Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Murano

2009 Nissan Murano

2009 Nissan Murano

Have You Driven the 2009 Nissan Murano?

TREMENDOUS RIDE

by NISSAN FAN from WEST GREENWICH,RI on Mon Nov 22 2010

TRADED IN OUR HONDA PILOT BECAUSE WE JUST DIDN'T NEED AN 8 PASSENGER VEHICLE ANY LONGER. THE MURANO WAS THE PERFECT SIZE AND VERY STYLISH. THE GREATEST ATTRIBUTE IS THE SMOOTH SHIFTING DUE TO THE CVT, IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE DRIVING AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE WITH HOW QUIET IT IS. THE ACCELERATION IS EFFORTLESS AND THE CABIN IS VERY COMFORTABLE.FINALLY, THE AWD IS A MUST WHEN YOU LIVE WITH BAD WEATHER AND STEEP HILLS.MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT IT IS MY WIFE'S CAR SO I USUALLY ONLY GET TO DRIVE IT ON WEEKENDS.WOULD RECOMMEND THE MURANO TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN.

Comfort Plus Style

by Sierra from Green Lake, WI on Thu Oct 02 2008

I spent a few years shopping around before I decided on new vehicle. In the final selection, it was the Murano to suit my needs. Price, comfort, styling and most importantly a quiet ride with excellent handling for any crossover I tried made my decision easy. While it doesn't have third row seating (which one wonders if will be used for folks without many children anyway), it provides enough space & legroom for 4-5. Love the rearview camera for backing up and many new tech. features. I felt the Nissan Murano gave me the most bang for my buck, especially with the dual sunroof.

Another great Nissan

by Nissan Freak from Arlington, Texas on Mon Aug 13 2012

After purchasing a Armada & Pathfinder, I went ahead and purchased a crossover for my daily driver. Wife took it day 1 and will not give it back! Not too bad driving the Pathfinder, but the Murano is the best car I have had so far. Comfortable, great looks (LE package), and kids love the back seat legroom. I am 6'4" and fit very comfortably back there.

First Nissan. Great buy

by 1driver from phoenix, AZ on Tue May 13 2008

I have 1300 miles on my new Murano. I wanted to say goodbye to the minivan and looked at the Highlander, Pilot, Enclave, RAV4, Santa Fe. Knew the Murano was it when I drove it. I bought the SL FWD (don't need AWD) with the leather, premium, and technology packages. Interior is roomy and comfortable, powerful dual a/c a must in Arizona! It offers a VERY quiet, smooth drive and handling is firm and responsive. The power liftgate is handy, though a bit slow. The levers for the back seats to go down is very handy as well. Great Bose sound system with hands free bluetooth. Back-up camera is nice, though faded in strong AZ sun at times. Cargo space is adequate though not as roomy as some in its class. I wish it had more interior cup holders, especially in back. There is a center console that pulls down with 2 cup holders in the back, but if you have 3 seated in the second row, you need to lift that up and lose the cup holders. There are some blind spots in the rear because of the shape of the back window which I am getting used to. Overall gas mileage is 20.5 mpg with mixed driving. This is my first Nissan, so I can't say too much about reliability so far, but I LOVE MY MURANO and hope to be driving it for a very long time. Recommended it if you don't need a third row and want to get a lot of bang for your $.

great ride

by sue from wausau, wi on Mon Jan 02 2012

a lot of interior room, smooth ride, gas mileage not so good (have to give somewhere) now that the snow has started we are not concerned about visibility--we are happy with the Murano

Simply, An Awesome Vehicle

by Not Easy To Impress Tennessean from McMinnville, TN on Wed Apr 30 2008

Nissan has hit a "home run" with the 2009 Murano. This vehicle offers convenience, technology, and comfortability, all in one package! I'm more impressed with this vehicle, six weeks after purchasing, than I was the day that I bought it! Let me say this as 'simply' as I can --- if you're looking for a new vehicle, especially but not exclusively a crossover, you aren't doing yourself justice if you don't test drive the 2009 Murano......

Comfortable, dependable, and stylish

by Bone from Titusville, fl on Mon Sep 16 2013

Very nice vehicle with leather interior, dual sunroofs, and navigation. This vehicle has all the features you would want on a dependable ride. An optional all wheel drive which I may not need in Florida, but will come in handy if making any winter trips to the north. The gas mileage is not great at about 20 mpg, but I'll sacrifice that for comfort and safety. I also own a 2005 Murano with almost 200,000 miles on it that I feel is a pretty bulletproof package. I would recommend anyone looking for an SUV to strongly consider a nissan murano.

Love at first site

by Iceman from Monroe,my on Tue Nov 29 2011

Love everything about my murano style comfort performance but gas mileage could be better but I'll stay with it

Never more satisfied with the Customer Service.

by Lynn Floyd from Hubler Chevrolet U.S 31 on Thu Nov 12 2015

Never more satisfied with the Customer Service that I received from Robert, as a consumer. Very professional and knowledgeable young man. He was very patient and eager to assist me. I didn't have in mind to by on 10/10/15, but after driving this vehicle and seeing how comfortable it drove, as well as value of the car. Not to mention, the professional customer service that I got. I was ready to purchase my beautiful gas saving new car!! Thank so much Hubler!!!

Waited for the 2009, glad I did! Details improved.

by JC from Washington on Sat Mar 01 2008

Excellent car all around. Compares to high end Crossovers, Nice comfort. Plenty of power. Great driving experience. Two long road trips so far have convinced me I made the right choice. I would like a little more road feel from steering, However it handles great even when tugging through tight mountain corners. Only feature I miss is MP3 hard drive which unfortunately costs you $1800 because its teamed with overly expensive NAV system. I'm 6'2'' my son is 6'3" we both fit comfortably in the front or back. One complaint, steering wheel adjust handle on lower right side pokes into my knee while driving, minor annoyance but seems like an obvious mistake by engineers. Front pillar is some times minor visual obstruction. CVT performs surprising well?, although the teenager in this 40 year old wants to hear a little more chirp out of the tires, the wife is happy! If you want something more than a box with four tires like the Highlander or the Pilot Drive the Murano. I purchased Black on Black SL with all the features other than NAV.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2009 Nissan Murano

If events of the last several months have taught automakers anything, one should be that big no longer is better.

So what were the Nissan stylists thinking when they redesigned the Murano crossover for 2009 and added bulgy fenders, hood and body panels and the impression this machine is packing more pounds than necessary?

The secret is to make a sport-utility or crossover look trim and fit to reduce the impression it's a gulper.

We tested the all-wheel-drive '09 Murano SL powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 that packs a 265-horsepower punch to leave the light briskly and to take steep inclines without sucking air. It's rated at 18 m.p.g. city/23 m.p.g. highway, but what price AWD security?

With gas down to... Read More