Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Murano CrossCabriolet

2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet

2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet

3.4

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet?

Cross Crosscabriolet owner

by Cross Crosscabriolet owner from Western, CO on Tue Nov 13 2012

I owned this car for 7 months before trading it in, taking a HUGE loss. It was all I could take. The quality was so poor! The front seat belt system is a nightmare, having to reach to the back seat to get your seat belt, and tearing the cheap strip of pleather on the edge upon releasing the seat belts. The foam edging from the top kept coming out, needing glued back in. The doors are extremely heavy, and hard to get open (most spaces in parking lots are not big enough to accommodate). It is hard for back seat riders to get in (awkward, and SLOW moving power seat). The back seat headrests rubbed black marks on the top, from opening and closing the top. The top is SO SLOW to open or close, and makes a loud slamming sound upon closing. The door windows, that are supposed to adjust to avoid slamming the glass, were CONSTANTLY out of alignment. The ride in the front seats were fine, but if you rode in the back seats, you suffered a severe wind beating. I have no idea how slow the other reviewer drives, but all our back seat guests would have to sit forward and yell to hear us, at average speeds of 40 mph. The motor was not big enough to get the tank moving. I would find myself wanting to put my legs out, and peddle to get it going. The bells and whistles I was excited for... were also a bust, the heated seats and steering wheel could barely be called luke warm. The voice command was a long process, not the simple "call so and so". What I thought was my dream car (AWD, sitting tall, convertible), ended up being a nightmare. I was so glad when I finally was able to trade it, to the only car lot out of 7 that would take it (still at a huge loss to us). No one wanted it, saying they are impossible to sell, having 2 year old (still brand new) models still sitting unsold in several Dealerships. I was just so glad to be rid of the piece of junk! I had contacted the manufacturer, to complain about the issues, in particular the tearing of the interior, upon release of the seat belt. I was told no recalls would be issued, unless they received a certain number of complaints. That is hard to do, when there are so few sold. I know there are only two in our part of the state, and both of us had been in for the seat belt ripped interior. Paying that LARGE amount, for that poor of quality, and poor customer service.... that manufacturer lost me as a customer forever. In the words of Taylor Swift, we are NEVER EVER getting back together! I do have to mention the positives-the ride was very smooth, and the seats were so comfortable! We could take long road trips, without ever feeling it a bit. If only they had carried the quality had been throughout.

Does not recommend this car!!

murano

by jeff from gainesville,fl on Tue Oct 18 2011

i bought this car about month ago,and i am the happiest,this was the best purchase i have ever made,such solid vehicle,great car for the price

Pragmatic & Comfortable Convertible

by CrossCabOwner from Pacific Northwest on Sun Mar 11 2012

I'd been in the market for a mid-luxury convertible for a couple of years: Audi TT & A5, BMW 3, Lexus IS 250. Something always kept me from buying. Convertibles are designed & marketed to men; emphasis on mountain road-hugging performance and exterior sexiness. Missing: storage, practicality and comfort. My salary is extremely good yet was treated condescendingly and worse in those dealerships as well. The reaction from people I know to my car is pretty straight down gender lines: the women (who have never heard of it, why Nissan?) absolutely love it and squeal on sight, the men say 'why'? Because I don't feel like I'm driving a tin can that will be smashed if in an accident, it's as comfortable and feature rich as any hardtop I'd purchase, my family sits comfortably in the back and there is room for hubby and I to stash enough luggage for a weekend away (with the dog in the back too). A friend who has owned several convertibles said it's the best design she's experienced for a comfortable conversation with the top down amongst four people front and back -- no yelling required. The car isn't selling well so I was able to negotiate a great deal and two of the three Nissan dealerships I dealt with treated me very well. They need to market to moms who are bummed they don't have the fun car and just other women -- we tend to be more pragmatic, even when we want to have fun. With a V6 its for sure a gas guzzler, and it's not for performance and turning thrills but gets on the freeway and around traffic easily.

Lasted 3 weeks

by unhappycrosscab from Normandy Park on Fri Sep 16 2011

I purchased a cross cab on a sunny day. I was spellbound by the allure of a true four passenger convertible. Someone in the sun and shine of a new car, I neglected to notice how bad this car really is. To say the car handles poorly is gross understatement. It should be taken off the market. The car not manage corners. The windshiled sounds as if it may split in half. The access to the rear seats is poor because neither seat access works well. The power drivers side is too slow and the passengers doesn't work consistently. The doors are also too large too open to allow access in most parking lots. This car should have never been produced. I lasted 3 weeks and then traded it in. Nissan should recall this vehicle.

Does not recommend this car!!

I love this car

by Tinat from The Villages, FL on Thu Jul 12 2018

This is probably the most fun car I have driven. I love having the convertible top option with the height of an SUV, and also appreciate the fact that the air conditioner works extremely well for those days when it is just too hot for top down. The plushness of the leather interior and seat comfort on this car are far superior to the interior of our currently leased 2017 Murano SUV. Push button start, automatic convertible top, windows and seats make this car easy to handle. Navigation, back up camera and great sound system are added plus. The trunk is very roomy and can even handle a good amount of groceries with the top down. Extended warranty (which we have) is available to 60,000 miles. Would not sell this car if I had a choice.

Our Take on the 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet

Editor's note: This review was written in July 2011 about the 2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet is a large car that succeeds at being a comfortable convertible despite being hampered by uncertain handling, a small trunk and portly road manners.

Nissan does the car no favors by marketing it as a convertible crossover with all-wheel drive. Yes, it has standard all-wheel drive, and I know the car is based on Nissan's Murano midsize crossover, so one would expect Nissan to use that name in its marketing.

But the... Read More