2016 Murano Hybrid

2016 Nissan Murano Hybrid
3.5 out of 5 starsReliability

I wish I could rate this car higher

by Emcee0101 from on March 18, 2017

My husband and I bough a brand new 2016 Nissan Murano hybrid PLATINUM on 1-31-2016. About a week after owning the vehicle I was driving and started to smell a burning smell. Soon after there was a loud electronic warning noise that was continuous but no warnings were anywhere on the screens as to what it might have been. I pulled over and turned the car off and then back on and it didn't return. When I took it into the dealership they tried to recreate the issue for three days but couldn't. So I left with no answers. The next week my husbands car died so we had to jump start the car. I then had to take it in again because my husband was able to get the hood latched but it wouldn't close all the way. Luckily they were able to fix that problem. Here I am 2 1/2 month down the road (still under 1000 miles) and today I had the same constant electric warning noise and burning smell with no sign as to what it could have been again. No lights came on to even give me an idea of what it could be. Luckily it happened twice today and I remembered to Take a video of it the second time so I will be able to take it in and show the dealership so they don't thing I am crazy. (Last time they tried to ask me if it could have been the eco hybrid mode shifting. I am a woman and I don't know that much about cars but that sound and smell is not normal and anyone that would experience that would know that.) On top of that it says I'm supposed to get an average of 28mpg city and half of my miles have been on the freeway yet my average MPG is always around 17 MPG. What is the point of a hybrid if it doesn't actually give you better gas mileage. I paid top dollar for a fully loaded vehicle so I could feel safe with my family in this car and so far its UNFORTUNATELY been nothing but a headache. I love everything else about it. However, those are some HUGE deal breakers. We normally purchase from Infiniti and now i'm regretting using their sister company. The service and the vehicle has been so much less than what we are used to and expect. I normally don't write reviews unless I have a superior or a horrible experience. People need to know about these issues. Especially because this is such a new car that there really isn't anything online about it.

Does not recommend this car!!

I wish I could rate this car higher

by Emcee0101 from on March 18, 2017

My husband and I bough a brand new 2016 Nissan Murano hybrid PLATINUM on 1-31-2016. About a week after owning the vehicle I was driving and started to smell a burning smell. Soon after there was a loud electronic warning noise that was continuous but to warnings anywhere in the screens as to what it might have been. I pulled over and turned the car off and then back on and it didn't return. When I took it in the dealership they tried to recreate the issue for three days but couldn't. So I left with no answers. The next week my husbands car died so we had to jump start the car. I then had to take it in again because my husband was able to get the hood latched but it wouldn't close all the way. Luckily they were able to fix that problem. Here I am 2 1/2 month down the road (still under 1000 miles) and today I had the same constant electric warning noise and burning smell with no sign as to what it could have been. No lights came on to even give me an idea of what it could be. Luckily it happened twice today and I remembered to Take a. video of it so I can take it in and show the dealership so they don't thing I am crazy. (Last time they tried to ask me if it could have been the eco hybrid mode shifting. I am a woman and I don't know that much about cars but that sound and smell is not normal and anyone that would experience that would know that.) On top of that it says I'm supposed to get an average of 28mpg city and half of my miles have been on the freeway yet my average MPG is always around 17 MPG. What is the point of a hybrid if it doesn't actually give you better gas mileage. I paid top dollar for a fully loaded vehicle so I could feel safe with my family in this car and so far its UNFORTUNATELY been nothing but a headache. I love everything else about it. However, those are some HUGE deal breakers. We normally purchase from Infiniti and now in regretting using their sister company. The service and the vehicle has been so much less than what we are used to and expect. I normally don't write reviews unless I have a superior or a horrible experience. People need to know about these issues. Especially because this is such a new car that there really isn't anything online about it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Nissan Murano Hybrid is the best

by DM from Indianapolis Indiana on December 6, 2017

My car just hit 200,000 miles with out any issues get this car... its so reliable and it is the best car i have owned... buy this car

Nissan Murano Hybrid is the best