, 2014

8 yrs owning Frontier. Happy w/ features & perf initially. Use for reg road comm. @ approx 85k-90k miles, the radiator+trans issue occurred @ $7k. Steering bearings, timing chains, cat converter failed. Then engine & transmission gaskets. Followed by fuel injector. Next, crank sensor. Highly UNrecommend Nissan based on our 8 years of unreliable performance. Never missed maintenance, yet still many problems.

Does not recommend this car!!

Would not trade my truck for anything

by Natotiger29 from Texas on March 28, 2009

I've had my Frontier since xmas day 2006, a present to myself :). I love it so much and wouldn't trade it for anything! The one item I would like to have had in it is port for an MP3 player. Can't beat a 4WD truck that gets right under 400 miles to a 20 gallon tank!

Best Truck I have ever owned.

by Texan from Houston on December 1, 2014

I bought my 2006 Frontier LE 4x4 new and it has been the best truck I have ever owned. It is really quick and easy to drive. The 4x4 option is easy to activate and I use it when it is raining hard on the highway for added traction. No fear of skidding or hydroplaning. The bed liner and rail tie down system is a fantastic option. All kinds of storage compartments. And the roof rack comes in handy for that long lumber or extension ladders you need to carry. I have 230,000 miles on it now.At 65000 secondary timing chain tensioners. Catalytic converter twice, Don't buy cheap auto parts brand my mistake. Fuel gauge sensor and u joints for both drive shafts. Spent about 5,000.00 on above repairs at dealer. Looked at 2015 models and they are identical except they don't sell this model any more. Handy and functional for a do it yourself home owner in the suburbs that likes to take popup camper and motorcycle on vacation trips. At 120,000 I started using synthetic oil and only use premium gas now. The paint has never faded. (Gunite color). Its not perfect but It has been everything I could have asked for in a truck and still running strong. And the best part of my truck is its paid for.

Truck Drives Like a Sports Car

by The Family Delivery Gal from Crystal River, FL on September 10, 2012

I love this truck! It's a 4-door pickup, but drives like a sports car. Has a 6-speed manual. I needed room for grandkids, but don't feel like a grandma driving this. It has such great pickup that I hope I don't get a speeding ticket. Gets about 19 miles per gallon so far. I bought it with 81,000 miles on it, but to me it's like new. My old truck was 15 years old. I would definately recommend this vehicle.

best midsize truck made

by dobie from ft worth, tx on October 28, 2006

the best feature if my frontier is the power. i have driven all other small trucks and they don't even compare to the frontier. the interior is comfortable and quite.

great truck

by ep from nc on February 27, 2014

118.000 miles,i changed tires 2x,and out a new battery in it,,that's it!!!! other than normal upkeep, (oil changes,front end alignments,etc).

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

by Big bill from Florida on April 24, 2013

I have own many makes of trucks but my 2006 Frontier is just a great truck. Nice interior good power very dependable. With just 57k on it . I payed $20k new next year I am selling it I think I can get $14k not bad for a 8 year old truck. I plan to buy a LE Frontier

It's a good truck

by CarFan7 from on August 23, 2015

The 2006 Nissan Frontier is a good truck to me, it looks nice, although i think interior designs could be better, but it's acceptable, the performence is fine, same with reliability even though this truck had some problems, it made a great comeback, however, it's a little uncomfortable, but overall, I still like this truck, and I think the money's worth a shoot.

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (Nismo)

by 2006_Nismo from TN on July 29, 2010

I purchased a 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo edition just a few months ago. I love this truck! My kids (age 2 & 4) love the ride height of the back seats, they can reach the window buttons and love being able to see out. The bed has enough capacity for my day to day errands and I love the utility track feature. Power is excellent from a strong V6 & mpg is decent for the mid-size class. It is much easier to park and manuever than the full size Titan I had in 2004. The materials are easy to keep clean with minimal effort and the number of storage bins, cubby holes, etc are great. I especially like the tool box under the rear seat. It has met and exceeded all of my expectations for enjoyment, daily usability, and cost of ownership. Get one!

THE BEST!!!

by kwkslvr from Bedford, TX on February 3, 2010

I am so glad I bought this truck in '06. I love everything about it except one small thing (small to me), the turning radius isn't as good as my '92 Pathfinder.

1 2 3 4