2014 Frontier

2014 Nissan Frontier

2014 Nissan Frontier

Have you driven the 2014 Nissan Frontier?

last pickup I'll buy

by Lt from Elk Grove, CA on Wed Feb 05 2014

After our current 1990 Nissan pickup went 240000 miles with only minor problems, we looked at the new Frontiers. They outclass the older models considerably. They handle like a car with creature comports that match. It's quiet and the doors close with a solid "click" the older model never had. The difficulty came in finding a 4wd model with a long bed. I was told by several dealers they weren't made anymore, but perserverence paid off and a 2014 model was found on this website. So far, we're happy with the purchase. It included the upgraded sound system and backup camera. Both a necessity. The interior could be improved with leather seats, otherwise, ergonomically, it 's a comfortable vehicle with more features than I found in any other brand of it's class for a similar price.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Frontier King Cab SV 2.5 4cyl. Automatic 4x2

by White Guy Blue Collar from Kansas City on Fri Oct 09 2015

Have had this truck for about a year and a half now and have about 20K miles on it so I decided I would post a follow up review. Anyway, bought it brand new. I commute to work with it everyday and also use it for general purpose home owner type hauling. I use it to haul home improvement and landscape materials, furniture, etc. This little truck has been very dependable so far. No issues or returns to the dealership for repairs at all. No annoying squeaks or rattles. Just seems to be a very well built product all around. Actually got around fairly well in the snow last winter considering its only 4x2. The electronic traction control helps a lot. I like that the heater warms up pretty quick on a cold day. The 2.5L 4 cylinder isn't too exciting as far as performance goes but its dependable, quiet, and it gets the job done. I am generally driving 80% highway 20% city and have gotten as good as 25 mpg with it but normally get 23-24. Mileage drops to 21-22 during the really cold winter months. Overall just really satisfied with this little truck. The Frontier just seemed like a much better value compared to other new trucks I looked at. If I needed another truck I would buy another Frontier without hesitation. I just don't see how you can go wrong with a Frontier.

Former Ranger owner

by Truck Guy from Bethlehem, Pa on Sat Oct 17 2015

I currently have a 2015 Frontier 4x4 V-6 SV king cab with the value truck package. It is a great truck, rides very solid, has plenty of power. It is a great value for the price, (aprox $5,000 less than a comp equipped Tacoma, 4 wheel disc brakes, Tacoma has old rear drum brakes.

TnT

by GOOSE from St Louis, MO on Thu May 22 2014

Terrific Nissan Truck made in America! Let's get the not so terrific out of the way... I drove a 4x4 version of what I purchased in a 4x2 for several days while my vehicle was being delivered. The typical ride of a tight 4x4 was appearant and the handle did not disappoint, yet. Then the 4x2 came into my day to day life that the critics had pointed out the handling is sluggeshness, became a major disappointment! That being said, the prowess of 260+ HP V6 and the rest of what makes a vehicle the complete pacakge make up for the engineers over-looking the stearing and handling aspects of the design. It's not easy to descriibe what a confident manner this truck exhibits my instincts to accelerate and get where I want to go! I went from a spunky front wheel drive with amazing power to weight ratio, into this terrific truck by Nissan America. So I realize I am getting use to longer wheel base and being in a rear wheel drive again. I use to drive a truck made by a company with 4 letters in the name. I'll let the stearing issue slide for now and just enjoy the truck I'm for the most part thrilled with!

Best Bang For The Buck

by Carey O from on Tue Jan 17 2017

2014 Frontier V6 Crew Cab Long Bed SV 4X4: Great "little" truck . Easily tows my 21ft center console boat. Pulls my boat up a steep ramp in 4WD Low like it isn't there. Took it 4 wheeling in the mountains and it had plenty of power to handle the steep inclines. The engine brake worked well for decents...no prob. The spayed bedliner is impervious to scratching and the tie down system is very handy. The longer bed make for a decent capacity with the tailgate down. The interior is a bit "plasticy", but for the money I'm not complaining. The seats are comfortable and the truck rides quite smooth and handles well. I have a fairly long wheel base, so my truck turns a bit wide, but that's to be expected. I got a lifetime drive-train warranty when I purchased it, and plan to keep this truck for the next 12 years or so. I'm extremely happy with this truck and it's price point.

Great truck for the money

by Nissan Tech from Jacksonville, FL on Mon Apr 07 2014

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Frontier S King Cab with a 2.5L four cylinder engine mated to a five speed manual transmission. I had a 2008 Ford Ranger that treated me very well in the year and a half that I owned it and it only had 48,000 miles when I traded it. (It only 25,000 when I bought it). I wanted a truck with a little more room to it without going to a full-size and I wanted a manual transmission, The ranger was a regular cab with an automatic. I owned a 2008 Frontier that I bought brand new so I knew I wanted another one. This truck fits my life like a glove, Easy to handle, Comfortable, Capable, and the four cylinder has alot of torque and passing power. My daily commute is 43 miles round trip a day on the interstate and it handles it with ease. The space inside is awesome and all the controls are right there, easy to operate. It drives more like a car than a truck. My Ranger was a very rough ride and you felt every bump. I love this truck and hope to have it for a vey long time.

Frontier King Cab SV 2.5L 4cyl automatic

by White Guy Blue Collar from Kansas City on Sat Aug 23 2014

I bought this truck new and have driven it about 4 thousand miles so far. No problems. No issues. Very satisfied with this truck. Fit and finish is outstanding especially for a vehicle in this price range. Interior is comfortable and all of the controls are very easy to use. Great visibility and a firm but not rough ride just like a truck should be. The 2.5L 4 cylinder engine works just fine for me since I am mostly commuting to work and doing light hauling. If you are hauling heavy loads or doing serious towing you will need to get the V6 engine. 5 speed automatic transmission shifts very smoothly. My driving is roughly 80% highway and 20% city. I am consitantly getting 23-24 MPG which is right in line with what the sticker says it should get. The SV package with the 4cyl engine is the best truck value I could find and I shopped all of the other brands too.

Just bought a new Frontier crew cab

by Bluesman from Escondido CA on Sat Jul 26 2014

Nice truck, Looks good and lots of people ask about it. Mine has the 4.0 L V6 automatic. Gets up to speed real well. No problem with power. Room for 5 adults. Plenty of head room and well appointed. The folks at Nissan treated me like a human and the service was great so far. Only have 290 miles on it so far so I cant comment on the fuel mileage.Get back at you.

This truck blows me away - that's a good thing!

by Just Dave from Atkins, VA on Sun Aug 10 2014

Not quite 1000 miles yet but I just love this truck. Everything that I need. Got the SV crew cab, 4x4, 6 cyl, towing pkg, xm radio, running boards. Everything you could ask for. Getting 17 mpg around town (sometimes with a trailer behind), got 17.9 last tank with a little more expressway time. This thing is very responsive, roomy and comfortable. My partner has a Toyota 4 runner and this truck drives and rides just as nice. I will post an update when I roll over 250,000 miles. Keep smiling!

Finally, switched from Ford to Nissan

by FIRST TIME NISSAN BUYER!! from Womelsdorf, PA on Sun Aug 03 2014

Been driving Fords for years. Finally bought a slightly used Nissan Frontier with 55 miles on it. Couldn't be happier:) my salesman, Terry Dinger, is the best in Berks County.. No pressure, very knowledgable , got the vehicle I wanted and the deal I wanted. My family and friends will hear how great Eisenhauer Nissan in Wernersville , PA Really is!! Best car buying experience I've had EVER!!!

1 2 3 4