2006 Nissan Maxima

The most comfortable and reliable car I have ever

by from Ca on July 11, 2017

This car has been the most comfortable, quiet riding car I have ever owned. I have never had a mechanical problem with it and it has been a joy. This is a big sedan and since retiring I need a smaller car. A wonderful buy for anyone. It has under 59,000 miles, unheard of for a 2006 car, I am the only owner, it's CLEAN, smoke free with all the bells and whistles of newer cars. The memory seat/steering wheel/mirrors is great, you never have reset anything and I love the heated seats and steering wheel.

Decent ride

by from Mount Vernon on June 25, 2017

Ive owed the 2006 Nissan Maxima. It is fully loaded 3.5 liter with a 6 speed manual transmission. I have had few problems with the it except 3rd gear keeps going out on it.

Was good for a few years

by from Kansas on June 25, 2017

Liked it when it was newer. It was good for the first 4 years or so. Shot the car when it was 4 years old

This car sucks Do not buy this.

by from Long Branch NJ on June 8, 2017

This car is by far the worst car I've ever owned. I purchase this car brand new in 06. First few years was fine and then this car became a nightmare. I've had my breaks done every other year,leaks, transmission, computer problems the list goes on and on. I will never buy another Nissan ever in life.

10 great years and counting

by from on June 1, 2017

I bought this car in 2006 with 14,800 miles on it. I'm at about 110,000 as of May 2017. When I test drive smaller but newer cars I end up saying, "It's just not as nice as my 2006 Maxima." Not as fast, not as comfortable.

This car is one of my favorite car ride so smooth

by from Miami fl on May 20, 2017

This car is very nice and lots of space and you can tale your friends and family out to events and have enough room for everyone to ride comfortable that why i love these cars and is very good on gas i would tell a friend about this noce ride

Fun car to drive, great reliability

by from Mount Pleasant on May 13, 2017

Maxima is the flagship of Nissan and comes with only 1 engine. And what an engine! Powerful V6 speed and torque. Truly THE 4 Door Sports Car (4DSC).

Good At First

by from on February 16, 2017

Got this car at around 67,000 miles and it was fine for about 3 years. By the end of 2013, started experiencing shifting issues then midway through 2014, the car started jumping gears and others issues. In the end, it was either a transmission issue or something else. Didn't realize the '05 and '06 Maximas had issues with transmissions. Nice car. Just didn't last long.

Very nice

by from on November 5, 2013

I bought this car used and it is excellent. It had 115000 miles on it and still rides and handles like a ne car.

Transmission

by from Ft Lauderdale, FL on March 15, 2012

In May 2011, I had to buy a new car. I looked at several but always knew I wanted a Maxima. So went out and searched for several and found one I absolutely loved. Paid $13K for used 2006 with 70K miles - worked fine until 2 weeks after driving off the lot, then I had to fix the radiator, $300, new rear brakes etc...$250, then, are you ready.....the engine mounts - $1100....then back in Dec 11, started having problems where the engine was slipping - yes, transmission problems at just 80K....cost to repair $3000. Have I fixed it yet? Absolutely not. Spent too much money on this used car and still making car payments. Hoping to sell it off in a month; don't care if I have to pay more for a new car, at least I will be in a new car - car still drives fine most days because I only live and work 3 miles apart and I don't drive like a maniac. I'm very disappointed with Nissan.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Nissan Maxima